Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #101
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Why put him in the general area? Leave it the way it should be! His company is growing and products are top standards. That's why SSC are distributing there products. Shouldn't that say something? I don't see Gentle Giant, Bowen or other Smaller companies interact here and they have there sub-forum.
+1
Old 08-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #102
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

This just makes me respect Jerry (PCS) 10fold. He handles his critics like a man.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #103
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

especially in statue business, nothing is perfect.....

look at infamous Sideshow for example.

how many times have we all beg for better QTR Quality control? and we still buying from them? they keep coming out good stuff, lol
Old 08-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #104
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fderado View Post
I do not understand the logic of that statement...if you were NOT guilty of the accussations in the first place- how can it be called "given a 'second chance'..." because he was allowed to come back to the forum..?!?

Arahom was banned because of suspicions and false accussations that he was a re-caster...and this was not found to be true...and because of this- his status as member was re-instated. . Re-instated and second chance are miles apart in definition.

It is like saying that a a wrongly accussed suspect was sent to jail, and upon finding that he was actually innocent the authorities free him and say we gave him a 'second chance'.

Pardon me, but to me that is an absurd statement.

I am not aware of the specific facts but his banning suggests to me that he seemed to have been found guilty and banned before all the facts relevant to the case was investigated completely...again 'suspension' pending outcome of investigation should have been used here rather than 'banned'...

Where I came from a "second chance' implies that one has to first commit an error or mistake ....and then given the opportunity to make amends or 'a second chance'....

That's my 2 cents in...I am relatively new to this forum...so what do I know?
You are right - the term "Second Chance" does have an implication to it - and if he was innocent then the term does not apply
Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #105
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

If I make a statue, some people love it, and some people hate it. My responsibility and duty is to the people who love my work, not to those who don't. So when Arahom decides he's going to leave, he's doing it because of the hatred,not because of the love. It was the love that caused Lou to start that collection, it was love that caused Perna to do sketch cards and give him the proceeds. What he should be doing is staying because of the fans who enjoy his work, and in SPITE of those that don't. Taking this approach, the haters win, and even those that love his work and buy his stuff suffer. That stinks.

One has to be stronger than this, the ability to take arrows and survive is what makes champions. Folding from the few comments of some (while this can be extraordinarily difficult) is what makes us less.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #106
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
This just makes me respect Jerry (PCS) 10fold. He handles his critics like a man.
You do realize Jerry hasn't posted much on his threads as before also? A lot of it is to with some peeps who complaint or nag about there products. Some of peeps are to be blamed for this. It's not about the producer having "thick" skin or not? I think it's better for any producer not to have too much contact here anyways. Unfortunate Arhom & to some degree Jerry gets too involved therefore it has led to this.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #107
resin addict
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, and I'll start out by saying this is not meant to be disrespectful or meant to be taken as a smart ass comment, but didn't Randy Bowen kind of do the same thing that Arahorm is being taken to task for?
When I first joined this forum (several years ago), I collected Bowen mini-busts. Since that time my tastes have changed; but, my recollection is that one of the things that I thought was kind of cool was that Randy himself was a member and used to post and show WIP's and also respond to comments about pieces. As time passed (again, this is just my recollection, and I could be wrong), he decided that from a business perspective to take and respond to comments and criticisms was taking too much effort and time, so he indicated that although he might still check in to keep track of the market (so to speak) he would no longer be an active participating member of the Forum.
Although he did it in a different way, he still made the same decision and did the same thing; chose to no longer participate in public forum discussions about his products.
As I indicated, he might not have done it in a angry or frustrated manor, but other than that, what is the difference?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #108
Markoto
Fantastic Four

please do not dissolve his sub-forum. I love his work and i plan to buy that amazing Medusa.

i think now hes really need a second chance, i guess

Good luck everyone.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #109
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fderado View Post
I do not understand the logic of that statement...if you were NOT guilty of the accussations in the first place- how can it be called "given a 'second chance'..." because he was allowed to come back to the forum..?!?

Arahom was banned because of suspicions and false accussations that he was a re-caster...and this was not found to be true...and because of this- his status as member was re-instated. . Re-instated and second chance are miles apart in definition.

It is like saying that a a wrongly accussed suspect was sent to jail, and upon finding that he was actually innocent the authorities free him and say we gave him a 'second chance'.
I agree 100 percent. You don't get a "second chance" after being falsely accused. You are "cleared" after being falsely accused.

I'm glad to hear the ARH section will remain as long as there is activity there. Whether it remains or not should have nothing to do with anyone's opinion whether someone can "take the heat." If Arahom decides to come back some day, that's cool. Many, many folks (including lots of longtime posters) have taken extended breaks from these forums. It can be good to get away from the inevitable (and usually unnecessary) drama for a while.

Anyway, I wish nothing but the best for Arahom and ARH Studios.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #110
Darth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
You do realize Jerry hasn't posted much on his threads as before also? A lot of it is to with some peeps who complaint or nag about there products. Some of peeps are to be blamed for this. It's not about the producer having "thick" skin or not? I think it's better for any producer not to have too much contact here anyways. Unfortunate Arhom & to some degree Jerry gets too involved therefore it has led to this. I honestly think Jerry will not get involved as much if we don't change.
I know but, Jerry has said before that he wouldn't be around as much these days. Not because of the few Aholes but, because of his company growing, he is very busy. I don't think producers need to visit these forums everyday and answer all questions. We are not kids that need that type of attention but, it is nice to see them join in every now and then to share some new news or information.
Closed Thread