Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #721
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Yeah... I dunno. I'm also seeing these off putting differences between the two. I think I'd definitely be looking in to a replacement head though. The teeth just don't look right to me. At least the colours seem to match between the head and body better but the paint is just so flat looking compared to the proto. And what happened to the eyes? They need to pop. And yet still everything appears different from what we saw on the table. So I don't know what to think.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #722
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm just wondering how this took years to produce when it looks like all they did is paint every thing black, pop in the eyes/teeth and called it good. I've never been OCD on statues, but so far, what I'm seeing is not close to what was sold to us.

It's really so different that it's not even close. The stairs are completely different. The body is matte. The eyes and teeth look dull. It looks like someone just spray-painted the entire thing black. I really hope it's the photos because it's really far off from what we were sold in these photos.

Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #723
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Crazy how they can go from Kintaro to this in the space of a few months? The difference is night and day.

How they can let this quality slip by is unacceptable , considering the ridiculous time people have waiting for this product.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #724
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I'm just wondering how this took years to produce when it looks like all they did is paint every thing black, pop in the eyes/teeth and called it good. I've never been OCD on statues, but so far, what I'm seeing is not close to what was sold to us.

It's really so different that it's not even close. The stairs are completely different. The body is matte. The eyes and teeth look dull. It looks like someone just spray-painted the entire thing black. [b]I really hope it's the photos because it's really far off from what we were sold in these photos.[b]
I'd really wait for better pictures with better lighting because like i posted in the LOD thread lighting can do a hell of a lot.

Surely we've all learned to wait for the better pictures at this point?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #725
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'd really wait for better pictures with better lighting because like i posted in the LOD thread lighting can do a hell of a lot.

Surely we've all learned to wait for the better pictures at this point?
I think 90% of people will be happy with this but it doesn't take away the fact things were changed from proto. It's just a matter of if someone is willing to accept these changes.

I've come to trust my fellow collectors eyes one certain things. Things were changed no ultra high definition pics and lighting going to change that.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #726
qz33
Rescue

I've read the posts but I'm not really seeing what's different here.

Maybe his teeth are slightly angled but still looks mainly the same to me. And the gums aren't pink. The earlier picture with the head a different shade could easily be flash and not at all discernible in person.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #727
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I've read the posts but I'm not really seeing what's different here.

Maybe his teeth are slightly angled but still looks mainly the same to me. And the gums aren't pink. The earlier picture with the head a different shade could easily be flash and not at all discernible in person.
While I do see changes I don't see any DRASTIC incomprehensible change from proto that would warrent most people that have this on order to say it's a disaster would be shocked if this is the case. But I can see a few bailing on this.

Pcs seems to have problems with teeth I don't know what's been going on from raiden to this.

Darkness better have the greatest fu$king teeth known to man animal and statue after 3 years.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #728
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
While I do see changes I don't see any DRASTIC incomprehensible change from proto that would warrent most people that have this on order to say it's a disaster would be shocked if this is the case. But I can see a few bailing on this.

Pcs seems to have problems with teeth I don't know what's been going on from raiden to this.

Darkness better have the greatest fu$king teeth known to man animal and statue after 3 years.
The potential for backlash on Darkness is in a whole league of its own.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:58 AM   #729
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I think 90% of people will be happy with this but it doesn't take away the fact things were changed from proto. It's just a matter of if someone is willing to accept these changes.

I've come to trust my fellow collectors eyes one certain things. Things were changed no ultra high definition pics and lighting going to change that.
I honestly don't see the changes either, i see bad lighting and different angles.

Studio lighting can make such a huge difference to someone taking a camera phone pic under normal house lights.

The seam on the neck isn't great but its been there from day 1....and i do love the switchout options.

Just want to get my hands on him now so i can see in hand and get some pics done
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:37 AM   #730
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I honestly don't see the changes either, i see bad lighting and different angles.

Studio lighting can make such a huge difference to someone taking a camera phone pic under normal house lights.

The seam on the neck isn't great but its been there from day 1....and i do love the switchout options.

Just want to get my hands on him now so i can see in hand and get some pics done
I would certainly wait on the paint stuff, it's not uncommon for there to be paint differences in photos but not present irl. The upper gums do seem different.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote