Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Frazetta Talk

As we were discussing an upcoming Frazetta statue in another thread we got of the subject of the specific statue being produced to general Frazetta stuff and we were asked to take it somewhere else so as not to clog that thread with unrelated discussion.

So here it is. Anybody wanting to discuss general Frazetta stuff or wish list or anything not included in specific piece threads already existing.

One of the off topic items being discussed was the Frazetta produced 1/6 Dark Kingdom and I had said I would post a couple of "better" pics of the one Saul painted for me. Still a horrible photographer and with the flash (photos even worse without it) the beard looks redder than it does in person but here goes.

TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Such a nice looking piece. The signature is just the icing on the cake.

I'm working on putting a photo catalogue together of all my Frazetta items. I've amassed a pretty wide range of stuff. Statues, art work, puzzles, comics, books, shirts and some other random stuff. I even have an ornament somewhere. I'll post them here when I'm done. Eventually they will all go in my office once I'm done figuring out a good remodel for that purpose.

In about 4 weeks I'm heading up to the Frazetta museum. I'm hoping to pick up some more stuff if it won't break the bank. I did purchase a few things directly from his granddaughter in Philly this year at Wizard World. She was really nice.

I've also been toying with the idea of a Frazetta tattoo for quite a few years now. Still haven't made up my mind.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:20 PM   #3
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I was at the Frazetta museum last October and stayed there almost all day (My real name is Darrin Hinze) and Frank Jr and his wife Lori couldn't have been nicer.

I only wish I had gone several years ago when Frank Sr was still alive and all of the art was still there, but something always happened, either I couldn't get away or didn't have the cash. Now it is too late.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Also when I was there Jr was still selling the 1/6 Dark Kingdom but only as primed white (unpainted) and without the old mans signature.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #5
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah he just prime right over those horrible paint jobs...sculpt seems to be very loose also...
Love what Saul did with yours TN...mine would have to be stripped B/4 repainting mine.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #6
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
yeah he just prime right over those horrible paint jobs...sculpt seems to be very loose also...
Love what Saul did with yours TN...mine would have to be stripped B/4 repainting mine.
I would love to see it! I was kind of surprised you didn't get one. The sculpt is VERY loose per Frank's preference I guess. I have only seen 3 repaints, mine by Saul, the Alex Castro, and one by my friend Dan Nash (Shedman on the forum) and all are big improvements. I think Saul and Dan painted right over the previous paint job (I wish I had asked mine stripped as well) but I assume Alex stripped his down. He did strip the existing paint off my Barbarian I know that, he sent me pics as he did it.

I should ask Saul though, he may have stripped it down. He did strip the paint off my "Slutty Scully" that he did for me I know.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:33 PM   #7
warhead

Got mines when Ellie was still alive and running things...mines the casting looked terrible then you add the thick horrible paint job and you have a huge disaster.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #8
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Got mines when Ellie was still alive and running things...mines the casting looked terrible then you add the thick horrible paint job and you have a huge disaster.
But you do have one and presumably may get around to stripping and painting it someday? Man I hope so, I would love to see your work on it.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #9
warhead

One day.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #10
warhead

Got any pics of Shedmans paint up.