Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #1131
Parallax
Nightwing

Yeah Venom is very big. Pictures don't do him justice. I'll probably get him if I can gather enough rewards points.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:48 PM   #1132
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

He looks to be the right size for Venom.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #1133
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Just a thought...

The Spidey PF is a great stand alone piece. The symbiote variant is pretty nice as well. Now, when you think Spider-Man and his rogues in a series of 1/4 scale statues you tend to get excited. In your mind you picture classic depictions of these characters that many have been waiting for.

Green Goblin PF is nice but they went too modern/stylized with the art direction. Black Cat is...different. Carnage is good. This Venom...not my cup of tea with the toes and the X-Men's Beast pose. Something has gone wrong with the overall art direction for this line.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #1134
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Just a thought...

The Spidey PF is a great stand alone piece. The symbiote variant is pretty nice as well. Now, when you think Spider-Man and his rogues in a series of 1/4 scale statues you tend to get excited. In your mind you picture classic depictions of these characters that many have been waiting for.

Green Goblin PF is nice but they went too modern/stylized with the art direction. Black Cat is...different. Carnage is good. This Venom...not my cup of tea with the toes and the X-Men's Beast pose. Something has gone wrong with the overall art direction for this line.
They definitively should have made the bases interconnect creating a huge diorama
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #1135
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I think this line is exceptionally well done. SS has def made tweaks to the characters which are polarizing in opinion. So far they work well for me.

Re the idea of fully connecting bases, I don't think anyone here has a flat surface that large to put them next to each other. I think if they were connected it would look like a big mess.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 AM   #1136
MeetThyReaper
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The prices are going way over the top for me. I wanted Bane, Venom, and Carnage. I can't justify these prices, though.

A sad day, indeed.

-MTR
MeetThyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:37 AM   #1137
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Just a thought...

I really have to agree with this statement. Carnage is great. I even dig GG..except his head. Spot on with your venom synopsis. But... There's a lot of folks that really liked it so...I don't know.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #1138
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Just a thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I really have to agree with this statement. Carnage is great. I even dig GG..except his head. Spot on with your venom synopsis. But... There's a lot of folks that really liked it so...I don't know.

Guess I'm in the minority I dig this line totally got goblin he looks great with my Xm spidey villians and was really excited to see carnage with the double axe hand and this venom the texture is great ,dynamic pose and finally a great"venom" size ,,,unlike the last comiquette that I felt was way too small plus the ex is a switch out portrait always a win
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #1139
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

For the collectors saying that they'll wait for Prime 1 due to the cost of this...

You know Prime 1's Venom is going to be far more expensive right?
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #1140
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
For the collectors saying that they'll wait for Prime 1 due to the cost of this...

You know Prime 1's Venom is going to be far more expensive right?
correct. but you are assured a smaller edition size and top notch quality (especially the paint). I am willing to pay more to be "wowed".

SS version is "nice" but far from definitive. Add hit and miss qc, a large edition size, and well...it doesn't really make any sense to pre-order right away...only to potentially regret not getting another version that you may like way more.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote