Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2020, 07:20 AM   #1
Uzair
Doh!

Question Newbie in Denmark looking for online shop advice

Hiya guys!

Complete newbie here to statues (and figure) collecting. Have been a collector of diecast models (1:18 cars and 1:72 aviation) for some years so I know the addictive nature of collecting and pitfalls all too well.

I was blissfully unaware of statues until a week or so ago, and since then have ordered and preordered quite a few Hot Toys 1/6, and Iron Studios 1/10 and 1/4 statues. Don't have any in hand yet but the most critical thing I am trying to do now is acquire an Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 statue which is sold out most places. I do see it at a couple of shops but emails to one of them (bunker158.com) are not yielding any replies.

So can experienced collectors in Europe please give their opinion on these dealers:

bunker158.com - I believe it is a smaller operation, they don't reply to my queries about the statue availability and condition
cinematoys.it - the other possible source of the Captain America if I don't use bunker158, think I'll go with them if feedback on this shop is good

lacitedesnuages.be - about to place a large order with them, seem to be good

mythfactoryshop.com - have placed large preorder with them, seems to be one of the main sites on mainland Europe

twilight-zone.nl - have dealt with the owner Marcel on an incoming 1/4 Thanos statue order, good experience

collectiblesdirect.co.uk - is this the main UK shop?

The rest of the shops I've seen but not used or planning to use:

moviestore.nl
moviemaniauk.co.uk
planetactionfigures.co.uk
animetoys.it
gscollectibles.gr

So - can you please let me know which of cinematoys.it or bunker158 I should prefer for getting the Iron Studios 1/4 statue? I should mention it is important for me that the items be factory sealed with art box in pristine condition, so I try to avoid online shops which are webshop versions of a physical store and selling items which are are stocked on shelves in the shop where customers can touch or even open them.

In general I have to say that being a statue collector in Europe seems to be much more expensive and harder than in the USA; the Endgame Thanos Deluxe statue for example I see is $1300 from Sideshow but here it cost me €1850 =$2175 (+ €100 shipping) !!!! And that seems be trend across the board. Oh well - helps keep the collection size down I suppose!

So - thanks guys for reading and any help you can give. As I said I am a total newbie at this rather expensive hobby
Uzair is offline   Reply With Quote