Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #1871
French Cancan
Deadman

I just cancelled my Ciri EX. I think the fact that the production portrait doesn't look like the proto's one bothered me more than I thought.
Suddenly, I was like: do I still need/love this statue and was unable to answer. Considering the increase in shipping and the stratospheric increase in taxes, the best thing to do was to cancel. I think... And the long wait probably dulled my ardour as well...
I keep my order for alt Yennefer and the voluptuous " Candy" Uma though.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:20 PM   #1872
zaboman358
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I just cancelled my Ciri EX. I think the fact that the production portrait doesn't look like the proto's one bothered me more than I thought.
Suddenly, I was like: do I still need/love this statue and was unable to answer. Considering the increase in shipping and the stratospheric increase in taxes, the best thing to do was to cancel. I think... And the long wait probably dulled my ardour as well...
I did the same. Really hope P1 releases another Ciri with an updated portrait like Geralt and Yen, although this does not seem likely at this point. Maybe SS can do Ciri justice.
zaboman358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:44 PM   #1873
gs013564
Justice League

I wanted to cancel mine. But it was too late by the time I saw all the portraits and P1 and already put it on the boat. Some of the EX heads looked good (not proto quality). I'll be happy as long as they come out looking like the higher end of what I've seen. The regular portrait has not looked good in any of the pictures I've seen though. It's pretty frustrating.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:22 AM   #1874
Galactic Ho
Frackin!

Is Prime 1 slowing down on Witcher release? Unfortunately I think its a long shot, but a Leshen would be a great choice for a statue
Galactic Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #1875
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
It's a tough decision (I made the same choice as you) - especially when we know we may never see another Ciri statue in the future. But, I don't want to reward poor quality with my money. I would rather have NO Ciri than a BAD Ciri.

I'm not sure I would be as brave as you and keep Yennefer - for me the trust has gone (at least on this product line).
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #1876
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Ho View Post
Is Prime 1 slowing down on Witcher release? Unfortunately I think its a long shot, but a Leshen would be a great choice for a statue
Dark horse has a pretty sweet leshy. The base is a travesty, but it matches the rest of their line.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #1877
roguesecret
Doh!

Could anyone upload some ciri statue pictures?
So far i have only seen pictures from two ppl, one that looks bad and one that looks good.
roguesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:11 AM   #1878
Galactic Ho
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs013564 View Post
Dark horse has a pretty sweet leshy. The base is a travesty, but it matches the rest of their line.
Lol I agree entirely. I have the Dark Horse Leshen and for the price and size he is great, except for the base. The base is very chunky.
Galactic Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #1879
Jamando
Doh!

A few portrait shots with different light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ciri1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	132247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ciri2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	132248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ciri3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	132249  
Jamando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:30 PM   #1880
MrBirkin62
The Spirit

As soon as someone receives a sideshow shipping notice please advise. Shows August right now so should be soon
MrBirkin62 is offline   Reply With Quote