Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #1511
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Huh? Whatever you say there buddy. The EX unmasked is the best to date unmasked production/custom plain and simple. If you penny Pinchers want to save 50-100$ and deal with possible secondary market issues, power to you. The regular version looks fantastic no doubt. Mark my words, down the road not getting the EX portrait, you will regret it.
Some people would rather trade off the potential for future price appreciation for getting a good deal when they go to buy a statue. For the latter group, if you don't care for the exclusive, it makes perfect sense to wait on getting a regular for a significant discount.

People always debate these things, but it's not really a matter of debate, it's just personal preference.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #1512
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Some people would rather trade off the potential for future price appreciation for getting a good deal when they go to buy a statue. For the latter group, if you don't care for the exclusive, it makes perfect sense to wait on getting a regular for a significant discount.

People always debate these things, but it's not really a matter of debate, it's just personal preference.
Exactly.

And just so no one misunderstands- I think the sculpt on the exposed head is stellar! If I can end up getting a decent deal on the EX, I would probably go that way simply to have it sooner. But a lot of the appeal of the character for me is in his masked state, so that's the only way I could ever see myself displaying him.
Mostly because of that, for me it makes the most sense to wait for the best deal as possible which is likely to be for a reg at some point.

With 6500 total out in the wild, I'm not too worried about missing out while I bide my time.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:14 PM   #1513
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Huh? Whatever you say there buddy. The EX unmasked is the best to date unmasked production/custom plain and simple. If you penny Pinchers want to save 50-100$ and deal with possible secondary market issues, power to you. The regular version looks fantastic no doubt. Mark my words, down the road not getting the EX portrait, you will regret it.
Won't argue there about the excellent quality of sideshow's EX unmasked sculpt..but I personally think this one is still sure does rival it..
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:21 PM   #1514
SONICobra
Batman

Sosa does some of the best logan portraits hands down but i dont like a single thing about that particular piece
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #1515
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Sosa does some of the best logan portraits hands down but i dont like a single thing about that particular piece
Sosa's unmasked portrait of Logan on Semic's new 1/6 scale Wolverine statue is absolutely stellar. He's done some amazing portraits.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:02 AM   #1516
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
Won't argue there about the excellent quality of sideshow's EX unmasked sculpt..but I personally think this one is still sure does rival it..
Agreed. I want it but very steep on the bay. 2500+$
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #1517
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Sosa's unmasked portrait of Logan on Semic's new 1/6 scale Wolverine statue is absolutely stellar. He's done some amazing portraits.
My favorite is the one on the MvC custom, thats probably my favorite logan portrait to date in statue form
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:21 AM   #1518
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
This is one of my favorite pieces. More stunning in person, IMO Sosa does the best Wolverine / Logan head sculpts
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #1519
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I feel the same about the wolverine comiquette lol but people seem to love it. Personally i think its one of the worse if not the worse wolverine statues i've ever seen.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #1520
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
My favorite is the one on the MvC custom, thats probably my favorite logan portrait to date in statue form
It's phenomenal as well. It's got a great Leiniel Yu vibe to it and I love Yu's art.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote