Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #81
dr_teng

Just FYI, even though you can change Ebay usernames whenever you want, if you put someone on your banned Ebay bidders list, your list auto-updates with their new name.

So even if someone isn't bidding on your stuff and you simply don't want to buy from them, add them to your banned bidders list. Then check your list before you purchase an expensive item, to make sure they're not one of the people you don't want to deal with.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #82
samueljd
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Ok, I just received an email from Victor about a post a couple pages back. I wanted to post this. His english is not great, but good enough to show what he is trying to explain to me to post here. I copied the text and here it is.

Thats clearly bullBazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga! Kriss ..read again his statement..: "so I filed a dispute. I waited the last day to see if the guy would refund my money before I submitted the claim, but when I tried to submit it, I was too late. EBay allows 45 days from the exact time you paid and not the end of that day as I assumed' ..WHEN SOMEBODY/ ANY BUYER filed a dispute Ebay will take over the case rightaway / n no one will wait till 45 days if received the statue damaged !! The second option is MY user name is GODHAMMER55 ,, n there is another GODHAMMER user name THAT SELLING A LOT OF STATUE / COLLECTIBLE MORE THAN ME....,GODHAMMER IS THE BEST SELLER STATUE ON EBAY// ALL HIS ITEM IS CHEAP CAUSE HE SELLING HIS ENTIRE COLLECTION..AFTER HE DONE WITH THE SALES I CAHNGE MY EBAY USER NAM TO GODHAMMER55...,THATS 2 OPTION ONLY..EITHER THIS GUY TELLING A BULLBazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga!Bazinga! OR HE DEALING WITH OTHER SELLER ..!! I NEVER SELL THOR PF DAMAGED..IF ITS YES HE STILL CAN LEAVE ME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, PEOPEL CAN LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IN 60-90 DAYS PERIOD//TELL PEOPLE TO CHECK MY ENITRE FEEDBACK..I NEVER SELL PF THOR..!!!

Also, Victor also wanted me to let people know that Rare who posed this situation has multiple accounts and he continuously tries to bid on Victor's auctions. Then he tries to post lots of negative feedback. The thing is, Ebay has rescinded about 10-15 negative feedback from this guy. So, I have two things to say to Rare1, get some education, and secondly, leave Victor alone! If he is as bad as you say....leave him alone...Simple as that!
Apparently you guys didn't read my story very well. I stated my situation step by step so everyone could get an idea of my time-line.

Here is how it went. It took about a week to receive the statue after payment. I waited 2 weeks for UPS to finally pick up the package, because the seller had filed a UPS damage claim (don't know why it took that long, but that's how it went down). The seller informed me he had to wait for UPS to inspect the statue, before the claim would be completely processed. All this took well over 4 weeks to take place, which left me less than 2 weeks of the 45 days from my payment.

I was being very nice and understanding with the seller, so I filed a dispute and gave him a chance to come through during the short period I had left. For anyone in the same situation, just remember to pay attention to the exact time you made a payment (that's when EBay closed the window on submission of a claim).

Now this being said, I apologize to Victor for suggesting he was the seller who burned me. He was absolutely right, it was a seller with a very similar user-name to his (I double-checked my records).
Old 01-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #83
Bigmen12345
Kindly Asked To Leave

I knew one of those names was familiar. Not to long ago, I was on ebay and I bought the Batman Clock Tower Statue from Miracle/TheKingdom369. It was set for $700 or best offer
I message him for more pictures and ask if he can lower the price. He told me this "Its Extremely hard to find, beautiful detail, if you really want it, I have the right deal for you friend give me $525 through pay-pal as a gift so, it can waiver all of the ebay and pay-pal fees". He also said he would ship over night. I was very excited with the offer. I was a little skeptical but, he was a Power Seller and I knew Pay-pal also had there own dispute system so, I felt comfortable with the transaction so, I sent an instant payment. He sends me a tracking number When I check it. it said Ground shipping. I E-mailed him about that, did not receive a reponse, I was upset waiting for about 5 days I finally got the package. I open the box and what I got was SUPERMAN ACTION FIGURE!!!!!!!! with card that said "I'M SORRY Out of Stock!!! TAKE IT UP WITH PAY-PAL. IT WAS A GIFT AND MY GIFT TO YOU IS SUPERMAN" My Wife wanted to call the cops and I told her No, lets call PAY-PAL first. It's a horrible feeling to be deceived and rob at the same time.

I was piss beyond belief, I called PAY-PAL Immediately and since it was sent as a Gift they told me they can't do nothing about it.. I am currently looking to start a small claims case against him and pay-pal.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #84
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmen12345 View Post
I knew one of those names was familiar. Not to long ago, I was on ebay and I bought the Batman Clock Tower Statue from Miracle/TheKingdom369. It was set for $700 or best offer
I message him for more pictures and ask if he can lower the price. He told me this "Its Extremely hard to find, beautiful detail, if you really want it, I have the right deal for you friend give me $525 through pay-pal as a gift so, it can waiver all of the ebay and pay-pal fees". He also said he would ship over night. I was very excited with the offer. I was a little skeptical but, he was a Power Seller and I knew Pay-pal also had there own dispute system so, I felt comfortable with the transaction so, I sent an instant payment. He sends me a tracking number When I check it. it said Ground shipping. I E-mailed him about that, did not receive a reponse, I was upset waiting for about 5 days I finally got the package. I open the box and what I got was SUPERMAN ACTION FIGURE!!!!!!!! with card that said "I'M SORRY Out of Stock!!! TAKE IT UP WITH PAY-PAL. IT WAS A GIFT AND MY GIFT TO YOU IS SUPERMAN" My Wife wanted to call the cops and I told her No, lets call PAY-PAL first. It's a horrible feeling to be deceived and rob at the same time.

I was piss beyond belief, I called PAY-PAL Immediately and since it was sent as a Gift they told me they can't do nothing about it.. I am currently looking to start a small claims case against him and pay-pal.

That sucks man. I will never sent money as a Gift. I know some SF members here do reguest money as a gift, but I wouldn't. I rather pay the rate difference.

Unless I know the person personally, no purchases will be made as a "gift" ever!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #85
dr_teng

That's good advice, don't ever use gift unless it's someone you're actual buddies with.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #86
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmen12345 View Post

This is a common fraud and there's loads of examples of it on other forums. Usually you get a phonebook to make up the weight of the parcel.

I'd claim against my credit card and contact the Police as it's mail fraud. Hope it works out.

Sending Gift payments through Paypal is a serious no no.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #87
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Time to lock this one down.
Closed Thread