Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-13-2017, 12:53 AM   #241
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Hey, if Sam Bats can have 5 portraits, I see no reason Ivy can't have 3.
and with lower price point too!
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:58 AM   #242
Garentz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I love the new bob haircut portrait. It looks awesome and is hands down my favorite of the three. I think you're in the wrong line if you want "exactly how everyone knows Ivy"
I'm not in the wrong line, like i said i love the Geisha portrait which brings the Japanese touch and this is the most important in my eyes but we also need to have a classic portrait included.

I understand that some people can like the haircut portrait but let's be honest if XM want to make only 2 portrait it has to be the Geisha and long hair portrait for sure.

The best would be to include 3 portrait, i mean there are 3 or 4 portrait for Catwoman so why not doing the same for Ivy and at least eveyrone will be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan View Post
I second that, my friend. they still use the same face sculpt after all, just not the the long wavy hair of ivy we know and love. and it's pink. gosh...
I think we need a classic portrait for each statue in this rising sun line, just like batman has.
100% agreed my friend, we definitely need one classic portrait for each statue in the Rising line. I wish they will listen to us and make the long hair portrait with red hair and not pink.
Garentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:08 AM   #243
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garentz View Post
I'm not in the wrong line, like i said i love the Geisha portrait which brings the Japanese touch and this is the most important in my eyes but we also need to have a classic portrait included.

I understand that some people can like the haircut portrait but let's be honest if XM want to make only 2 portrait it has to be the Geisha and long hair portrait for sure.

The best would be to include 3 portrait, i mean there are 3 or 4 portrait for Catwoman so why not doing the same for Ivy and at least eveyrone will be happy

100% agreed my friend, we definitely need one classic portrait for each statue in the Rising line. I wish they will listen to us and make the long hair portrait with red hair and not pink.
I don't think that is going to happen anymore due to licensing issues. I hope it happens...but it's not sounding to good right now.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:58 AM   #244
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I don't think that is going to happen anymore due to licensing issues. I hope it happens...but it's not sounding to good right now.
Correct, licensing issues are limiting what portraits they are allowed to do for this line.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 AM   #245
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

As Loric and Sisko said, you definitely won't be seeing any classic portraits for this line from XM. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I recall, that's why Catwoman was delayed because a more traditional Catwoman head was originally included and DC said no to that. They ended up having to create another head for that piece.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:38 AM   #246
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Whoa whoa -- that bob portrait is stunning. Don't take that away from me.

Though I will say I think it's stupid that "long hair draped on shoulder" makes it a classic portrait and therefore off-limits to XM. Long hair is just a staple for most women. I could see if they were doing long hair, wild and big with vines all in it (Hush style). However that's not the case at all. It was shown in a cute side low ponytail. Hardly "classic Ivy", but still pretty.

I blame DC for this ridiculous hindrance of XM's art direction.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #247
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I blame DC for this ridiculous hindrance of XM's art direction.
Don't blame DC. It's Sideshow who are doing the cockblocking. It's highly likely Sideshow voice their opinions when DC make their decisions. I would too if I were paying millions for an exclusive license.

It's a shame XM don't have the financial muscle to acquire global rights for Marvel and DC. Prime 1's art direction doesn't appeal to me for the most part. So for classic DC we're stuck with Sideshow mediocrity.

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #248
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
Don't blame DC. It's Sideshow who are doing the cockblocking. It's highly likely Sideshow voice their opinions when DC make their decisions. I would too if I were paying millions for an exclusive license.

It's a shame XM don't have the financial muscle to acquire global rights for Marvel and DC. Prime 1's art direction doesn't appeal to me for the most part. So for classic DC we're stuck with Sideshow mediocrity.

Until we get to the 1:6 scale -- then it's XM running the JL scene.

I, for one, am stoked about the smaller scale at that XM art direction and switch-out option level. Can't F'in WAIT for their Wonder Woman, Black Canary, and Zatanna.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #249
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

so sad that this one is removed.. was the one I like most

davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #250
ambasah
Red Skull

it is unfortunately. but I imagine a creative fellow or two will be able to produce it for us.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote