Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #501
Turtle
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
#10 Evil Ryu in the house
Congrats. Let see some pics.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #502
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Can someone take a picture with an other 1/6 Sota and a 1/4 PCS for a size comparison? Thanks in advance!..
TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:16 AM   #503
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSFToySpirit View Post
Can someone take a picture with an other 1/6 Sota and a 1/4 PCS for a size comparison? Thanks in advance!..
Here you go, not trying to take good picture, just for the size comparison. It's slightly bigger than the PSC statues, it's same height as the PSC Ryu, but that one is standing up straight, this one have a taller base.

It looks great, I like it. I think this line can't end here, need at least a Ken to go with him, and SOTA should make a 1/4 Ken since the 1/6 one was bad (my opinion)...

The packaging is good, the boxes are huge... My wife gave me an evil eyes after 2 huge boxes shown up... and reminded me the number of boxes at home should be decreasing not increasing...

Am I bad luck? or everyone have the power cable connector under his left foot? It's very noticeable
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3322.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	63230  
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #504
Turtle
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post

Am I bad luck? or everyone have the power cable connector under his left foot? It's very noticeable
Mine have the connector under his left foot as well. I thought that's kind of strange since that's where the front of the statue is. Maybe AJ can let us know if this is a flaw in manufacturing.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #505
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thanks for the pic keewan, he looks great!..

I agree that a 1/4 Ken could be good with him, I'm also not a fan of the 1/6 version...
TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #506
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Here you go, not trying to take good picture, just for the size comparison. It's slightly bigger than the PSC statues, it's same height as the PSC Ryu, but that one is standing up straight, this one have a taller base.

It looks great, I like it. I think this line can't end here, need at least a Ken to go with him, and SOTA should make a 1/4 Ken since the 1/6 one was bad (my opinion)...

The packaging is good, the boxes are huge... My wife gave me an evil eyes after 2 huge boxes shown up... and reminded me the number of boxes at home should be decreasing not increasing...

Besides all the Ryu PCS Hype and its grail status, wich Ryu is better in your opinion?
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #507
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Besides all the Ryu PCS Hype and its grail status, wich Ryu is better in your opinion?
My vote goes to the PCS Ryu version!....
My vote is based purely on the design look and nothing else!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #508
ajn9316
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The position of the connector is a flaw. The prototype had it positioned two sections to the right (behind the foot), but for whatever reason it was relocated during manufacturing.
ajn9316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #509
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Hard to say which one is better, right now PCS have a line going, so if I am going to display a Ryu in my statue room, I would perfer to display it with all the other PCS SF statues. But if I were to display a single statue somewhere, then I will go with the SOTA Ryu, more dynamic pose, light up, it's bigger all in all I feel it display a lot better by itself than PCS Ryu. I really think both lines can co-exist, they aren't even the same style, museum vs action. I am buying both.

But the bottom line if we don't look at a line vs one off statue. In a perfectly equal world if I don't own any SF statues, walk in to a store, and can only buy 1 Ryu, I would have walked out with the SOTA one.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #510
FROBAY
Phoenix

[QUOTE=keewan;3882827]Hard to say which one is better, right now PCS have a line going, so if I am going to display a Ryu in my statue room, I would perfer to display it with all the other PCS SF statues. But if I were to display a single statue somewhere, then I will go with the SOTA Ryu, more dynamic pose, light up, it's bigger all in all I feel it display a lot better by itself than PCS Ryu. I really think both lines can co-exist, they aren't even the same style, museum vs action. I am buying both.

But the bottom line if we don't look at a line vs one off statue. In a perfectly equal world if I don't own any SF statues, walk in to a store, and can only buy 1 Ryu, I would have walked out with the SOTA one.[/QUOTE]

That was my take on it. If they were worth the same cost and you walked in a store for 1, I would not doubt take the light-up Sota. I own both, but just sayin.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote