Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Should SF PCS have NRD for better ES?
Yes, impose 10%NRP for lower ES 20 86.96%
No, more flippers, more messed up high ES 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Should SF PCS have NRD for better ES?

Should the next PF releases by Pop-culture shock have Non-refundable deposit?
Chun-li, Dhalsim, Balrog, Bison, and Sagat thus the rest of the line

To limit and filter the real statue collectors of Street Fighter and limit the impulse buyers and flippers away? making the line more limited good edition size, should Jerry discuss imposing the 10% Non-refundable deposit on the next release?

Please do state your reason also by responding to this thread.. So that we can encourage PCS to go with the result of the poll
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

just look at guile ! still not sold out !! 550 IS WAY TOO MUCH
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
just look at guile ! still not sold out !! 550 IS WAY TOO MUCH
True, 550 seems a bit high but I don't think flippers/impulse buyers are totally to blame. I'm with the camp that believes Sideshow acted on impulse - greedy impulse!

So in the Guile situation, if there was a NRD maybe Sideshow wouldn't have been tempted to be greedy but maybe they would've...who knows...

I vote to 'have NRD for better ES' but in fairness, the prototype pictures should reflect the final product better than they have been, and people need a better time frame as to when the product is going to be released.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
Please do state your reason also by responding to this thread.. So that we can encourage PCS to go with the result of the poll
The poll options seem a bit rigged...does anybody want more 'messed up high edition sizes'??? I guess 1 person voted for it...
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

I dont really have any say in that. I dont control Sideshow.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yes Jerry, that is a good idea, impose a 10-15% non-refundable deposit.
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
Awesome

Yeah Sideshow is definitely doing a deposit for these pieces coming up. 750 should still be the maximum for this line. Sorry to say but this line will stay more popular if there aren't more pieces to go around, it would be a bad idea to up the edition sizes for the new statues, even for Chun-Li. If Guile still hasn't sold out with 550 for the regular, no way would Chun sell out with even more made for her regular.

People still aren't ready to spend like they used to. Sideshow has to play smart and lately they have been cutting the edition sizes on most of their new pieces because their warehouses must be stacked to the roof with products.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #8
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I dont really have any say in that. I dont control Sideshow.
Yes your not in control of sideshow, yet your influence over your statue is in your control, just give them a nudge about charging NRD, nothing bad at all.

Beside its good money for sideshow prepaid money
700 Statue x 30$ (300$-10%) = 21,000$, sitting in thier bank for over 6 months before release, which earns interest.
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:07 AM   #9
jye318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Yeah Sideshow is definitely doing a deposit for these pieces coming up. 750 should still be the maximum for this line. Sorry to say but this line will stay more popular if there aren't more pieces to go around, it would be a bad idea to up the edition sizes for the new statues, even for Chun-Li. If Guile still hasn't sold out with 550 for the regular, no way would Chun sell out with even more made for her regular.

People still aren't ready to spend like they used to. Sideshow has to play smart and lately they have been cutting the edition sizes on most of their new pieces because their warehouses must be stacked to the roof with products.
yea, that is what I mean, guile is a famous guy in SF line already, no matter what is coming up next, if is over 500 pieces for regular again, it will last longer then guile !!
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #10
Spazzy
Hercules

I don't like nrd, but it helps take a bit of pressure off when flexpaying it, and I am forced to make a decision more quicker if I really must have it or not, but with PCS, most limited ed pieces are ones I am not interested in anyways, I prefer the original costumes, the only exc I have is Vega, and it is looking that way until Chun Li (wil get the exc as well only if it is the alpha costume)
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote