Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 12-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #31
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thanks .

Yea, I am waiting to see a painted copy of him(Zoro) to decide. The past P.O.P. stuff I have not cared for, especially at their price points.

I really hope that they do a lot more awesome ones in their MAS line (the same line as the Marco that I posted above) where they really go all out. I had to pass on P.O.P. version of Enel for the FigureArts one because wanted to actually see some of his lightning effects. I don't need everyone being flashy, but the Zoa fruit users really should be taking full advantage in their figures.

Would love to see an amazing Ace vs Blackbeard diorama from someone (from their epic battle in the manga with his fire going against Blackbeard's darkness). I recently learned that Banpresto(sp?) did something from this scene, but they are super tiny and really look cheap and crappy to me.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #32
MrYac
Hercules

Banpresto I believe are actually toys you can win from claw style machines in Japan, so their quality can be a bit iffy sometimes but I find overall they are well done, especially when you compare their prices to stuff like the PoP's.

as for the line itself I'd like to see them focus more on new characters then the million revisits they do. as you know Buggy is 100% my top want, but i'd also love to see a Hatchan (he was my favorite member of Arlong's crew and the fact that he actually became relevant again in the series is a plus) and I've recently developed a strong want for Doc Q on his Horse, I love the whole horsemen vibe he's got going
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #33
Sharkey

Yea, they really need to stop the revisits, especially with stuff like that god awful Whitebeard one.

I am all for a revisit if it is a MAS though. I will buy every one of those awesome Zoa users in P.O.P. MAS line. They can do some seriously awesome work as evident by Marco, so I'd love to see that creativity and skill put to use on the other characters. I am hard pressed buying static figures.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #34
MrYac
Hercules

and here I actually like a nice basic pose most of the time, when an action shot is done right it's cool but I find they are very easy to screw up. I wouldn't mind seeing a wolf Jabra though, and since they did Lucci it's possible
Old 12-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #35
Sharkey

Yea, I agree they are more difficult to do properly, but they really make the pieces worth it to me. I just don't want museum pieces in my collection. I want to see the pieces as if the characters were frozen in time and be able to survey that action. My first piece was DCC's Batman vs. Killer Croc, and is still one of my favorites for its sheer power and detail captured.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #36
MrYac
Hercules

at least for a first representation of a character I like a more basic pose before a crazy action
Old 12-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #37
Sharkey

Fair enough. Get the basic look down before you go crazy. I can get behind that.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #38
MrYac
Hercules

so who would you top PoP wishes be?
Old 12-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #39
Sharkey

Akainu (lava admiral)
Black Beard (in some form of using the darkness power, or having it flow off of him. Probably better done in their DX line for the extra size of him)
Doffy (in something that is not just that huge pink feather thing)
Buggy (have some parts separated via sword slashes and stuff)
Garp
Zoro (post timeskip)
Brook (pre-timeskip)
Lucy
Sanji (comedic or action, but not a normal museum)
Kyrios (Rebecca's father)

All in dynamic poses showcasing their powers, or at least having the effect going on of their abilities:
Ace,
Crocodile,
Mr 3(that's the wax guy right?),
Enel,
Smoker,
Magellan (preferably with the hydras, or a comedic one of him on the toilet)
Old 12-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #40
MrYac
Hercules

yup 3 is the Wax guy, pretty good list and most of them are pretty likely to get made. I have been pretty close to picking up the Blackbeard, he's just so goofy looking like the perfect caricature of a pirate, shame Shiliew is the only other BB pirate they've made so far and I find him the least interesting looking of the bunch