Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-14-2017, 05:11 AM   #61
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Conor can fight with full gas tank for 12 rounds easy.

He'll be more awkward than Maidana hitting Floyd with all kinds of weird punches thrown from every angle.

In a clinch Conor will manhandle and move Floyd at will.

Floyd will run like normal but he will be cut off and be forced into a corner.

The crowd will be on Conors side.

chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #62
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

8 ounce gloves, yo...I smell an upset. ...not really.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #63
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
It will be interesting to see Floyd dealing with Conor's awkwardness. It's a boxing match but don't expect Conor to go in boxing, all he has to do is use his hands and stay within the rule set, all the other do's and don'ts that these pro boxers have learned over the years and that Floyd is use to won't be there with Conor. He's going to be fighting, not boxing.
I don't understand that sort of logic. The thought that a Boxer might struggle against an opponent because they are a fighter, not a Boxer?

To imply this implies Boxers have been missing a trick since the dawn of Boxing

My logic has the belief that those that become Cage-fighters are the types that are no good at Boxing.
McGregor is in for a shock. His only hope is if he lands a lucky left-hander.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #64
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^I think it's because some of the most awkward boxing styles gave Mayweather his toughest fights like Maidaina and Augustus(who Floyd had mentioned was tough because of his awkward style). The only chance Conor has is to make it awkward and try to bully Floyd with his size and hope to somehow catch him with something. That's really what Canelo and Pac should've done instead of trying to outbox arguably the greatest defensive boxer of all time.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #65
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

McGregor is going to give Floyd a beating lol boxing fans already prepping themselves for that "lucky" punch.

Conor is a different animal. Even in the mma world thats why he's the only one simultaneously holding two championship titles.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:22 AM   #66
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Well Conor did WAY better than I expected and had a brilliant gameplan, his timing and counters looking even better than Floyd's early on. If he had cardio he'd be one heck of a boxer but you could tell his punches had nothing on them after 3 rounds. Pretty interesting fight, you don't see Mayweather being the aggressor very often, much less an entire fight. Good showing for boxing and MMA imo, and what a chin on Conor too lol.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:49 AM   #67
ukshaun
Hercules

I predicted that McGregor would come out guns blazing at the start, and Mayweather would spend the first 3 Rounds defending and working out what McGregor was about. I got this right

I predicted McGregor would burn out through lack of boxing experience, upon Mayweather would capitalise. I got this right

I predicted Mayweather probably would not have what it takes to knockout McGregor. I half got this right, as the fight ended on a technical knockout

I predicted McGregor might get lucky and knock out Mayweather with a lucky left-shot. I got this wrong

I though the fight was stopped too early. Then again, maybe the ref called the right decision, as McGregor really had nothing else to give, other than attempting to last to the end.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:09 AM   #68
supermetroid
Teen Titans

It's crazy to think about how much cardio is needed to fight at the highest levels and how much even the mental game can fatigue your body. I'm surprised at how easily it seemed for Conor to hit Floyd and outcounter him early. Either Conor is greatly underrated in boxing or Floyd allowed him to get shots off since Floyd was more aggressive than normal(probably a bit of both).

I think this fight will only make Conor even better in MMA, and he'll probably learn that staying composed, as he called Floyd, is the most important factor in not gassing and being strong until the end.

And yeah ukshaun, I guess it really wasn't a KO, but his legs were gone and he was going to just take a ton of punishment otherwise. I guess it would have been ideal for him to get knocked down before the stoppage and either counted out or regain composure. It might be better though, as now at least Conor can still say he's never hit the canvas lol.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:52 AM   #69
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
It's crazy to think about how much cardio is needed to fight at the highest levels and how much even the mental game can fatigue your body. I'm surprised at how easily it seemed for Conor to hit Floyd and outcounter him early. Either Conor is greatly underrated in boxing or Floyd allowed him to get shots off since Floyd was more aggressive than normal(probably a bit of both).

I think this fight will only make Conor even better in MMA, and he'll probably learn that staying composed, as he called Floyd, is the most important factor in not gassing and being strong until the end.

And yeah ukshaun, I guess it really wasn't a KO, but his legs were gone and he was going to just take a ton of punishment otherwise. I guess it would have been ideal for him to get knocked down before the stoppage and either counted out or regain composure. It might be better though, as now at least Conor can still say he's never hit the canvas lol.
Both walked away winners in some respects. Its given McGregor a wealth of knowledge of what its like to fight one of the best. Given the paydays on offer compared to cage-fighting, i can only assume McGregor will have a desire to fight more boxers. But with 30 million+ he could call it a day, and collect statues
Old 08-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #70
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

This is pretty much what I predicted. Great fight, entertaining, especially for boxing which I don't find as interesting as other sports. I expected McGregor to lose but to take one of the greatest in all of boxing history into the 10th is damn impressive! In wrestling you would say this was booked in a way both came out looking strong. Floyd won - which he should have as a now 50-0 champion and McGregor also won by lasting until the 10th, and NOT getting completely knocked out by one of the greats!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote