Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-21-2017, 09:30 AM   #2161
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Btw, Sindragosa anyone?
I had to look this up. Because I never played WoW, I have no idea what the connection is. Other than awesome imagery. What power (magic breath) does it have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yes, thank you. I just watched it again. I think it was "I hope I deserve it." And "you do." Sometimes I can't understand when these Brits mumble under their breath. lol YEARS ago, in season one, Ned was talking with Jaime in the throne room. I had to replay that a dozen or more times until I could figure out what Sean Bean was saying.

With the second viewing, I kept the Bran theory in mind. At first some signs pointed to it, but then the pendulum swung hard the other way for me. I'd really hate that to be the reveal though. I think that would unnecessarily convolute things. The world is rich and intricate already without a time-traveling mind involved. And I doubt Martin's smart enough to do it without the inevitable plotholes that would eat at my brain forever. I've already filed away four or five problems with the theory from this ep alone.
Speaking to the woman who has the same issue of needing to rewind. Bran's scenes are always usually the worst for me. Everybody else is so clear, almost intentionally so, with their delivery. Not that guy -- he just spits it out all mushy.

I need to watch it a second time. And I think the Bran/Night King theory has a greater chance to be fleshed out in the books IF that is where Martin is going than on the show. But we shall see. I'm just still enjoying this crazy ride. Next week looks to be stressful with all the heads of the houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Oh such drama! I need a whole day to recover!

I think Viserion will breathe a kind of ice flame, it will be very destructive like fire, but will turn everything to ice. I guess the main thing he'd be useful for would be attacking a castle or other fortification such as the Wall. It was really, really hard to watch him crash like that. I've never felt so depressed from watching CGI before. Is it at all possible he could be brought back from the dead? As in he's "mostly dead"? Hmm... Let's not write him off just yet. Although he's probably a goner and Drogon will have to thoroughly burn him.
The poor, horrible screech of death and pain. Then with Drogon and Rhaegal screeching it was even more impactful. I can't wait to see what power Wite Viserion has. Though I can't see how freezing would hurt the wall as much as fire for melting the ice that helps to also protect it. I'm sure that is why the Night King wanted the dragons - their fire. So unless his breath causes the wall to be so cold it can shatter.....I think he gets to keep his fire.

Maybe his dragon brothers won't have to burn him because damn, that would be sad. If Jon, or anybody, can kill the Night King perhaps Viserion will shatter because he was "made" by the Night King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I jhst want to know what happenef to the hammer?
I will keep an eye out on my second viewing. Would suck that Gendry ran all that way and some schmuck lost his hammer while fighting the undead. Damn ingrates.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #2162
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh- and it's days like this where I love the internet. The memes and twitter over Viserion's death are gold. Mad props for the Yugioh references.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #2163
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I had to look this up. Because I never played WoW, I have no idea what the connection is. Other than awesome imagery. What power (magic breath) does it have?
Watch the WoW: Wrath of the Lich King cinematic intro on YouTube. Just very cool to see a similar live action theme in GoT.

Last edited by Luminous; 08-21-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #2164
johnclone
The Enchantress

I think it is at the bottom of the frozen sea now. #rememberthehammer

I liked how quickly Jorah identified the Night King as the one target they had to kill to stop all the wights, he took it all in stride and was just like "we gotta kill that guy up there" Jorah's pretty good with a javelin too, maybe next time he'll bring a few with him.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #2165
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Speaking to the woman who has the same issue of needing to rewind. Bran's scenes are always usually the worst for me. Everybody else is so clear, almost intentionally so, with their delivery. Not that guy -- he just spits it out all mushy.

I need to watch it a second time. And I think the Bran/Night King theory has a greater chance to be fleshed out in the books IF that is where Martin is going than on the show. But we shall see. I'm just still enjoying this crazy ride. Next week looks to be stressful with all the heads of the houses.

The poor, horrible screech of death and pain. Then with Drogon and Rhaegal screeching it was even more impactful. I can't wait to see what power Wite Viserion has. Though I can't see how freezing would hurt the wall as much as fire for melting the ice that helps to also protect it. I'm sure that is why the Night King wanted the dragons - their fire. So unless his breath causes the wall to be so cold it can shatter.....I think he gets to keep his fire.

Maybe his dragon brothers won't have to burn him because damn, that would be sad. If Jon, or anybody, can kill the Night King perhaps Viserion will shatter because he was "made" by the Night King.

I will keep an eye out on my second viewing. Would suck that Gendry ran all that way and some schmuck lost his hammer while fighting the undead. Damn ingrates.
It was such a sad moment.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #2166
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Excellent episode. I never considered Dany taking the dragons North before this episode.

Like others I'm thinking Viserion will breath ice not fire and since the Dead cannot pass The Wall due to the magic that protects it I think they may use him to freeze the Eastern sea so they can march around it.

It's crazy how fast this season is progressing. The core narrative is bringing characters together so fast you can feel the end closing in. It's kind of bittersweet.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #2167
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Mini rant incoming but WTF are they doing with Bran!? I'm thinking to myself okay now is the time he going to be a huge deal moving forward but nooo he's just some guy who isn't even as lovable as he was before. It's like he actually, despite this adventure beyond the wall, serves no purpose. The guy was on board with this fighting the bigger evil early. He's the "3 eye'd Raven" now which seems is a guy that see's stuff but does nothing which in a sense makes him worthless. Keep in mind Bran sat out an entire season! They really need to do something with Bran significant and like next week. Also Arya menacing her sister makes zero sense. Does she really believe that Sansa was betraying her house willingly? When these two separated they weren't in some sort of blood feud they had the normal sibling issues. Now Arya is implying she wants to rip her face off. Come on! I usually absolutely gush over GOT and the stuff beyond the wall no matter how play by number and fast travel (seriously whats up with that!?) it was was good fun man. But this condensed season has nothing to do with not enough material but a business decision. How something ends is so important and I'm not saying they are messing it up but I can see now that it could use just a little more room to breath. Somebody set me straight.

I know there is a Bran theory out there but I'm just saying whatever they're going to do ... do it for crying out loud.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #2168
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Like others I'm thinking Viserion will breath ice not fire and since the Dead cannot pass The Wall due to the magic that protects it I think they may use him to freeze the Eastern sea so they can march around it.
An excellent point. Due to my geographically challenged nature, which seems to include fictional geography, I never remember that sea is close to a point of interest

My poor pretty Viserion. A tool for white walker evil.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #2169
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yes, thank you. I just watched it again. I think it was "I hope I deserve it." And "you do." Sometimes I can't understand when these Brits mumble under their breath. lol YEARS ago, in season one, Ned was talking with Jaime in the throne room. I had to replay that a dozen or more times until I could figure out what Sean Bean was saying.
I understand the dialogue for the most part, but if I do miss a line, I rewind once and watch again with subtitles turned on.

The accents and mumbling are nowhere near as bad as Tom Hardy's Taboo where I leave the subtitles on ALL the time.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #2170
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I understand the dialogue for the most part, but if I do miss a line, I rewind once and watch again with subtitles turned on.

The accents and mumbling are nowhere near as bad as Tom Hardy's Taboo where I leave the subtitles on ALL the time.
Ah, Taboo was the worst. I am with you, Subtitles on 100% of the time for that show.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote