Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: DC Comics will revert back to original continuity in 1 to 2 years
Yes they will 30 76.92%
No they wont 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2016, 06:21 PM   #201
XSE
Nightwing

I have to say overall DCs "rebirth" has me back on board. I was a Marvel zombie and I buy far more DC now than Marvel. My Marvel has dwindled to just a few and those books are hanging on by a thread. None of the Rebirth titles I've picked up have been bad and all of them are better than anything Marvel is putting out.
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #202
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Both Batman and Detective have been phenomenal. As much as I liked Snyder's run I honestly think that this is stuff is far better than Superheavy, Zero Year and Endgame. Only the modern classic Court of Owls and Death of the Family (to a lesser extent) stand a notch above.

Honestly I was set to quit comics with Rebirth and now I can't wait for Wednesdays again.
I disagree. I've bailed on both Batman and Detective as well as Action. I agree that Superheavy, Zero Year and Endgame were let downs after Court of Owls, but this new stuff leaves me absolutely cold.

Last edited by wktf; 07-08-2018 at 09:43 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #203
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I disagree. I've bailed on both Batman and Detective as well as Action. I agree that Superheavy,!Zero Year and Endgame were let downs after Court of Owls, but this new stuff leaves me absolutely cold.
How far did you go on Batman and Detective, or did you just sample those inaugural issues?

I personally liked the more human and emotional Batman in Kings book and Detective has made me like Batwoman for the first time since her modern reintroduction.

I do have to concede that the new caring/sharing Batman is a change of pace but at the same time the ever growing Bat-family necessitiated this as he could not be the "grim, solitary avenger of the night" with this massive supporting cast they have built around him.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 09-14-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #204
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

"Superman" is the best read I have had in a long time. The introduction of Jon Kent was brilliant, fresh and did all the positive things for Superman's character that Damian failed to do for Batman. Haven't read Action at all though; going to TPB that one.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #205
SONICobra
Batman

ive heard really good things about superman, debating picking that up in trades or tracking down the first few issues
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:24 AM   #206
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
"Superman" is the best read I have had in a long time. The introduction of Jon Kent was brilliant, fresh and did all the positive things for Superman's character that Damian failed to do for Batman. Haven't read Action at all though; going to TPB that one.
It's really been a very strong book.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:17 PM   #207
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm continuing to read "Superman." It's really working for me and proof, once again, that characters like Superman and Fantastic Four can be great and strong selling books with the right writing and writers who get the character.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #208
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I only enjoyed All Star Batman out of the rebirth stuff so far. Because of the way Marvel has gone with their books and also how society is with our little niche hobby, I am a little afraid to try anything else without it trying to tell me how to live life through fictional characters. Also with the hiring of Kelly Sue at DC, I am definitely gonna just stick with my little corner and my Image books.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #209
Gothamite
Phoenix

Comics have always had something to say about the real world. Writers and artists don't live in vacuums.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #210
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Comics have always had something to say about the real world. Writers and artists don't live in vacuums.
True, But I personally like to escape every little detail that is going on in society when I read comic books. Some of it is fine, but other times some of it just comes off as pandering and not really all that inspiring. However, if you like that sort of read then all the power to you man/lady. At the end of the day this is art..
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote