Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #1161
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Greetings Alex,

While we are on the subject of videos, any chance the Back Stage Pass videos might make a come back? I really enjoyed them and they helped showcase the pieces better then pics alone can do. I would like to see them come back at least for the heavy hitters. Add the 360 view to the list also.

Many thanks
Backstage Pass videos are more than likely not to make a return. If they do, they would more than likely be re-done in a different style (maybe shorter, different visually, etc.). Backstage Pass videos just would not viewed much at all, so continuing to create something that hardly anyone was interested in wasn't really feasible anymore.

360 videos should (SHOULD) be making a return in some way in the future though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

Has Sideshow taken any special notes or steps towards applying fabric to upcoming statues in a better way? We saw with The Baroness that Sideshow gave her the dumpy diaper, and then we saw with the Crimson Baroness that she was given an even worse change in sewing the fabric around her body as a fix. Recently we got the Batman PF with the loose fabric around his underarms, and all fans ever heard about these problems was something akin to "Sideshow takes notice of these issues," without giving us purchasers any real news about steps being taken towards future statues.

We've kinda seen the Harley proto with a decent fabric application around her body, and Superman looks as correct as the Batman PF proto did before the production release. But now with a statue like Catwoman coming, whose sole purpose is to be displayed with her backside out, have there been any changes to Sideshows fabric applications and how they can be tightly wrapped around bodies so the sculpt underneath isn't hidden and/or wasted? Are fans expected to have to "fix" these problems themselves by tearing apart the fabric and re-gluing them back on their own? I imagine there are a few statues coming up that will be heavily fabric dependent, and not seeing fixes to current PF releases now have a lot of collectors worried about higher statue prices for low quality production models.

Thanks!
We are always striving to release incredible products to collectors with each product and as such close eyes and hands are being kept on the products as they progress through production. I've recently seen a Superman production piece and I thought it looked pretty darn nice! I haven't seen Harley yet (a production piece that is) so I cannot speak to how she looks at this juncture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVENGED View Post
Hi Alex, how about new Wolvie pf.. Any info for that?
I believe the wolverine thread started by Igo will give you your best answer. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
Alex, Any chance on a Psylocke X-Force PF similar to the DeadPool?
Sorry, but I do not know.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #1162
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Really excited for the New HULK PF's(can't wait for Green!)....will all three have different poses? Thanks Alex!
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #1163
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Thanks for the reply Alex. Hopefully the 360 views do make a return.

Too bad that the Back Stage Pass videos have been retired.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #1164
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoToys View Post
Really excited for the New HULK PF's(can't wait for Green!)....will all three have different poses? Thanks Alex!
They will all have the same pose but each one will have some differences about them (and it's not just color).
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #1165
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hi SSAlex, I would like to know if this Saruman Premium Format Figure is the last product from Sideshow Collectibles in middle earth?

Thank you.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #1166
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Thanks Alex....I hope it's not just the head sculpts.
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #1167
toty21
The Avengers

Hi Alex....sorry is this was asked already. Is there any word on the Don Cheadle portrait for the iron patriot?
toty21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #1168
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

SSA.
you may be bable to shed some ouight on this or not but, seems how there has been a plethora of DC PF being released.
when will we start to see the comiquette line of DC statues?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #1169
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Dear Alex, do you know what the exclusive is going to be for the Big Red Hulk PF? Do all the new Hulks come with similar-ish bases.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #1170
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Do you know if SS will offer an EX version of Optimus Prime or will it be limited to just Japan? The EX for Megatron was only available in Japan....I hope that's not the case with Prime!
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote