Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 09-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
Lucky Baru
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anthony at Anthony's Comic Book Art - What a GREAT buying experience

Today I finalized a deal with Anthony at Anthony's Comic Book Art. It isn't for a page that would knock anyone else's socks off. Matter of fact, it has been around for a long time. I saw that the page was on sale and sent a message to him about it. A little bit of back and forth went on along with a few missed phone calls on both sides.

I'm happy to report that the page was paid for and is supposed to be shipped to me today. Anthony is a very nice guy to deal with. In the future, I will be buying more pages from him as this experience has been just GREAT so far!

I hope he can find the page I asked about when we were discussing other interest. If so, I'll be making another purchase very soon.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:14 PM   #2
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

avoided him on ebay and his website due to severely overpriced pieces. wait...this is the same guy who was on comic book men right? if so yes...severely grossly overpriced pieces.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
Lucky Baru
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
avoided him on ebay and his website due to severely overpriced pieces. wait...this is the same guy who was on comic book men right? if so yes...severely grossly overpriced pieces.
A couple of things happened. First, it went on sale. Second, we went back and forth on price after that. Came up with a total we both felt good about. Lastly, he was extremely nice on the phone, and shipped it within 12 hours of me paying for it. I paid for it on Thursday and I got it on Monday. It went from the east coast to the midwest in that time.

Having dealt with an artist's representative this week on the phone and via email who was none of the above I'd rather deal with Anthony. Two very different experiences. I can say this - the artist in question and his representative will NEVER see a dime from me due to my interaction with the representative. I'll buy that artist work on the secondary market if I buy it at all.

It isn't always about price. Customer service goes along way in my book.