Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

First time ARH customer/ Last time ARH customer . Buyer beware!

Just wanted to relay my experience with ARH studios. I firmly believe that all buyers should be informed with what type of company and customer service you will be dealing with when you decide to spend your hard earned money.

I decided two years ago to take a chance and order the ARH Studios Death Dealer 1 statue. I did not know anything about ARH Studios at the time and decided to take a chance because I love this statue. I pre-ordered immediately after it went up in 2014. I did not have any problem with the two year wait. I wanted them to take as much time as they needed to get it right.

About seven weeks ago I was contacted that the statue was on it's way. I was thrilled. When I opened him up I was thrilled. It looked better than I had hoped it would. It truly is a wonderful piece. Mine did arrive with several problems which I documented immediately.

One of the chains on the saddle was hooked improperly. A small thing that I could probably live with or try to fix. The second issue was more concerning. Paint had rubbed off or stuck to the packaging in several areas. And several of the area are very large. These rubs occurred on the display side of the statue and are very obvious.

I immediately sent ARH an email with pictures. After a week with no reply I sent another e-mail and finally called. After several call attempts I was finally able to speak with Spencer. He confirmed that they had received the pictures and he would show them to Arahom when he returned from lunch and they would get back to me with a solution. He said this might take a few weeks.

I waited five weeks before attempting to contact them again last week. I finally was able to get a hold of Melissa and once again explained my situation. She was unable to locate my prior e-mail and the pictures I had sent. They had been deleted and there was no record of my contact anywhere. She had me resend the original e-mail and the pictures. She confirmed that she received them and said that when Arahom returned from lunch she would show him the pictures and someone would get back to me.

Fast forward another week.

I have been trying all this week to reach someone at ARH. Calling 1-2 times a day as my schedule permits. Finally today I again spoke with Melissa. She sounded very uncomfortable and said she remembered who I was and would again try and show Arahom the pictures when he returned from lunch. She stated that he is making his way through customer issues and contacting them in the order they were received. I reminded her that I had lodged my initial request seven weeks ago before the arrival of most of their products.

At this point I am seven weeks out and hold out little hope of getting a replacement or a fix. I have started the process of contacting my credit card company and doing a chargeback for my money. I have had to do this once before when I made a mistake and let my desire for a piece overcome common sense and I was scammed out of $500. I have to say that I feel roughly the same right now.

I feel I have been more than patient. I have not hounded them with phone calls and e-mails. I have not yelled at anyone when I reached them on phone. I have been nothing but polite. All it would take is probably 20 minutes of their time to talk to me and work out a solution. I am a very reasonable person. But they do not value me enough as customer to do anything. Literally nothing. No phone call. No e-mail. No solutions. Literally and figuratively Arahom and ARH is out to lunch.

I just wanted to let people know - Buyer beware. You have the potential to get a beautiful product from ARH but you better pray that it arrives intact. Because you do not want to enter the quagmire that is their customer service.

Good products are important but what really sets a company apart is how they treat their customers when something goes wrong. ARH really needs to take a hard look at how they operate. Today you lost at least one customer.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Sorry to hear about your experience, outlikealight.

They always encourage us as customers to e-mail or call with our questions or problems, then stuff like your situation happens. There's really no excuse for it.

Hope everything works out for you in the end.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:22 PM   #3
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Out are you in South Dakota? If it falls through with ARH I might know a guy who might pay you full refund money for it and pick it up.

Just as a possible option. PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:46 PM   #4
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

That sounds about right. When you get your statue and it's good, the world is roses. When it's messed up, the term quagmire is pretty much right on. I guess I better call back about my Arkhalla.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #5
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Mental note - always call after lunch.

Seriously though, that really sucks. But not very surprising.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I feel for you. Same thing is happening to me. I've had my broken Achilles about 6 weeks now. I sent one email right away. No response. I called a few days later and talked to Spencer who said they will be looking at the emails and getting back to me. Never heard a word back. I resent another email last week and still no response to this day. It's very very frustrating. What can I even do at this point? I have a broken $400 statue that's just sitting here with no resolution or plan of action in sight.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #7
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Sorry for you guys. Not surprised at all by these stories though. ARH Customer service is horrible.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:15 PM   #8
outlikealight

Just an update.

ARH did e-mail me that Arahom had taken a look at the pictures. They offered me a $50 credit and it was his opinion that I could paint the horse myself. No mention was made of the chains on the saddle that are incorrectly hooked. I also received a shipping label. I was confused by this.

I replied right away that I really did not want any money back and I would be willing to try and touch up the horse if they sent me specific directions on what to do and the paint to match. I told them I am sure I can't just go buy any black paint and slap it on.

Back into CS purgatory as I have not heard anything back again.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #9
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
Just an update.

ARH did e-mail me that Arahom had taken a look at the pictures. They offered me a $50 credit and it was his opinion that I could paint the horse myself. No mention was made of the chains on the saddle that are incorrectly hooked. I also received a shipping label. I was confused by this.

I replied right away that I really did not want any money back and I would be willing to try and touch up the horse if they sent me specific directions on what to do and the paint to match. I told them I am sure I can't just go buy any black paint and slap it on.

Back into CS purgatory as I have not heard anything back again.
This terrifies me. Telling a customer to repaint the statue themself? I can't even fingerpaint. I can't believe mine has to travel all the way from the US to Australia in that crappy foam.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #10
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Paint it yourself? Yikes.
Closed Thread