Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
What are you waiting for?
1:3 Arkhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
$800 is way too much to give up on. But as I and many others have reasoned out. He doesn't have the money to give full refunds. As he admitted that he couldn't pay to ship statues at one point.

The problem is once you go past the credit card / Paypal time periods you are at the mercy of Arahom being a good guy. Or going to the BBB. I don't know the Canadian version. Arahom did say that he would ship all the statues regardless.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=109

But it's such a terrible position for a customer to be in.
I understand his situation, I get why he can't refund me. Unfortunately, his inability to leverage his business properly is not my problem. If you're gonna act like a professional in this business and play in the same arena as other statue companies out there, at least show up to the party in the same formal wear. At this point I don't want to dump anymore money into getting this thing here. With the exchange rate, shipping and customs this will be a 1k Canadian statue. I'm sorry, but it ain't worth anything near that and if I sell it, I'll be lucky to get half that back. I don't care if he can't refund me via PayPal, send me a cheque, send me cash, send me silver bars. Just give me back my money.

Chris
Old 02-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #252
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post

I understand his situation, I get why he can't refund me. Unfortunately, his inability to leverage his business properly is not my problem. If you're gonna act like a professional in this business and play in the same arena as other statue companies out there, at least show up to the party in the same formal wear. At this point I don't want to dump anymore money into getting this thing here. With the exchange rate, shipping and customs this will be a 1k Canadian statue. I'm sorry, but it ain't worth anything near that and if I sell it, I'll be lucky to get half that back. I don't care if he can't refund me via PayPal, send me a cheque, send me cash, send me silver bars. Just give me back my money.

Chris
He can give you something better they never run out off...a promise.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #253
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Time for an update. I apologize that this is so late in coming.

My journey with ARH came to an end on January 27th. I received a Death Dealer Horse via USPS shipping. I opened the package the first week of February and verified that everything was in excellent condition.

Late December and early January I had exchanged several PM's with Spencer here on the forums. That appeared to be the most consistent way for me to make contact. Although this was sporadic at times. I don't know if any of my e-mails to ARH directly were ever answered. I'd have to go back and check. If any were it was very few. I stopped trying to contact via e-mail early in the process. Contacting them by phone was better because Melissa would answer. She was always very nice but was never able to provide any answers. So I stopped contacting them by phone.

Finally in one of my PM's to Spencer I offered to pay for return shipping on my Horse in full if it was completed. I didn't receive any reply for several weeks but then a message arrived that they were willing to send me a new Horse and asked if I would split the shipping. I told them that I knew they were having problems and that I would be willing to cover the entire cost of shipping. I paid for shipping in early January and the Horse shipped later that week.

I was happy to receive the Horse. As I have always stated I love the statue. I think it is wonderful and I doubt I'll ever sell it. Part of that is it would just be a giant pain in the ass to ship it.

Will I ever buy anything again from ARH? At this point absolutely not. I don't care how great some of their stuff is. It's just not worth the hassles that come with it.

As I've said before - I started this thread because I think it's important for consumers to be able to make an informed decision. While I had heard that people experienced some issues with ARH - a quick glance at the forums didn't set off any alarm bells. That is my fault. I should have dug a little deeper.

For the few die hard vocal ARH supporters here - I love your passion. I get it. While I definitely did not agree with your view points a lot of the time I did appreciate the conversation and your contributions to this thread. Several of you I will admit frustrated the hell out of me. But I do believe that getting both sides of the ARH story was important.

A special thank you to everyone here who supported me during this period. Both in this thread and the many kind messages I received via PM. This is a great community.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #254
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Congrats, glad everything worked out for you. Not everyone leaves with a statue after the ARH experience lol.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #255
clutch
Sailor Moon

Glad it worked out. At least they are trying. Who knows their system is for deciding who gets what and when.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:52 PM   #256
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post

Chris
You might have to go to his studio to get your money back. Make a big scene with cops and put it on youtube. As by his post and changed policies, I don't think he intends on refunding anyone. Outlikealight even posted about splitting and paying for return shipping. You think a company that is at that point will refund you?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:28 PM   #257
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Well I guess I should call them and offer to pay for shipping back to me. Even though I paid for shipping to send a brand new broken Achilles back to them, paying another $30ish to get it back may be worth it in the long run.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #258
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm late to the game here... So reading the last few pages I'm guessing that ARH is broke.... Does this mean odds are not great that I will get my two pre-orders?

8_(
Old 02-22-2017, 01:10 AM   #259
Ravana
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
Time for an update. I apologize that this is so late in coming.

My journey with ARH came to an end on January 27th. I received a Death Dealer Horse via USPS shipping. I opened the package the first week of February and verified that everything was in excellent condition.

Late December and early January I had exchanged several PM's with Spencer here on the forums. That appeared to be the most consistent way for me to make contact. Although this was sporadic at times. I don't know if any of my e-mails to ARH directly were ever answered. I'd have to go back and check. If any were it was very few. I stopped trying to contact via e-mail early in the process. Contacting them by phone was better because Melissa would answer. She was always very nice but was never able to provide any answers. So I stopped contacting them by phone.

Finally in one of my PM's to Spencer I offered to pay for return shipping on my Horse in full if it was completed. I didn't receive any reply for several weeks but then a message arrived that they were willing to send me a new Horse and asked if I would split the shipping. I told them that I knew they were having problems and that I would be willing to cover the entire cost of shipping. I paid for shipping in early January and the Horse shipped later that week.

I was happy to receive the Horse. As I have always stated I love the statue. I think it is wonderful and I doubt I'll ever sell it. Part of that is it would just be a giant pain in the ass to ship it.

Will I ever buy anything again from ARH? At this point absolutely not. I don't care how great some of their stuff is. It's just not worth the hassles that come with it.

As I've said before - I started this thread because I think it's important for consumers to be able to make an informed decision. While I had heard that people experienced some issues with ARH - a quick glance at the forums didn't set off any alarm bells. That is my fault. I should have dug a little deeper.

For the few die hard vocal ARH supporters here - I love your passion. I get it. While I definitely did not agree with your view points a lot of the time I did appreciate the conversation and your contributions to this thread. Several of you I will admit frustrated the hell out of me. But I do believe that getting both sides of the ARH story was important.

A special thank you to everyone here who supported me during this period. Both in this thread and the many kind messages I received via PM. This is a great community.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
I've read this entire thread numerous times and I'm happy that you got the statue you wanted. The most noteworthy thing to mention is that you handled the whole event like a gentleman (an extremely patient one, might I add), even going as far as offering to pay the shipping yourself.

I hope you're relieved and happy collecting! I pray you (and all of this fine community for that matter) don't have to suffer a similar situation again.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:05 AM   #260
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm late to the game here... So reading the last few pages I'm guessing that ARH is broke.... Does this mean odds are not great that I will get my two pre-orders?

8_(
I have three on PO... no worries here. We will get our statues.
Closed Thread