Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #151
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
So just a little update on this piece and my replacement. I spoke Arahom, they are replacing this piece as a whole. (In roughly 10 days or so) Also, he mentioned that the casting of smaller seperate pieces has proven problematic and time consuming. They are going to cast larger pieces versus the smaller parts.
I also mentioned the painting of the joints as you guys pointed out and he agreed that was something they wont do anymore.

All in all was a informative conversation and i have to say ARH is going out of their way to help on this replacement.
I hope they actually come through for you.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #152
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Sounds better than my contact with Sideshow at this point. I messaged them over three days ago and have heard nothing.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #153
dao2
Cyclops

haha yeah my SS contact is a bit spotty too, they said they're going to arrange for pickup for my damaged p1 bust but later in the same email that I should go drop it off with UPS. It's a big as hella box and at a storage location so I gotta arrange something with the manager to get it picked up if that's the case. Hopefully they get back to me before someone actually goes and picks it up :P

edit: Also I'm just concerned if I'm getting my order as part of those first 10 or not, haven't really gotten any clear confirmation on it, just I think so and should. Guess I have a call in my future :P

also arahom has a new video addressing this on the fb page, good on them ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #154
clutch
Sailor Moon

The glue on top of paint is a rookie mistake. I wonder if they are going to use five minute epoxy or superglue. Even those have low tensile strength if pieces aren't pinned. But I can understand his delimma. You can't pin every piece and it takes time. For pieces that I never wanted coming apart, I would use threaded rod and resin for glue lol!

Edit:

Just watched video. Redesign is awesome. So is selling unused pieces at a discount.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #155
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
The glue on top of paint is a rookie mistake. I wonder if they are going to use five minute epoxy or superglue. Even those have low tensile strength if pieces aren't pinned. But I can understand his delimma. You can't pin every piece and it takes time. For pieces that I never wanted coming apart, I would use threaded rod and resin for glue lol!
I watched the video and they are going to make the bodies from scratch with new molds. So no glueing or using epoxy to fix the current problem.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #156
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

They are going to re-mold so that they have more solid pieces to eliminate the problem of failure where paint is glued to paint. ARH has a video up on FB right now explaining the changes. The pinning option was considered but was rejected in favor of remolding and recasting.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...e%20collectors

Most of what has been discussed here is what he talks about and the solutions he went with. AND great news for those who didn't like the color scheme, he is going to sell those first cast pieces as kits, and he said he is going to sell as kits for $150. Great price if you ask me.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #157
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
They are going to re-mold so that they have more solid pieces to eliminate the problem of failure where paint is glued to paint. ARH has a video up on FB right now explaining the changes. The pinning option was considered but was rejected in favor of remolding and recasting.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...e%20collectors

Most of what has been discussed here is what he talks about and the solutions he went with. AND great news for those who didn't like the color scheme, he is going to sell those first cast pieces as kits, and he said he is going to sell as kits for $150. Great price if you ask me.
That $150 is a great price... it's like the Viking all over again! I might pick one up and do a dark haired variant... it will be cool to see what people make of her.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #158
SAB380
The X-Men

Harley Quinn variant !
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:03 AM   #159
zxplee
Fantastic Four

got my kit

loved the kit.well packed and half painted.got to say well worth the price. Thx again spencer for a job well done.Paid on Thursday received on Saturday.Im a ARH lover not a Hater.
zxplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:30 AM   #160
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxplee View Post
loved the kit.well packed and half painted.got to say well worth the price. Thx again spencer for a job well done.Paid on Thursday received on Saturday.Im a ARH lover not a Hater.
do you have pictures?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote