Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #61
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I'm not sure I agree with that, at least in regards to the DC/Marvel bishoujos. Sexy women are extremely popular in the pop culture markets. Just look at the popularity of Zenescope comics or bad girl comics in general. Even DC and Marvel comic variants usually revolve around really sexy/hot versionss of characters. Thats why so many people collect the DC and Marvel bishoujos. They are basically very sexy and gratuitous versions of The DC/Marvel characters. It really has very little to do with actually liking anime.

That could certainly be true with other lines of bishoujos, but I just don't see that being the case with the Marvel and DC lines. I have 3 buddies, as well as myself, that collect Marvel and DC bishoujos and none of them are fans of anime.
I think the argument is because they are designed and drawn by Shunya Yama$hita, who does anime and games. His style is very anime looking. I wouldn't say that everyone has to have a anime past to like them. But what ztenir says has some merit in some cases, not all. I like them because they are sexy but also because it is a line of well designed and sculpted statues that are affordable, that span a who's who of Games, Comics, and Movies. Awesome statues. That is why we all like them. The other reasons depend on the person.
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:58 PM   #62
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

At first I didn't like this statue at all because it was so un-bishoujo like, but it has grown on me to the point where I am looking forward to it. That being said, a Cortana bishoujo (wrong game I know) would be incredible.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:06 PM   #63
Ayato1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
At first I didn't like this statue at all because it was so un-bishoujo like, but it has grown on me to the point where I am looking forward to it. That being said, a Cortana bishoujo (wrong game I know) would be incredible.
Dude. I don't even like Halo and I would buy a Cortana Bishoujo, HA!!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #64
Ayato1381

In Pixel Dan's Kotobukiya Product Wallkthrough SDCC 2015 video Dan Lujan of Kotobukiya says that if Tali is well received they will make more Mass Effect Bishoujo's in the future.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #65
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato1381 View Post
In Pixel Dan's Kotobukiya Product Wallkthrough SDCC 2015 video Dan Lujan of Kotobukiya says that if Tali is well received they will make more Mass Effect Bishoujo's in the future.
I think she will be. I have never played the game and I will likely get this one. I like the character design.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #66
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

What I meant is I think they are more likely to enjoy the bishoujo faces with their anime style, than people who think little of Japanese culture. Sure pretty girls sell, but it takes a certain something to become popular.
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #67
Honored Knight
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This one wants it! Dat' ass!

She will look lovely with Liara and FemShep.
Honored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #68
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Anyone know when the PO is?
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #69
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Anyone know when the PO is?
Shouldnt be too long now. Maybe next month.
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #70
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato1381 View Post
I think the argument is because they are designed and drawn by Shunya Yama$hita, who does anime and games. His style is very anime looking. I wouldn't say that everyone has to have a anime past to like them. But what ztenir says has some merit in some cases, not all. I like them because they are sexy but also because it is a line of well designed and sculpted statues that are affordable, that span a who's who of Games, Comics, and Movies. Awesome statues. That is why we all like them. The other reasons depend on the person.
Yeah, I can go along with that!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote