Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-24-2024, 11:38 AM   #471
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Yes. You need to be a site donator to sell though. You?ll get more traffic on the Facebook buy/sell groups though. And I?d avoid selling on eBay unless you have a sought after piece. eBay fees are 15-20%
Sure, try other places first, but no place gets you the exposure that Ebay does. I've found even the 15% fee you can usually bake into your price and get a sale.

PS - add a handling fee to cover the 15% Ebay will pull from your shipping cost if you use their labels.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:53 AM   #472
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Thanks. My inquiry is less to do with selling and more to do with purchasing statues from the last few years that have sold out. The XM Thanos, for example.

I'd be interested in the names of facebook groups if you can share.
SparkyMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:39 PM   #473
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Sure, try other places first, but no place gets you the exposure that Ebay does. I've found even the 15% fee you can usually bake into your price and get a sale.

PS - add a handling fee to cover the 15% Ebay will pull from your shipping cost if you use their labels.
That is true. The exposure is way more than facebook groups. Plus you don't need to deal with low ballers and critics on ebay.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:40 PM   #474
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMW View Post
Thanks. My inquiry is less to do with selling and more to do with purchasing statues from the last few years that have sold out. The XM Thanos, for example.

I'd be interested in the names of facebook groups if you can share.
You can try statue collectors BST. Everyone has their own tastes but you could do a lot better than the XM Thanos imo. I much prefer the Sideshow Thanos Maquette.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:51 PM   #475
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Thanos on the throne Maquette? I'm looking now, seems amazing but also extremely pricey.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:50 AM   #476
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Just got my Hulk in. No need for another Hulk for me. Sharing a couple cellphone pictures.
Attachment 169321

Attachment 169322

Attachment 169323
That non-metal Hulk is one of the best Hulks I’ve seen. Congrats!
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 03:20 AM   #477
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
That non-metal Hulk is one of the best Hulks I?ve seen. Congrats!
Thank you.

I agree. I bought it because of the regular Hulk. Cosmic version is icing on the cake.
Yellowbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:28 AM   #478
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMW View Post
This is my first post on this forum, I am just getting into this statue thing. I started collecting some X plus vinyl figures last year related to Godzilla and Kong. And I stumbled on the Sideshow Frankenstein in February and immediately ordered it - Frankenstein has long been a favorite.

This Frankenstein caused me to keep the Sideshow site on my radar, and as a lifelong Hulk mega fan, I was pleased to see these Hulk statues teased on there shortly after. To me, this statue(specifically the classic version) perfectly captures the essence of the character. I have done a deep dive on many of the previous statues, and none seem to capture it so perfectly for me. I pre ordered the classic as soon as I got the e-mail notification from Sideshow. It is going to be a very long wait.

On a side note, I can see how this is an addicting hobby. I ordered the Sideshow Silver Surfer Maquette shortly after my pre order of the Hulk. I should receive it in a few weeks. Looking forward to more.

The classic HULK effect will infect, no doubt about it! The only cure for your present affliction(?), is to collect polystone to ease your tension,...........................but slowly/wisely.

I envy your position (clean slate), as what's being offered today is simply more evolved/refined than yesterday, in every way, so plan accordingly.

My advice is you plan/concoct a clear collecting vision, get a true feel for the market's present day transition/position, and then "try" and execute with surgical precision.

Good luck.

P.S. I'm already digging your initial picks, not sure where you will ultimately go with this(?), but gear-up for some expected future Sideshow releases.

- Classic Daredevil, Ironman, Apocalypse, Beast, Archangel, Magneto, Green Goblin, Doc Oc, ManBat, Thing, Torch, Blackbolt, Medusa, etc..............................................................................get the picture?

And yes, in time, I think Sideshow will deliver, & we'll get them all,...............even another Bullseye!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:30 PM   #479
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
The classic HULK effect will infect, no doubt about it! The only cure for your present affliction(?), is to collect polystone to ease your tension,...........................but slowly/wisely.

I envy your position (clean slate), as what's being offered today is simply more evolved/refined than yesterday, in every way, so plan accordingly.

My advice is you plan/concoct a clear collecting vision, get a true feel for the market's present day transition/position, and then "try" and execute with surgical precision.

Good luck.

P.S. I'm already digging your initial picks, not sure where you will ultimately go with this(?), but gear-up for some expected future Sideshow releases.

- Classic Daredevil, Ironman, Apocalypse, Beast, Archangel, Magneto, Green Goblin, Doc Oc, ManBat, Thing, Torch, Blackbolt, Medusa, etc..............................................................................get the picture?

And yes, in time, I think Sideshow will deliver, & we'll get them all,...............even another Bullseye!
Thanks man, glad you approve of the picks so far!

My plan is to be discerning in my acquisitions. I have no desire to have some massive collection, however there are a number of pieces I have seen related to favorite characters that I have interest in. The XM Thanos is one, Gladiator Hulk is another. I came very close to ordering GH today actually. The Thanos it looks as though I will have to find secondhand. Some statues look cool but if I don't have a big attachment to the character I'm out. To that end, of your upcoming sideshow list the only one I would entertain is the Thing, as I think it would be a great companion to the PF Hulk due to the characters long history together.

As I mentioned before, I started collecting a few pieces related to the Legendary Monsterverse, and I am hoping there are some epic pieces coming for the new Godzilla X Kong movie. I'd like to add several of their 30cm vinyl figures to my small collection, as well as some larger scale pieces from Prime 1 etc. Really hoping for a giant diorama for this film similar to the Godzilla Vs Kong one..................we shall see!
Old 04-02-2024, 09:48 AM   #480
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Not to hijack this too bad, but I received my Silver Surfer Maquette yesterday. This is my first statue, I had never even seen a ? scale statue in person before. To say I was floored by the scale and sheer awesomeness of this thing would be a massive understatement. I'm hooked. Hulk cannot come soon enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f91cb101-7d80-4054-9a73-8d010aaef827.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	169506