Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #1791
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What infuriate me is they are so lazy to update the last 2 releases with Lucky and Derby. They could had easily removed it off the art box or put a note that Fireball was cancelled. Waiting close to 4 years for these statues to finally be released is absurd. I'm glad Lucky was made as it was the one I really wanted the most. I'm usually a completist in a line but I passed over Katya and was undecided on Fireball (but no need since she isn't getting made now).

Lucky is my last statue from GG. I doubt I would ever buy or support this company again since they alienated the collectors with how these statues were released by their communication.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #1792
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Still waiting for my Lucky. Spec Fiction said they got them and was going to ship last week, but I have heard boo since then.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:16 AM   #1793
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Still waiting for my Lucky. Spec Fiction said they got them and was going to ship last week, but I have heard boo since then.
TJ told me he was picking them up this weekend, so they should be going out this next week...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:33 AM   #1794
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
TJ told me he was picking them up this weekend, so they should be going out this next week...
Another week and still no notice. They either have them or they don't. This is silly.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:55 AM   #1795
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Another week and still no notice. They either have them or they don't. This is silly.
I shipped all remaining pieces today Jedi. Let me know your Name I'll give you tracking
Old 10-22-2016, 05:10 AM   #1796
ukshaun
Hercules

Just ordered Katya
Been putting this off for some time. It helped that GG had dropped the price, not to mention i had $69 worth of discount points to use

GG appear to have dropped the price of both Whisper and Derby. I already own Derby (paid the full price) who rates as my most impressive 1/4 statue.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:58 PM   #1797
built2shred
Phoenix

Just got Lucky from Spec Fiction... Overall great statue, although it did arrive with the shoulder part of her shirt broken off, but it was a easy fix with a drop of glue, you can't even tell... But I'm not sure about GG statues, they are so delicate.... 3 of the 4 Honey Trap statues I got arrived with something broken on them... I got lucky with GG Black Widow and Artemisia as they both arrived flawless...

I think GG needs better packaging design...
Old 10-23-2016, 01:35 AM   #1798
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well guys this line is now the very definition of a flop. They are in the sale section with a massive price drop and you can use an additional coupon. I would be sick if I paid full price. Thankfully I didn't. But now the price is where it should be.

If anyone wants Whisper or some of the others, I guess Lucky is not on sale because she just came out, now is your chance.

Whisper Original Price $669 - Sale Price $401.40

Katya Original Price $599 - Sale Price $359.40

Derby Original Price $599 - Sale Price $359.40

Plus there are codes for an additional $80 off over $400 for Whisper and $55 off over $300 for the other two girls.

Disaster. And it's not even Black Friday...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:59 AM   #1799
built2shred
Phoenix

Here's a few pictures of my setup.... As for the prices, those Sale Prices are pretty much what I paid Spec Fiction for the statues back when I pre-ordered them long ago.... I think the only people who paid full price where those who ordered directly from Gentle Giant... That said I do think GG dropped the ball on this line, but given all the small edition sizes they seem to put out on all their statues I'm not sure if they will be in the 1:4 statue business much longer... I have a feeling their bread and butter are the busts and the oversized action figures.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:13 AM   #1800
kermitt3
The Spirit

...it's a pity, really, 'cos they're beautiful :-(
kermitt3 is offline   Reply With Quote