Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #401
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

So, I noticed Elektra is up for preorder fairly soon as well.....havent seen a ton of updates.....ya got anything?
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #402
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Bryan,

Any update on the top cow license as far as an idea for when the PO's will be going up? So freakin excited!!!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #403
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Welcome back Bryan
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #404
wanderlai
The Tick

XM....bringing friends together since 2014
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #405
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence I usually try to reply quite regularly but have been away in London and Paris last 10 days or so on a backpack no mobile phones, no internet cleansing journey. I am doing a break because as some of you may know, I've kinda quit my day job and will be helping XM more - (2 days out of 5 per week not full time though). I have to say it was the toughest 10 days ever (have any of you tried 3 days without a phone??)

Anyways, let me try to share as much as I can on this whole distribution in approved countries thingee. I have to be careful of how I word things because I'm probably being monitored (like having red dots of light on my forehead! )
  1. XM Studios has always stated from day one our selling and shipping restrictions. We wish it would change but it is unlikely to.
  2. This restriction applies to our official distributors as well - otherwise it wouldn't be much of a restriction really.
  3. Naturally, XM cannot encourage nor support such activities. Furthermore, the onus and accountability is on XM to prove we respect and play by the rules. If called upon, we may even need to conduct investigations down to every single invoice from all our distributors to provide a report how did a piece get sold out of the zones. (Hence freight forwarding as some have suggested, wouldn't work) Erm... Actually I'm not even supposed to comment on that. Please refrain from asking me if creative method XYZ works or if I know any unofficial individuals who can sell you stuff... It's not that I'm being rude or unsupportive but you know...
  4. XM focuses on producing, designing and QC which is what we really set out to do - and frankly prefer to spend our time on. Make cool stuff, explore undiscovered talents, improve our crafts, hell, let's make this hobby exciting again. Legal stuff, Distribution, Flipping business, Middlemen aren't really things we have lots of time for and we try to avoid when we can as if they are stinky tofu. The boys take turns to fly to the factories every week. We check, inspect and throw stuff away that doesn't make the mark. We post stuff on Facebook to collect sentiments and opinions so we can improve our craft. So yeah, it was challenging to control and supervise distributors as well.
  5. After overseas selling activities were brought to our attention, understandably we were reminded by our licensor that we have to be strict and vigilant with our distributors.
  6. XM had to remind all official distributors to respect the distribution restrictions or we will be duty bound to terminate supplying them anymore products.
  7. So yeah, it is true. Our official Distributors have to play by the rules too - if they have taken orders which they are not supposed to, they will have to resolve by transferring, refunding, cancelling etc depending on their policies but kindly understand why they have to do so.
  8. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by any distributors, please get in touch with me and let me know. I will do my best to help within my capacity.

For those who may have missed out on why our products are pricier in EU, that because the costs (Tax and license) are also higher to clear in EU.

I'll be hanging around for awhile to help answer any questions - its about 3 am here but I have my coffee. (Or you can drop me a note at bryan@xm-studios.com) I'm quite swarmed with emails so please don't be upset if I take a lil while to respond.
Glad to have you back my friend you were missed.... You should never leave again
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:14 PM   #406
jpuli28

Thanks B, Are you at liberty to say how all this came to sudden fruition?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:24 AM   #407
khrisc
The X-Men

can we have any information about the DC license?
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #408
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

why we haven't seen any of your Star Wars yet ??

When can we expect to see something ? at least a concept art ?
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #409
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence I usually try to reply quite regularly but have been away in London and Paris last 10 days or so on a backpack no mobile phones, no internet cleansing journey. I am doing a break because as some of you may know, I've kinda quit my day job and will be helping XM more - (2 days out of 5 per week not full time though). I have to say it was the toughest 10 days ever (have any of you tried 3 days without a phone??)

Anyways, let me try to share as much as I can on this whole distribution in approved countries thingee. I have to be careful of how I word things because I'm probably being monitored (like having red dots of light on my forehead! )
  1. XM Studios has always stated from day one our selling and shipping restrictions. We wish it would change but it is unlikely to.
  2. This restriction applies to our official distributors as well - otherwise it wouldn't be much of a restriction really.
  3. Naturally, XM cannot encourage nor support such activities. Furthermore, the onus and accountability is on XM to prove we respect and play by the rules. If called upon, we may even need to conduct investigations down to every single invoice from all our distributors to provide a report how did a piece get sold out of the zones. (Hence freight forwarding as some have suggested, wouldn't work) Erm... Actually I'm not even supposed to comment on that. Please refrain from asking me if creative method XYZ works or if I know any unofficial individuals who can sell you stuff... It's not that I'm being rude or unsupportive but you know...
  4. XM focuses on producing, designing and QC which is what we really set out to do - and frankly prefer to spend our time on. Make cool stuff, explore undiscovered talents, improve our crafts, hell, let's make this hobby exciting again. Legal stuff, Distribution, Flipping business, Middlemen aren't really things we have lots of time for and we try to avoid when we can as if they are stinky tofu. The boys take turns to fly to the factories every week. We check, inspect and throw stuff away that doesn't make the mark. We post stuff on Facebook to collect sentiments and opinions so we can improve our craft. So yeah, it was challenging to control and supervise distributors as well.
  5. After overseas selling activities were brought to our attention, understandably we were reminded by our licensor that we have to be strict and vigilant with our distributors.
  6. XM had to remind all official distributors to respect the distribution restrictions or we will be duty bound to terminate supplying them anymore products.
  7. So yeah, it is true. Our official Distributors have to play by the rules too - if they have taken orders which they are not supposed to, they will have to resolve by transferring, refunding, cancelling etc depending on their policies but kindly understand why they have to do so.
  8. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by any distributors, please get in touch with me and let me know. I will do my best to help within my capacity.

For those who may have missed out on why our products are pricier in EU, that because the costs (Tax and license) are also higher to clear in EU.

I'll be hanging around for awhile to help answer any questions - its about 3 am here but I have my coffee. (Or you can drop me a note at bryan@xm-studios.com) I'm quite swarmed with emails so please don't be upset if I take a lil while to respond.
This part of the business is every bit as important as the artistic part of the business. If you want a long term successful business IMO it needs just as much attention.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #410
mickey
The Avengers

What software do XM Studios use? Zbrush? Mudbox?
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote