Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #1101
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

What ? There is no adamantium claws bent arms. Can you copy/paste what pictures you are thinking about here ?

And it is not listed. Only 3 arms : claws in front on the characters, adamantium and katana behind.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #1102
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

The straight arms bottom are the katana ones.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #1103
SONICobra
Batman

ill be honest, that kind of pisses me off

i was planning on displaying both bent arms or one bent one straight with adamantium claws. i already have two wolverine statues with arm straight out poses - i wanted something different. the bone claws MAKE NO SENSE with this costume so i dont see why they are eliminating the arms that could create multiple display options for something that A. doesnt make sense and B. no one really wants

not only that but there was ZERO mention of them not being included AND they had them on display at the last convention

big huge WTF to be honest, i think i might just pass on this altogether
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #1104
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah if you look at the original renders, it's the way that the PO shows it. Adamantium claws on the straight arms, bone on the bent. But the problem is at the shows they had amantium claws on both arms, and said nothing about the bone. So people were left to wonder whether they had been scrapped, if there would be even more switchout options, or whatever. But that would be the problem....nothing was communicated. So now all of the sudden the bone claws show up again on the PO version yet for months and months they were showing a statue that had adamantium claws with those arms.

If these companies are going to show people statues literally for years before we have them in our hands, then the communication really needs to be better. Either share information during the creation process, or don't. I personally would be fine with either. But if we're going to see progress or whatever at shows for years, then it would be nice if questions were answered when asked.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:30 PM   #1105
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Pictures from Me

"Finally i can post my own pictures from the XM Brown Wolverine 1/4 statue at the STGCC 2018. Have fun to watch."

i get not wanting to include four sets of swith out arms but lose the bone claws. at least with two sets of adamantium claws you can mix and match to create different looks
Old 02-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #1106
SONICobra
Batman

the dual bent arm pose was so cool, always made me think of this - oh hey look - NO BONE CLAWS

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xmen2.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	120957  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #1107
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Yeah it is what I said : doesn't longer exist as options.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:11 PM   #1108
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I just don't understand why they even bother revealing this stuff as far ahead of time as they do if changes aren't going to be made based on feedback, or even mentioning them at all so far ahead of time.

The first post in this thread is 2015. TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN. And the concept art shown in 2016 is essentially the exact same thing that was put up for PO.

There is just way, way too much time in this hobby between when we are told about something and when it ships. It's just not conducive keeping people excited.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:11 PM   #1109
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The bone claws should be scrapped. Give customers two sets of Adamantium claws and the katana arms. The bone claws came well after this outfit was retired so they’re unnecessary.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:19 PM   #1110
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Who is really going to display Wolverine with bone claws? Especially with the great looking chrome ones (IMO).
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote