Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #1301
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Totally agree for the cost they should be metal like other pieces they add metal too. They are durable but will feel like resin
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #1302
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Totally agree for the cost they should be metal like other pieces they add metal too. They are durable but will feel like resin
Agreed, they definitely should be metal. I don't understand that decision...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #1303
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
but you’d only really know when you’re touching them and let’s be honest, how often is that?
Seen in this way, we can buy expensive plastic-statues. As long as you don't touch them ....

Quote:
Totally agree for the cost they should be metal like other pieces they add metal too.
I'm in your corner.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #1304
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I do t get it even sideshow with their Wolverine PF ( edition size in thousands ) did metal and to be honest imo they turned out to be the best claws I’ve seen made . So XM allows competition to outdo them here yet cost we all know will be higher . What exactly are we justifying higher costs for if the claws are chrome paint plastic ?

I think XM has done amazing in the past with metal weapons and I’m sure Wolverines swords will be metal as well which makes this move even more baffling . I was on the fence about buying this , XM made choice easy for me .

Pass for cutting corners XM!
Old 02-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #1305
XMAN
Ultron

Yeah I admit I was expecting metal also I hope these new claws does not cheapen the brand.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:14 PM   #1306
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The brand is not getting cheapened . Relax it was one decision and XM still make best pieces out there hands down
Old 02-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #1307
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
The brand is not getting cheapened . Relax it was one decision and XM still make best pieces out there hands down
Who you tellin to relax bub? You just passed based on more or less the same principle.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:24 PM   #1308
Ninjahifi
Doh!

It sucks about the claws. I do recall seeing a few people with broken claws on their Weapon X. Maybe they thought it would be better to use a poly-resin instead of metal to avoid breaks? Then again the claws themselves were never broken they just seem to break off at their connection point.

Anyway, looks like this will be in hand very soon. Bmutha already has it in hand for a review based on photos from his instagram account.
Ninjahifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #1309
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Who you tellin to relax bub? You just passed based on more or less the same principle.
Lol you know what I mean . I don’t understand the choice it may have been last second to make claws removable so casting them out of metal individually may have delayed this way longer so they opted to go resin . Just a thought . They def didn’t cheap out because the new Iron Spiderman has fully posable metal arms which is just nuts to me but amazing
Old 02-04-2020, 08:36 PM   #1310
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
I hear what you’re saying believe meI’m relaxed I’ve been relaxed been waiting for this piece for a long time and I must say I’m very happy with what I have seen so far but from past experience I Know that I don’t know how I’m going to feel about these claws until they are actually in my hands. I just hope I like them as much as the metal or even more. ......either way it’s a beautiful piece.....can’t wait to display it
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote