Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-10-2016, 07:31 AM   #201
gomur
The Tick

Bone claws don't really make sense with this costume but.... nice.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #202
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Bone claws don't really make sense with this costume but.... nice.
Agreed. I honestly wouldn't display him with the bone claws, unmasked, or with the twin samurai swords. I'd display him with his metal claws and masked portrait. It'll be nice to see this printed and painted up. I wonder what sculptor they have working on this.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:45 AM   #203
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Here's the preview
that is a nice concept to be sure, but right now they need to push the pose a little bit more as he looks like he is jumping up not at the target of his rage

Yeah this would take some support under the knee, but it would be one of the most amazing Wolverine statues ever made.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #204
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Right now the concept has Wolvie attacking down. If XM could just make a minor tweak and have Wolvie attacking forward ...like as if the person he's attacking is in front of him rather than below him ...then that'll give him a more unique pose. His face would also be facing forward and allow us to see his face when displayed.

Right now I like how his arms are on both sides ...and I like the switch out arms. XM should definitely keep them ...but just slightly tweaked for a forward attack.

Overall a great concept. I just want him to be attacking forward instead of down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
that is a nice concept to be sure, but right now they need to push the pose a little bit more as he looks like he is jumping up not at the target of his rage

Yeah this would take some support under the knee, but it would be one of the most amazing Wolverine statues ever made.
Exactly Spidey! Exactly!

That's what I described in my earlier post.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #205
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post

I agree 100%
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #206
actionjackson83
Midnighter

He's on a rooftop if he leaps straight forward there should be nobody in front of him.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:14 PM   #207
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
I gotta say thought the switchout bone claws is awesome not to mention the duel wield samurai swords. XM knows what us collectors want
Choices and options. If some don't like the bone claws???So what...you can display regular....if you want to see something a little different than the usual adamantium claws, no problem switch up to the bone claws.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #208
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Right now the concept has Wolvie attacking down. If XM could just make a minor tweak and have Wolvie attacking forward ...like as if the person he's attacking is in front of him rather than below him ...then that'll give him a more unique pose. His face would also be facing forward and allow us to see his face when displayed.

Right now I like how his arms are on both sides ...and I like the switch out arms. XM should definitely keep them ...but just slightly tweaked for a forward attack.

Overall a great concept. I just want him to be attacking forward instead of down.
Will see what happens with the sculpt in its finished form...but a lunging attack forward doesn't make sense with the base they are going with. Also, engineering issues would seriously arise. Unless you are going to put something underneath his leg to give him additional support, no way a leaping forward attack is really feasible...it would probably cause stress on the resin / cold cast material of Wolverine since.

That's my thinking at least.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #209
AC_808
Hercules

Edit
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #210
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Like it the way it is.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote