Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-27-2005, 07:04 PM   #31
lockford88
The Riddler

good job dean......everyone here should be more care careful with what they say....rock on dead for doing a good service..as i stated earlier!
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #32
bustRgood
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Red face

Well then I apologize,

I'll stand up be a man and say, my bad.

I rarely ever hear of a retailer that would sell anything, especially in bulk without making at least a 20% profit.

My thinking at the time after
1.I was just about to order from FP.com a few hours after they just came on for sale, I decided not to order since I seen someone post SWshop.com would have them.

2.Next day I jump on the board and see SWshop.com just got them in and before the thread was even on page 2 I hit the link to buy, and they were already sold out!!!

3.So I go back to FP.com to buy it there then, and then they are sold out also!!

I'm like damn, what is there like 2,500 of these? Singapore is getting 1500, FP getting 500, SWshop getting 500 (all my quesstimates from reading other post). I know SWshop sells out fast but they at least got limits, FP does not and I bet someone just bought out trying to payout .

Checking Ebay and seeing Dean being the first in line and having two lots of 50 of them, I did care about profit making but I was more mad at the thought of someone maybe hoarding to make a name or profit. So my first post was in anger at the moment. Being a bust lover (not just on woman ) I guess I'm starting to get frustrated with all these dang exclusives with this you have to be here or there at a certain time to get them BS .

so again, Dean, my bad.
bustRgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 PM   #33
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Thank you very much for clarifying everything Dean!

Now join up so you can yap with everybody.

JS
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:50 PM   #34
wizard-comics
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: New Caprica City, New Caprica ("accidentally" left behind)
I really don't know what the big deal is....this is capitalism at it's finest, supply and demand.....ya can't cry about paying extra for a piece that you know is going to double, triple, etc, etc....collecting these items you know what your getting yourself into..and if people are going to pay the price, by all means he should sell them for it....if they don't, the price will come down
wizard-comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #35
Guts
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAuctionService
The above post was what I was going by.
If he is a retailer, then he gets them at wholesale.

Next observation - I wonder how many people truly want this bust because
they love it, and how many want it more (or just because) it is gone now.
The old "want what you can't have" thing. I've been guilty of that for sure.

JS
I know over at Rebelscum, there were people who decided to pass on yet another repaint...then once they saw how quickly these sold out, they were looking for one of Dean's auctions. I say you might as well preorder if you think you want something...you can always cancel later if you change your mind (and SWS doesn't charge cancellation...I mean, "restocking" fees).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-comics
I really don't know what the big deal is....this is capitalism at it's finest, supply and demand.....ya can't cry about paying extra for a piece that you know is going to double, triple, etc, etc....collecting these items you know what your getting yourself into..and if people are going to pay the price, by all means he should sell them for it....if they don't, the price will come down
Well, the thing is this guy wasn't selling these at an exorbitantly high price in the first place. It's high once you convert the GBP to $$$, but that's not his fault. He can't help it if the pound is much stronger than the dollar.

And he is a legitimate retailer, so it isn't like he's hoarding tons of these things.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote