Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 10-18-2023, 05:18 AM   #21
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Update...Lapel Silhouetto Shadowing, Define Bullet Holes

The coloring phase of Punisher himself is complete. I think the next coloring phase is going to be the column and the stairs. Not sure when he'll start the color of Daredevil, but I can't wait until my guy gets in the coloring phase of DD.

A side by side to show the depth and detail that has been brought out from the coloring phase. Coloring life into this project with every stoke of the coloring pencils.

Then & Now...
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:21 PM   #22
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Update...Fisk Portrait Remake

I think me and the artist have settled on a portrait that's befitting of the Kingpin. I had always said in the beginning that I was on the lookout for a realistic face for him. Now that I'll be getting the Unboxing Bros. custom Kingpin, that's going to be the face, and statue that brings this whole piece together.

In my opinion I think the new face looks so much more realistic than the previous portrait. I also like the fact that I can see his eyes, never was too hyped on the beady eyed Kingpin look. Now we'll get a chance to really see those baby blues... One thing I do know about my guy (the artist) is if it looks this good, not yet colored. When he's done coloring the Kingpin, it will look better than I could ever imagined.

Don't know where the coloring phase will be picked back up but I'll be back with another update, so stay tuned.

As usual all comment, critiques are more than welcome.

Then & Now...
Old 10-31-2023, 01:59 PM   #23
IronLungs31

Update: Stairs done Punisher fully complete & Daredevil up next...

The latest update the stairs are done now and the Punisher is fully complete. Also, looks like he added more depth to the lapels of Kingpin. I was told that Daredevil was up next on the progression. I've been eagerly waiting on him to start the Daredevil phase of this piece. I have a feeling that this next phase is going to be epic due to all the intricate coloring that's going to take place to pull it off. My guy has never let me down yet. Stay tuned for what has the potential to be his best work done to date on this project.

Up Next...
Old 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM   #24
IronLungs31

Update: Daredevil Under Development

The foundation for the development of "The Man Without Fear" are be laid out. As I have said before this is going to be an intriguing phase of this project.

Old 11-04-2023, 01:35 PM   #25
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Looks absolutely terrific so far!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 06:21 PM   #26
IronLungs31

Update...Daredevil

A slight update for Daredevil.

Old 11-14-2023, 06:22 PM   #27
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Looks absolutely terrific so far!
Thanks it's coming along slowly.
Old 11-15-2023, 05:31 AM   #28
IronLungs31

Update...

I really don't know how to feel about this latest update with the scaling look of what could be perceived as Kingpin's shoulders. Is it me or do they look out of scale? I have already brought this to the artist attention, told him my wishes and what I have envisioned the Kingpin's bust to look like on this project.

I'm really curious to hear or read others opinion on this update.

If you folks would be so kind enough to do so, thanks.

Old 11-15-2023, 09:46 AM   #29
jeremydmc
Black Panther

His shoulders do look very broad for a normal human being...but in the comics he is often drawn with super wide shoulders.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 07:54 PM   #30
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
His shoulders do look very broad for a normal human being...but in the comics he is often drawn with super wide shoulders.
You are correct but I still think that something just looks off about his shoulders. I'm hope that the artist can fix these issue at this point of the project. I would hate to put an end to this whole piece, but I'll try and have fate in the outcome.