Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-22-2017, 02:15 AM   #211
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I don't think it is that 01 is expected to sell better. I 100% think it is just Prime 1 biting way more than they can chew. I can imagine most of their stuff is going to be sitting in warehouses long after preorders have shipped.
Wrong! Eva01 is the most popular one Prime1 even told me that creator told them Eva02 will sell much less even Eva00 even worse. Not sure why this assumption about stock did you ever went they warehouse?
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:51 AM   #212
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Wrong! Eva01 is the most popular one Prime1 even told me that creator told them Eva02 will sell much less even Eva00 even worse. Not sure why this assumption about stock did you ever went they warehouse?
That was my assumption, even more so because the high cost of these things forces even the most hardcore completists to be selective; I think it's reasonable to believe the majority see 01 as the most iconic EVA and will go with that if they can only reasonably budget for one piece from this line.

What surprised me is just how much more 01's they are making vs. 02's; my guess is that it is a mix of the aforementioned dynamic plus perhaps an initial overestimation of the demand for a really high-end statue of 01. I also collect robot figures, and $1200 is in general quite a bit north of what those collectors say typically pay for high-end pieces, which aren't nearly as large as this statue but often have diecast metal content. I bet you're seeing lower crossover appeal from that segment for these pieces partly for those reasons.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #213
BurningRage
Inhumans

Evangelion doesn't appeal to the hype collectors that have no knowledge of the characters they buy. It doesn't blend in with their DC and Marvel comic statues. Guts is the only anime statue on pre-order at Sideshow that the ex sold out.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #214
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I really, really want to get at least Eva-01 for this line. But man I can't afford to collect entire lines. Berserk, maybe, but with Gurren Lagann, Macross, FMA, Studio Ghibli, Guyver, Fist of the Northstar coming up there's just so much it's overwhelming!

Great times for Anime fans not so great for the wallet. With that said, I will drop all other lines if need be if Prime 1 announces licences for HxH and Boku no Hero Academia.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #215
SONICobra
Batman

I almost feel like if you get 01 and 02 you have to get 00 and I have no interest in 00. 01 will look great as just a stand alone piece though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #216
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I almost feel like if you get 01 and 02 you have to get 00 and I have no interest in 00. 01 will look great as just a stand alone piece though
Yeah, you can't have just the 2 Evas and not collect the 00. That would be like getting Leo, Michaelangelo, and Donatello, and skipping Rafael.

At around $1200 a pop, it's a significant amount of change to commit to this line, especially when there are so many cool pieces out there. But if you have the money, the 3 Evas will look awesome together. I wonder if P1 ever mentioned about doing some of the Angels?
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:50 AM   #217
SONICobra
Batman

I think it would be awesome if they did sachiel... as long as it wasn't $1200. I always wanted to pick up this model kit but cant remember why I didn't, don't know if it was because I heard bad things about the rubber suit or just didn't have the money or what. but its just one of those things ive wanted ever since watching the first series

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #218
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

For me it's a straight cost issue. I want 01 bad.But I already have 4 other pieces on order and interest in several more. But before I order anything else I'm waiting for sdcc reveals. After that I'll make a move.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #219
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Gonna be $3600 for all three.
I guess I'll be $3600 lighter after all three released. Hope they also release Mari's unit as well.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #220
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I think it would be awesome if they did sachiel... as long as it wasn't $1200. I always wanted to pick up this model kit but cant remember why I didn't, don't know if it was because I heard bad things about the rubber suit or just didn't have the money or what. but its just one of those things ive wanted ever since watching the first series

Oh god!!! I still have this Sachiel maquette!!!
Would love to see it done by Prime1

Remember also the first time I saw Evangelion, when Eva-01 and Sachiel fight
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote