Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-23-2023, 03:46 PM   #121
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

INART figures, especially their headsculpts, are much better than many expensive 1:3 scale statues, IMO.

I concur that they have a much smaller presence but they are not any less impressive in comparison, and take up much less space, not to mention less expensive.

Why would I or anyone insist on collecting statues at this point?
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 04:30 PM   #122
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I must admit, Between Hot toys vs Inart Proto, Inart spanked Hot toys.
But with the production videos, Hot toys definitely stepped up and the final product is freaking impressive.
I'm second guessing myself now as I went with Inart. There's things I like about Hot toys, and there's things I like on Inart.
Huge focal point though is the cowl and shoulder pads, which favors Hot toys. I like how they're both shiny, and looks more accurate.
Inart looks more heavily textured and matted.

Now I'm not so sure if I picked the right one.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 04:47 PM   #123
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
INART figures, especially their headsculpts, are much better than many expensive 1:3 scale statues, IMO.

I concur that they have a much smaller presence but they are not any less impressive in comparison, and take up much less space, not to mention less expensive.

As you already mentioned presence. The physical presence of any larger statue absolutely crushes a 1/6 figure.

Why else would anyone collect movie based statues. I?ve been collecting for the past 10 years, and outside the past 3 years, more often than not Hot Toys have produced better head sculpts than many of the licensed statue companies.

Since I started collecting I haven?t stopped collecting 1/6 scale figures, as they produce a far broader range of characters.

And another benefit of figures, is that there are far less QC issues, than the ones that can plague statues.

But one of the biggest downsides of figures, is getting them posed long term in any natural looking pose. Very often, because of how the figure articulates, the pose can look very unnatural, and plus the added downside that simply leaving the arm or leg bent not very significantly, can cause physical damage to the outfits.

Which is why in my over a hundred 1/6 scale figures, nearly every single one is in a very simple straight up and down museum pose.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 05:19 PM   #124
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As you already mentioned presence. The physical presence of any larger statue absolutely crushes a 1/6 figure.

Why else would anyone collect movie based statues. I?ve been collecting for the past 10 years, and outside the past 3 years, more often than not Hot Toys have produced better head sculpts than many of the licensed statue companies.

Since I started collecting I haven?t stopped collecting 1/6 scale figures, as they produce a far broader range of characters.

And another benefit of figures, is that there are far less QC issues, than the ones that can plague statues.

But one of the biggest downsides of figures, is getting them posed long term in any natural looking pose. Very often, because of how the figure articulates, the pose can look very unnatural, and plus the added downside that simply leaving the arm or leg bent not very significantly, can cause physical damage to the outfits.

Which is why in my over a hundred 1/6 scale figures, nearly every single one is in a very simple straight up and down museum pose.
I agree completely.
When I first got into the hobby, I collected all scales, but there was a time where I heavily favored 1/6 over the premium formats.
So I sold all my statues and collected strictly 1/6.

But when Prime 1, XM, Sideshow started popping up in my comic book store, it started to get hard committing to the 1/6 only collection.

Once I saw the P1 Batman Hush, that kinda did it for me, and when I saw a great deal and bought one, in my mind, it was gonna be just a one off.
But for the first time, my 1/6 started to look like toys.

I almost contemplated selling all my 1/6 to transition to statues.
I'm glad I didnt though. I sold half to fund more statues.

The 1/6 will always have a personal place in my heart.
But when friends and family come over, and look at the collection, you can see on their face they're in awe with the statues.
Definitely the presence is main reason over the 1/6.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 06:07 PM   #125
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
I agree completely.
When I first got into the hobby, I collected all scales, but there was a time where I heavily favored 1/6 over the premium formats.
So I sold all my statues and collected strictly 1/6.

But when Prime 1, XM, Sideshow started popping up in my comic book store, it started to get hard committing to the 1/6 only collection.

Once I saw the P1 Batman Hush, that kinda did it for me, and when I saw a great deal and bought one, in my mind, it was gonna be just a one off.
But for the first time, my 1/6 started to look like toys.

I almost contemplated selling all my 1/6 to transition to statues.
I'm glad I didnt though. I sold half to fund more statues.

The 1/6 will always have a personal place in my heart.
But when friends and family come over, and look at the collection, you can see on their face they're in awe with the statues.
Definitely the presence is main reason over the 1/6.
I agree. With the sometimes unnatural looks, and the familiar sized scale as action figures and barbie dolls, they definitely do lend themselves to be compared to the toys we or our children may have played with during our childhood.

My statues and busts get pride of place in my display, whereas my 1/6 scales have a tendency of being regulated elsewhere.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 11:02 PM   #126
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Its all personal preference of course but I used to mainly collect hot toys figures years ago but I found them incredibly underwhelming. Unboxing them I never felt a sense of ?wow? then youd spend 30+ minutes messing with their clothes and trying to lock down a pose that looked natural only to land on a very static museum pose every time. Just not for me. These are super cool and with the right display im sure any collection could be impressive but wouldnt have the same wow factor that i get with statues
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 12:46 PM   #127
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Its all personal preference of course but I used to mainly collect hot toys figures years ago but I found them incredibly underwhelming. Unboxing them I never felt a sense of ?wow? then youd spend 30+ minutes messing with their clothes and trying to lock down a pose that looked natural only to land on a very static museum pose every time. Just not for me. These are super cool and with the right display im sure any collection could be impressive but wouldnt have the same wow factor that i get with statues

Museum pose has always been my preference for both figures and statues. Also, I would avoid stretching and creasing the costume by posing the figures. So, lack of dynamic poses is never an issue for me.

A much larger presence is really the only benefit and the biggest attraction for collecting statues in my case. Fortunately it is not the most critical consideration in my book.

I suppose the current price point of statues helps me make my decision much easier than it would otherwise be.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 05:31 PM   #128
SONICobra
Batman

I prefer museum poses as well but unless both arms and legs are down straight something looks off, which can be boring when every character is in the exact same pose. I have the 1/4 scale hot toys boba fett which I still think is the best representation of the character in that scale and posing was a chore. Im happy with what I ended up with but even very basic poses looked off or would expose joints unless both arms and legs were not bent at all

Again this figure and many others are very impressive but theyre no substitute for statues if thats what youre into. It’s like comparing apples to celery, just too different. If I was primarily collecting movie properties I would consider going the figure route though - not many companies do a good job with movie statues and the ones that do are expensive and usually 1/3 scale. Despite the posing challenges a properly displayed 1/6 figure collection can be very impressive
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote