Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-02-2022, 01:28 PM   #321
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Having spent some more time looking at JND's work, i think they have performed wonders!

I dug out an old photo of my Hot Toys - Wonder Woman
The likeness seems to have gone having looked at the JND piece.

LOADING: Image(s)
I've never really been happy with some of the head sculpts of Hot Toys Gal Gadot Wonder Woman figures.

The one Hot Toys head sculpt that I do like is the WW84 Golden Armor one; however, I wish it had sculpted hair but I understand the rooted hair so that we can take off and put on the helmet.

For Hot Toys figures I prefer their sculpted hair to their rooted hair.

The Hot Toys WW84 in regular costume figure has been delayed. I hope Hot Toys works on the head sculpt. I like the sculpted hair on that one better than the rooted hair on the Golden Armor one but I like the head sculpt better on the Golder Armor one than the head sculpt on the WW84 regular costume figure.
comicart.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #322
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicart.man View Post
I've never really been happy with some of the head sculpts of Hot Toys Gal Gadot Wonder Woman figures.

The one Hot Toys head sculpt that I do like is the WW84 Golden Armor one; however, I wish it had sculpted hair but I understand the rooted hair so that we can take off and put on the helmet.

For Hot Toys figures I prefer their sculpted hair to their rooted hair.

The Hot Toys WW84 in regular costume has been delayed. I hope Hot Toys works on the head sculpt. I like the sculpted hair on that one better than the rooted hair on the Golden Armor one but I like the head sculpt better on the Golder Armor one than the head sculpt on the WW84 regular costume figure.
Understatement
That figure should have shipped Jan - March 2022
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:34 PM   #323
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Understatement
That figure should have shipped Jan - March 2022
LOL.

I am hoping that the Hot Toys WW84 Regular Costume figure has a head sculpt better than any of the previous Hot Toys Gal Gadot WW figures! Even though I like the Hot Toys WW84 Golden Armor head sculpt I have been spoiled by JND.

I can't wait to see if and what INART and JND can do in 1:6 with Gal Gadot head sculpts.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:06 PM   #324
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicart.man View Post
I can't verify that the heights online are correct. In addition, there is sometimes more than one height posted online for people.

With that out of the way, below are some heights I found online.

Henry Cavill: 6 feet 1 inch

Ben Affleck: 6 feet 4 inches

Gal Gadot: 5 feet 10 inches

I think Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman wears higher heels than the footwear Ben Affleck's and Henry Cavill's characters wear. That probably makes up some of the height difference between them.

In 1:3 scale then Gal Gadot should be 23.3 inches if she is barefoot.

I don't know what JND uses for reference for height for their statues. I would hope and guess the real height of the actor and actress unless they were supposed to be shorter or bigger than real life for characters like the Hobbits in LOTR or Thanos where techniques were used to alter the appearance of their real heights.

I can measure my JND WW84 statue from the bottom of where her foot should be up to the top of her head.
Since the JND WW84 statue has her feet apart and her head leaning forward, I measured each leg from where her heel should be (excluding the heels of her boots) to the base of her pelvis (both of these measurements were the same), measured from the base of the pelvis to the base of the neck, and then measured from the base of neck to top of the head.

With these measurements, I would estimate if she were standing straight with her legs together and not leaning forward to be approximately 23.25 to 23.33 inches.

That is an approximation because I kept the tape measure a bit away from the statue because I didn't want to scratch the statue or mess up the hair.

I don't have any other JND statues to measure.

When I get the JND Mera (Amber Heard) statue I can measure it. According to the web she is 5 feet 7 inches tall. When I saw her in person that seems to be the correct height for her but I only saw her for a short period of time for her signing in San Antonio, TX, in 2019, and obviously I didn't get to measure her height.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:43 PM   #325
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Over at Spec, since I looked yesterday I believe the numbers remaining have dropped by more than half (their full pay option has gone from about 18 down to 9, and the deposit option has gone from a similar number, but down to 4); whereas over at Sugo, they've barely moved (from 9 pieces available, down to 7).

I wonder how the other retailers are going?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:21 PM   #326
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Over at Spec, since I looked yesterday I believe the numbers remaining have dropped by more than half (their full pay option has gone from about 18 down to 9, and the deposit option has gone from a similar number, but down to 4); whereas over at Sugo, they've barely moved (from 9 pieces available, down to 7).

I wonder how the other retailers are going?
It will sell out eventually, but price is high and a bit of negativity swirling around about the portrait.

If it was priced like WW84, I would have jumped even though it?s not perfect.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:26 PM   #327
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but it was the colors of this statue that were bugging me. Everything other than the costume was just...off...

I spent some time in photoshop, and I made her:
  • Irises darker
  • Skin warmer
  • Lips less vibrant
  • Nose-mouth ridge deeper
  • Eyeshadow brighter
  • Eyes slightly lower
  • Mouth slightly smaller

Great fixes! All make this even better!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:28 PM   #328
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but it was the colors of this statue that were bugging me. Everything other than the costume was just...off...

I spent some time in photoshop, and I made her:
  • Irises darker
  • Skin warmer
  • Lips less vibrant
  • Nose-mouth ridge deeper
  • Eyeshadow brighter
  • Eyes slightly lower
  • Mouth slightly smaller

If anything, JND should just make the lips less vibrant, the nose-mouth ridge deeper, and the mouth slightly smaller. That would help a lot.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 11:04 PM   #329
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I don't get the portrait complaints with this one.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 12:07 AM   #330
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
I don't get the portrait complaints with this one.
I like the portrait a lot.

I did a comparison of a Gal Gadot side profile with a side profile of the statue profile. It looks good to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SideProfiles.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	154188