Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #21
built2shred
Phoenix

Captain Marvel was helped by clever marketing by Disney, they placed the movie between Infinity War and Endgame and had a scene at the end of Infinity War with her symbol in the pager, I think most people thought they needed to see it in order to continue the story arch of Infinity War when in actuality it was a standalone movie... Plus people were all hyped after Infinity War so you could have put the Hulk movie next and it would have done great money wise...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:49 PM   #22
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I wonder how well Black Widow will do?
I am so looking forward to it. It looks way better than Wonder Woman 1984
That is really tough to say given, well, everything right now.

I expect it not to do as well, as I figure every movie will struggle for a while.

I think they both look good, but I'm bias and super excited to see Diana back as loved the original.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #23
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Captain Marvel was helped by clever marketing by Disney, they placed the movie between Infinity War and Endgame and had a scene at the end of Infinity War with her symbol in the pager, I think most people thought they needed to see it in order to continue the story arch of Infinity War when in actuality it was a standalone movie... Plus people were all hyped after Infinity War so you could have put the Hulk movie next and it would have done great money wise...
We have no idea about hypothetical.

I think Marvel has built an absolute juggernaut of a brand that the general audience have come to trust. Fifteen years ago Iron Man was no where near an A list hero to mainstream. They managed to build up those core Avengers characters and now it feels like they could pick anyone and bound to do at least well.

Of course, who knows what movies will be like in 2020 and 2021. Unfair to compare upcoming releases of anything with the drastically different scenario we see at box office and video on demand markets.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:49 PM   #24
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That is really tough to say given, well, everything right now.

I expect it not to do as well, as I figure every movie will struggle for a while.

I think they both look good, but I'm bias and super excited to see Diana back as loved the original.
Disney is releasing Mulan to their streaming service, but it will have a price tag of $30 to watch it... Which is roughly what it costs take a family of 4 to the movies (sans popcorn and drinks)... It will be interesting to see how it does financially...
Old 08-08-2020, 12:49 AM   #25
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Disney is releasing Mulan to their streaming service, but it will have a price tag of $30 to watch it... Which is roughly what it costs take a family of 4 to the movies (sans popcorn and drinks)... It will be interesting to see how it does financially...
Movies in my area are $12 per ticket for new films. So for me $30 is less than 3 people minus drinks and such.

I think if they did these for just a tad less, say $25, it would do very well across the country.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:01 AM   #26
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Movies in my area are $12 per ticket for new films. So for me $30 is less than 3 people minus drinks and such.

I think if they did these for just a tad less, say $25, it would do very well across the country.
Shows you how long it's been since I've been to a theater
Old 08-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #27
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
For that price, I’ll wait till it comes in Blu Ray. I just need them to release the WW84 movie right now.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:23 PM   #28
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Shows you how long it's been since I've been to a theater
Last movie I saw was Star Wars RoS...before that it was Spider-man FFH, probably should have quit with Spider-man lol
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #29
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd be shocked to see the same actor play two major roles within the MCU.

Disney have paid Larson for 5 movies (she has done 2 thus far) and despite mixed reception the original Captain Marvel did gangbusters at the box office (far more than any Thor movie for example).
I'm not sure why they would switch to a far more expensive lead actress and create confusion for general audiences.
I just thought, Chris Evans played two different Marvel characters.
Chris Evans played Johnny Storm in Fantastic 4 (2005)
Chris Evans played Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #30
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I just thought, Chris Evans played two different Marvel characters.
Chris Evans played Johnny Storm in Fantastic 4 (2005)
Chris Evans played Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Yes, but FF movie was before the Iron Man MCU. So not really the same universe or setting.

I see your point but having the actor who played Black Widow also play Captain Marvel would be really weird and confusing to most people.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote