Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #711
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
do you know if those are going to be included in the book that collects all the auction pieces?
I don't know. I would think a decent chance on the DC pieces, not sure about Marvel

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:51 AM   #712
BigLeagueChu
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
sounds like hes back to working full time and doing these 10-15 min at a time in between stuff. going to be a long crawl to 60... kind of sucks for everyone waiting on their pieces if theyre still not shipping them out until theyre all finished
Some have shipped
BigLeagueChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:38 AM   #713
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

For someone with no knowledge of Jim Lee's life as I dont follow, this all seems anticlimactic and apperantly to big of an endeavor from the start.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:34 AM   #714
IG-64
Justice League

Turmoil at DC Comics probably isn't helping things either...
IG-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #715
Mean Green
Fantomah

52 is quite a feat by itself too. That number looks familiar..
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:12 PM   #716
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
For someone with no knowledge of Jim Lee's life as I dont follow, this all seems anticlimactic and apperantly to big of an endeavor from the start.
Along with being an artist, he is the Chief Creative Officer for DC. Another job in itself. So he has art deadlines, deadlines/projects for his CCO title. Oh and his has a family with kids.

He never denied it was a LOT of work, but I'm cutting him slack because he did a lot for an industry that was/is getting hit hard. Toss is in the DCFandome and the sad employment issues with DC, it's gotta be a rough time.

He will finish the art, just a matter of when. It will be happy little surprises when the art rolls out.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #717
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Yeah, the man has donated a TON so far, and DC is in the middle of a little something ... patience and understanding is due IMHO

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:09 PM   #718
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Along with being an artist, he is the Chief Creative Officer for DC. Another job in itself. So he has art deadlines, deadlines/projects for his CCO title.
So, he's kinda captain of a sinking boat?
Here, in France - and Belgium, there have been no more comic book publications in monthly magazines for a long long long time. The authors live - or survive for most of them - thanks to the albums (books with rigid cardboard covers, you probably have an other word for them) whose periodicity is globally annual.
The disappearance of the monthly contributed to the impoverishment of the authors, unfortunately.
I started in the late '70s, it was still the golden age... Today, I’m glad none of my children have tried to follow in my footsteps.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #719
Demona
Martian Manhunter

He is one of the captains of the sinking ship, though it wasn't taking on so much water before.

And I think French "albums" are what we call Trade Paperbacks (TPB). TPBs are multiple issues of a comic that are bound together with a cover?

Monthly titles were put on hold during the Rona, but I'm not sure how much that effected DC. Being a Marvel comic girl I've only stayed on top of DC activities through the news. Honestly, if not for the Batman franchise - do any of us think DC would still be around? I don't.

Even if DC folds, I will still support artists because I love art. I love commissions. I like having unique things, which is why I steer clear of most prints.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:39 PM   #720
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

DC leaving Diamond compounded with all the covfefe-19 chaos meant that there was going to be a huge mess in their future. I didn't think it would hit them to the extent that it has, but it was pretty obvious months ago that they had some big issues to resolve. DC hasn't made many good decisions over the last several years, and now we're seeing the results. I'm a DC fanboy through and through, and I've been disappointed with them for quite awhile. Unfortunately, I don't think they have anyone that can pull them together with a solid plan to get things going again anytime soon.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote