Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #201
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Maybe my eyes are gone or the pic is horrible...but, that's yellow? Looks maybe off-white/cream at most
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #202
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Side Show...If by some mystical magical chance you read this, I hope you consider...

I'm wondering if more meticulous care is taken with the DC line because of how sensitive the license is. Meaning it took so long for the license to obtain and DC is picky from what I hear. I don't own a SS DC piece, but im hearing how impressed people are with your efforts on DC. On the flip side, it also tells me that you are capable of doing top quality work on every license if you chose to do so. It would seem that you are selective on who you go all out on with QC checks and re do's and maybe skilled labor (I don't know all the details, but obviously, something is up). Just an observation. So its comforting to know you are capable of doing awesome work when you choose to. You aren't a lost cause. You just have to have the same commitment to excellence on every property like you do with the DC line. If you did this, many of the complaints you're having would be minimized.

I'm stating the obvious, but I mention this openly because I want you to know the collector community realizes this. You guys obtain licensees with a ton of potential and have really great ways in which a collector can obtain a piece with out going broke..ie. flex pay. Most of my collection features some of your best 1/4 work. I just want you guys to strive for excellence on all your work so you can continue to be a go-to resource for collectors.

As you know, collectors are concerned. Any time your customers cancel p.o's with you (in droves) and completely inconvenience themselves by paying almost 3 times the price from another company, in a far away land, and in some cases with so much risk involved with complete strangers, that's an emergency situation for you that warrants a wake up call. Come on guys!..And all this silence isn't helping either. Its like your conveying denial. Im not saying respond to every complaint...it would not be wise to put out every small fire..But you hear collectors say the same thing over and over.. QC, QC, QC...you guys could at least lay the hammer down and say enough is enough...Come up with a plan of action and publically announce an initiative on how you intend to do better on QC. After all, judging by the DC line, you are capable. And some would say its lazy and cheap to not exercise the same consistency on all lines. For you to remain silent on this will not make it go away. You cant just brave the storm because you have most of the cards. This is a small niche industry and its just a matter of time before your bottom line is effected. I want to see you guys be great across the board. Consider it is not my intention to bash. I was blunt, but constructive. thanks
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #203
Spectral
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Maybe my eyes are gone or the pic is horrible...but, that's yellow? Looks maybe off-white/cream at most
This is not the picture that is bad but .... Sideshow
Spectral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #204
T.W.G
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm very unhappy with the electronics quality of my Sideshow pieces:

- Terminator Endo Bust 1:1: Eyes died, do not work anymore.

- Iron Man Battle Damaged 1:1 Bust: The same problem: At first I couldn'b believe my eyes when I saw that only a part of the eyes of my Iron Man bust was suddenly lit and than it completely failed. It died within minutes. I used the light function on both items only seldom but this is truly lousy quality!!

And these are no items where you can easily loosen some screws to open and repair it!

I should try out some of those Chinese 1:1 fakes... I guess the quality can't be worse than Sideshow! :-(
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:10 PM   #205
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Sorry to read that, TWG. This is the main reason why I am against light features in statues. They are just ripe with problems and once they fail, they can't be repaired and the piece is worthless.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #206
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Sorry to read that, TWG. This is the main reason why I am against light features in statues. They are just ripe with problems and once they fail, they can't be repaired and the piece is worthless.
worth less.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #207
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
worth less.
Well lets put it this way. They will be worth much less than retail. They are effectively a damaged or defective statue once the light up stops working.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #208
SONICobra
Batman

and people continue to push for light up features... this is why i will never buy an iron man that has a white disc replacing the arc reactor. if the statue has batteries i would probably remove them and the light up feature would never be used
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #209
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How can we display sideshow statues now?

1.t800 terminator with leather jacket has become sticky and stick around the neck and arm.
2. Rouge legs crack and base have spider web cracking
3. Gwen Stacy fall .
4.A lot of paint issue, I have been received my preorders with problem all the time.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #210
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Queen of the Dead #795

Biggest issues I had and Ive heard others have, other than damage or blemishes, are that 1. People are receiving the base with broken polystone pieces rattling around inside. And 2. The decals are misaligned on her spine.

Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote