Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-29-2015, 05:42 PM   #2111
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think they're all just slipping through slowly. And Sideshow is not sure which order they'll be getting containers so it's just a guessing and waiting game at this point.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #2112
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
It is blue on the statue. But some people have been using decals or repainting them green as in the comics.
Yeah, thanks for the info. Michelle Pfeifer Catwoman had blue eyes, generally this statue reminds a bit of the Batman returns movie, the firm latex cloth, the pose, maybe this is why they went for thh blue eyes

Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 AM   #2113
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
For all you perverts that requested it. It just felt wrong taking these pictures. lol

I have to say though, it's quite a beautiful sculpt hidden under there.

Also, I had one last go at the eyes. Something was slightly off last time, but I think I nailed it on this go.
GOD BLESS YOU MY MAN! Thanks for taking those pics for us boob men.

Kudos too on improving her googly eyes. Another outstanding custom eye job!!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:52 AM   #2114
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Yeah, thanks for the info. Michelle Pfeifer Catwoman had blue eyes, generally this statue reminds a bit of the Batman returns movie, the firm latex cloth, the pose, maybe this is why they went for thh blue eyes

Maybe, but if that's their reason it makes no sense on their end, because that particular movie Catwoman had blue eyes, but this is a COMIC BOOK statue...the PF also has brown hair. Selina's hair is black. Pfeifer retained blonde as Catwoman. Anne Hathaway Catwoman had brown hair.

More likely they just messed up with the eye and hair color and whoever was in place for the approvals process at DC for this at the time didn't know enough details about the character to catch it or didn't care enough to request SS change it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:11 AM   #2115
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
More likely they just messed up with the eye and hair color and whoever was in place for the approvals process at DC for this at the time didn't know enough details about the character to catch it or didn't care enough to request SS change it.
This is probably it. The eyes on the Black Cat LSB were also blue originally and it wasn't after it was pointed out to them that they changed them to green.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #2116
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
This is probably it. The eyes on the Black Cat LSB were also blue originally and it wasn't after it was pointed out to them that they changed them to green.
Yeah. At least with Catwoman we know her definitive color is green and that it's an occasional oversight.

Try this Wolverine and it isn't as easy. Brown or Blue eyes? It's changed many times over the years. Even various cartoons have gone with brown or blue. SS seems to go mostly with brown but has used both.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:49 AM   #2117
Dozza
Birdman

Just pre ordered her from Popcultcha. Excited!!
Dozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:32 AM   #2118
OPTICS
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Noticed BBTS has her in stock, so I just placed an order for one. Decided to get her first before JSC Gwen Stacy.
OPTICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #2119
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Is there any movement on the container front?
I received notice my final flex will be tomorrow for the EX, so I guess there are some movement.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:49 PM   #2120
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I received notice my final flex will be tomorrow for the EX, so I guess there are some movement.

I'm glad to hear some people are receiving theirs. The wait has been a challenge. However, I must admit (nothing against you), it's becoming a bit of a nuisance having to play second fiddle to the flexers. I guess SS does not want to risk cancellations from people who already paid large amounts into the piece.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote