Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #11
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I actually didn't realize there was any hate for Attakus on the forum. I really love their Star Wars statues and have been very tempted to start collecting them.

All I have to do is remember that they are a French company and it makes it easier for me to stay away. I kid, I kid.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:29 PM   #12
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER
I actually didn't realize there was any hate for Attakus on the forum. I really love their Star Wars statues and have been very tempted to start collecting them.
I've noticed it but I tend to dismiss the comments. They mostly come from the same posters who repeatedly have nothing positive to say about Attakus in general. I'll admit I do find it annoying when others act as if its their duty to turn people away from the products by pointing out perceived flaws which amount to nothing more than another persons opinion. I know it will never happen but if people like this would learn to keep their negativity to themselves it would certainly make the forums a more enjoyable place.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #13
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangrilien
… (taking a deep breath)

Now up to the real topic. I’m out of here.

Am I taking it too seriously ? No. I have lots of things in my life that are more important than the collecting hobby. When I arrived on this forum, I just wanted to share my passion with other fans. I’ve “met” great forum members, seen amazing items I’ve never heard of before, found helpful informations regarding lots of subjects. I enjoyed it that much that I’ve tried to contribute the best way I could.

But as weeks and months went by, I also realized some people weren’t there just for the passion of collecting. It seems they’re more interested in constently criticizing some specific items or company instead of enjoying stuff they like. I’m not pissed off because I can’t stand opinions that are different from mine.
I just don’t enjoy reading pointless bashing comments anymore.

D rod and all the SF staff : you have my gratitude and my respect for all the work you’re accomplishing here. I’m a proud Adamantium member and I’ll be a CS customer this fall that’s for sure.

So long, guys.
damn shang don't go, just ignore these assholes, that's all they are, they critisize attakus and 95% of them never even seen one in person, that's pathetic really that you're so sure of your opinions and agressive about it just by looking at pictures.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:38 PM   #14
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy
I've noticed it but I tend to dismiss the comments. They mostly come from the same posters who repeatedly have nothing positive to say about Attakus in general. I'll admit I do find it annoying when others act as if its their duty to turn people away from the products by pointing out perceived flaws which amount to nothing more than another persons opinion. I know it will never happen but if people like this would learn to keep their negativity to themselves it would certainly make the forums a more enjoyable place.
Very well said, HB.

And Shang my friend:

Don't let a handfull of idiots ruin all your fun. Learn to ignore them. I know, it's not easy, but it works. Some people bash everything other than what they have or collect. Must make them "feel" "superior" in some kind of way. If you ignore them, they will get lost and mostly get out of your feet. There's a "ignore" list here, and it works like a charm, trust me!
You still can "see" them, but you can't "hear" any crap that comes out of their mouths.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:54 PM   #15
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

who's on that list cap
Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 PM   #16
cap70

Sorry Ish, can't see what you are writing!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #17
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Old 07-22-2006, 12:05 AM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Oh SNAP !!!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #19
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
Old 07-22-2006, 01:19 AM   #20
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

hey Shang, i will be sorry to see you go. i've always enjoyed reading your posts and messing around with ya in the chat room. you're one of the more positive contributors on this forum and i hope you change your mind and decide to stay. i was one of those who thought Attakus' human likenesses were weak. until i read your post, i never knew they had to use generic likenesses for the early sculpts. i know their hand was forced on the Tie Pilot recently but didn't realise it went so far back. you have educated me and changed my opinion of some of the older, human Attakus statues. thanks bro.

the only reason i 'hate' Attakus is you can't get them in SE Asia without importing them for mucho $$$.
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote