Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 01-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

What do you think of Play Arts Kai action figures?

Hi All

I'm branching out in my areas of interests. The main reason is that the Statue industry is not producing the type of genre I'm interested in, and if it is, then certainly not in a cadence that can justify it as a sole area of interest!

That said, I've come across Play Arts Kai (PAK), and in particular their range of HALO, Mass Effect and Deus Ex figures. I've seen a number of reviews on YouTube, but it's either very badly lit filming, or gushing fanboys more interested in pawing their new acquisition then giving a balanced review!

Given the premium pricing of these figures, especially the sold out products (which can reach premium 1/6 scale figure prices!!) are these figures worth it?

What's your thoughts? Are they worth the price? How good, generally, is the quality?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
Luminous
Cyclops

I owned a few Metal Gear PAK figures. I decided that they didn't really fit what I was going for in my collection and that they were definitely not worth the aftermarket value. Made a nice profit and never looked back.

They're essentially overpriced action figures. They're definitely nice, but not worth the asking price IMO. Of the properties you mentioned I would say Halo is superior to the other two. I never owned a Mass Effect PAK, but the ones I saw in person didn't seem very nice. Halo has the advantage of not worrying about facial likeness.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #3
Honored Knight
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think their overpriced to be honest, especially aftermarket prices after they sell out. They are very nice figures though. I have both versions of Harley Quinn, Catwoman and Poison Ivy. I would like to branch out into Mass Effect, but can't see myself paying what sellers are asking. *cough* Tali.
Honored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote