Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #471
Z71man14
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Amazing work by P1. Extremely happy with rexy. Now, the trike.
Awesome collection Tama and congrats on the beautiful Prime 1 Rexy! You are going to need some more shelves .

Just curious, does your rex's right foot sit flat? I cannot get mine down.

On a side LOTR note, it looks like Iron Studios is going to be making some awesome new statues including my favorite, Legolas, in a really awesome shooting pose (see pics). Thought you might like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	legolas.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	127629   Click image for larger version

Name:	legolas 2.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	127630  
Z71man14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #472
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71man14 View Post
Awesome collection Tama and congrats on the beautiful Prime 1 Rexy! You are going to need some more shelves .

Just curious, does your rex's right foot sit flat? I cannot get mine down.

On a side LOTR note, it looks like Iron Studios is going to be making some awesome new statues including my favorite, Legolas, in a really awesome shooting pose (see pics). Thought you might like that.
I haven't seen a sigle one with the foot completely flat. Mine isn't either. But is not much. I think is something normal in them. Oh and IR is freaking killing the lotr line. I want the fell beast sooo much.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 05:21 AM   #473
manuel-perez
Doh!

My christmas present. Got her yesterday. It is an amazing piece in real life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191224_102015.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	127668  
manuel-perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:22 PM   #474
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel-perez View Post
My christmas present. Got her yesterday. It is an amazing piece in real life.
Indeed. I love mine!!!
Old 10-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #475
Ezhil
Mephisto

The right foot doesn't sit in the peg hole for my rexy.just noticed when I rechecked after 1 yr.any solution???)
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:43 PM   #476
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
The right foot doesn't sit in the peg hole for my rexy.just noticed when I rechecked after 1 yr.any solution???)
Pretty much all of them are like that. Mine and lots of others i have seen dont flush.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:23 PM   #477
ambulanceartist
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Pretty much all of them are like that. Mine and lots of others i have seen dont flush.
I thought I had this problem. But I kept trying and maybe it was a certain angle or me rocking it in place but it finally went in all the way. Definitely the most frustrating part of it though.

Here's the review I did of mine.
https://youtu.be/hHuRnsc-kQ4
ambulanceartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:53 PM   #478
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambulanceartist View Post
I thought I had this problem. But I kept trying and maybe it was a certain angle or me rocking it in place but it finally went in all the way. Definitely the most frustrating part of it though.

Here's the review I did of mine.
https://youtu.be/hHuRnsc-kQ4
Great review Ambu! Being a huge dinosaur and JP fan, I also acquired this piece! What an exceptional job Prime1 has done. In my opinion they captured the Tyrannosaur beautifully. Hands down the best JP Rex representation to date. I also own the Chronicle breakout and have seen the Iron Studios Rex in person (do not own) and this is by far the most accurate and best sculpted and painted. Chronicle and Irons are nice but this is on another level. The only thing that can top this would be Prime1’s Rotunda Tyrannosaur!!!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:36 AM   #479
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
Great review Ambu! Being a huge dinosaur and JP fan, I also acquired this piece! What an exceptional job Prime1 has done. In my opinion they captured the Tyrannosaur beautifully. Hands down the best JP Rex representation to date. I also own the Chronicle breakout and have seen the Iron Studios Rex in person (do not own) and this is by far the most accurate and best sculpted and painted. Chronicle and Irons are nice but this is on another level. The only thing that can top this would be Prime1’s Rotunda Tyrannosaur!!!
I disagree, I own IS Jurassic Park Diorama, and I saw side by side Prime 1 and IS T-Rex, and in my opinion the concept of IS T-Rex is much better, Prime's pose is boring and don't make much sense if you think in the scene on the movie, the T-Rex is looking down, the IS is screaming to you, it's much bigger (1/10 over 1/15) and the base is by far much more interesting and capture much more the movie and the scene, the only point that Prime 1 is better is in painting, but not by far, both are ok, and the plants behind of the fence, in IS they are very poor made, but the base is full of details and easter eggs, is much better, they even came with little maps of the island,they have LED lights on the car, and in the T-Rex and the rest of the Diorama you can see drops of water from the RAIN in the scene, and they shine if you turn on a light above, like real rain would do, all this puts IS Rex in another level for me. Other thing that puzzles me is the size of the head of the T-Rex, I think Prime 1 is just a little small than should be.

Apart from that, Prime 1 T-Rex on Rotunda must be the best Rex when was released, I don't like the Raptors and the logo in front (horrible), but the rest is really good. But IS announced that they are making a Rotunda too, and they must show now in December.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #480
ambulanceartist
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I disagree, I own IS Jurassic Park Diorama, and I saw side by side Prime 1 and IS T-Rex, and in my opinion the concept of IS T-Rex is much better, Prime's pose is boring and don't make much sense if you think in the scene on the movie, the T-Rex is looking down, the IS is screaming to you, it's much bigger (1/10 over 1/15) and the base is by far much more interesting and capture much more the movie and the scene, the only point that Prime 1 is better is in painting, but not by far, both are ok, and the plants behind of the fence, in IS they are very poor made, but the base is full of details and easter eggs, is much better, they even came with little maps of the island,they have LED lights on the car, and in the T-Rex and the rest of the Diorama you can see drops of water from the RAIN in the scene, and they shine if you turn on a light above, like real rain would do, all this puts IS Rex in another level for me. Other thing that puzzles me is the size of the head of the T-Rex, I think Prime 1 is just a little small than should be.

Apart from that, Prime 1 T-Rex on Rotunda must be the best Rex when was released, I don't like the Raptors and the logo in front (horrible), but the rest is really good. But IS announced that they are making a Rotunda too, and they must show now in December.
The IS Rex dio definitely has more action going on, but the Rex sculpt is inferior in my opinion. The expression looks exaggerated and nothing like the Stan Winston animatronic.

The Prime 1 rex isn’t going the wrong direction also, as I imagine this is the moment he goes after Tim and lex’s explorer once she turns the flashlight on. Either way I’m just glad there are finally high end Jurassic pieces available and fans have options. As statues, like art, are subjective.
ambulanceartist is offline   Reply With Quote