Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #801
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
These are 18" scale statues which translates roughly to 1/4 scale.

They're making all 5 girls. Baby Doll, Amber and Sweet Pea have already been released. Rocket and Blondie will follow as will the German Zombie Soldier and Colossal Samurai. The Samurai will be approx. 23" tall.

Edition sizes vary depending on the character. There are no exclusives vs regulars but there was a Japanese variant of the Baby Doll statue with her holding her gun instead of scabbard. Both versions were limited to 500 pieces.
Was the other two release number really low as well?

Thanks so much my friend. I'm glad there's no major exclusive that makes it so hard to collect. So the. Baby doll release from GG is it only 500 pieces for the regular release?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #802
flushblack
Frackin!

i think the other 2 were around 1400 ea., BD was like Hellboy said 500 for the US ver. and 500 for the Jap. version, Babydoll is getting up there in price nowadays, the other 2 you can get for a reasonable price
BTW they are great pieces
flushblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #803
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Was the other two release number really low as well?

Thanks so much my friend. I'm glad there's no major exclusive that makes it so hard to collect. So the. Baby doll release from GG is it only 500 pieces for the regular release?
No problem.

Edition Sizes are as follows:
  • Baby Doll - 500 US / 500 Japanese Variant
  • Amber - 1300
  • Sweet Pea - 1400

As for them being hard to collect... both Amber and Sweet Pea are still readily available but Baby Doll commands some $$$ on the secondary market. Especially the more sought after US release which fetches upwards of $1000.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #804
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by flushblack View Post
i think the other 2 were around 1400 ea., BD was like Hellboy said 500 for the US ver. and 500 for the Jap. version, Babydoll is getting up there in price nowadays, the other 2 you can get for a reasonable price
BTW they are great pieces
Thanks I never was into gentle giant. But today I we t to a comic shop and saw the statue the blonde hair girl holding a long gun. I think it's the latest issue. She blew me away with the quality of the sculpt and the size looked close to 1/4 scale. I thought gentle giant could not do sculpts that good and the size was perfect at 1/4 scale. So now I guess I need to look for a baby doll. I wonder if I should wait until the SS version comes out first to hopefully maybe lower the GG version. I wonder will this happen or should I just buy her now?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #805
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Thanks I never was into gentle giant. But today I we t to a comic shop and saw the statue the blonde hair girl holding a long gun. I think it's the latest issue. She blew me away with the quality of the sculpt and the size looked close to 1/4 scale. I thought gentle giant could not do sculpts that good and the size was perfect at 1/4 scale. So now I guess I need to look for a baby doll. I wonder if I should wait until the SS version comes out first to hopefully maybe lower the GG version. I wonder will this happen or should I just buy her now?
Tough call... depends on how good the Sideshow version comes out. But I cant see the price really going down that much even with the SS release.

If you can find a Jap(with gun) for $500-600 or a U.S. for $600-700 grab it.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #806
flushblack
Frackin!

Quote:
not sure what'll happen to GG's BD price when SS release their's, which i've got on PO as well, but i'm a fan of the movie and the girls (of which a couple are Aussie's) and hence why i'm committed to this line.
Rocket is up next
flushblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #807
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'd be shocked if Sideshow's piece had any effect whatsoever on the aftermarket prices of GG's Baby Doll. The pieces are quite different and with GG we know their game plan upfront, they're committed to doing all the girls and broadening the line with secondary characters. That has a strong appeal to collectors.

On the other hand Sideshow has a reputation of getting film licenses and only producing PFs of the main character. Examples: Hellboy, Pirates of the Caribbean, Terminator, Alien, Aliens, Conan etc....
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #808
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
Tough call... depends on how good the Sideshow version comes out. But I cant see the price really going down that much even with the SS release.

If you can find a Jap(with gun) for $500-600 or a U.S. for $600-700 grab it.
Curious why is the USA version higher than the Japan exclusive with the gun? I think I like the gun one a bit better.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #809
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Curious why is the USA version higher than the Japan exclusive with the gun? I think I like the gun one a bit better.
The US version came out first, and sold out before the movie came out. They only made the Jap after the movie because it was in such demand.

Personally I think the scabbard in hand works better for her facial expression and pose. But its all about personal preference, and if you like the gun more then go with it and save yourself some $ too.

I myself have the SS Ex Babydoll (with gun) on preorder and believe that action pose fits the gun in hand much better.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #810
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yea I have the Jp one and love the gun as well.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote