Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #321
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
They're complete shady liars. When the original green version came out, all they did was talk about how they were almost completely sold out everywhere, and once they were gone, they were gone for good.

Then they decided to do another version of 50 rattlesnakes, which has now been increased to 70 AND they are still producing the green versions.

Honestly, they are full of shi*.
ditto
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #322
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
They're complete shady liars. When the original green version came out, all they did was talk about how they were almost completely sold out everywhere, and once they were gone, they were gone for good.

Then they decided to do another version of 50 rattlesnakes, which has now been increased to 70 AND they are still producing the green versions.

Wow, they are still doing their shady business. That is just wrong. They kept stating on all these forums that the original version was sold out before it even hit the stores, even though a few stores had her in stock for a couple months after that. And NOW they are stating that they didn't produce the full run? ARH seems to be up to their same crooked ways. Seriously, how could someone think doing that was honest or a good decision?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #323
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
what the point of calling it a collectible if your going to mass produce when ever you feel like it.
agree
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #324
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:

Where did you hear they are still producing green ones ? I am pretty sure that's nottrue but I am not an ARH insider, just based on things I have seen elsewhere so if it is true I would be interested to know. As for producing less than ES that is not uncommon. For example the Frazetta Barbarian that CS Moore produced years ago has a supposed ES of 6500 but I know from Clay himself that far fewer were actually produced.

As for the Rattlesnake run, I don't know why that would piss anyone off. So some other guys that missed out on the original get a variant, that REALLY makes you mad? How many hundreds of variations are there of wolverine and captain america? The only thing it could possibly affect is the aftermarket value of the green and why would you care about that? Aren't you one of those guys who is always saying ARH stuff isn't worth anythng and you wouldn't buy one anyway?

And actually, if the full run wasn't produced then these that are now rattlesnake painted wouldn't add to the ES so that even makes the already absurd arguement that it is "mass producing" even weaker.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #325
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's possible that any unsold pieces go back to the distributor. I know for the fact ssc has this in place also. Sometimes there are also 'found' quantities in there warehouses. This happens everywhere from Moore, SSC to Aspen.

I highly doubt Arh is lying guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jz6x6 View Post
ok i decided to stick with my rattle version. good thing too because i heard back from Arahom and he said they were not available anymore. he said...

Trust me, you made a good decision! Also, we are not producing more Medusa Green. My factory is making me 10 more to replace the broken pieces I received in 2011. All 10 are gone already.

Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.
Just posted at SSF. Apparently the extra green medusa's are replacements. Which would make sense since these are all numbered anyways.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #326
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Where did you hear they are still producing green ones ? I am pretty sure that's nottrue but I am not an ARH insider, just based on things I have seen elsewhere so if it is true I would be interested to know. As for producing less than ES that is not uncommon. For example the Frazetta Barbarian that CS Moore produced years ago has a supposed ES of 6500 but I know from Clay himself that far fewer were actually produced.

As for the Rattlesnake run, I don't know why that would piss anyone off. So some other guys that missed out on the original get a variant, that REALLY makes you mad? How many hundreds of variations are there of wolverine and captain america? The only thing it could possibly affect is the aftermarket value of the green and why would you care about that? Aren't you one of those guys who is always saying ARH stuff isn't worth anythng and you wouldn't buy one anyway?

And actually, if the full run wasn't produced then these that are now rattlesnake painted wouldn't add to the ES so that even makes the already absurd arguement that it is "mass producing" even weaker.
They posted it on the other forum, straight from the horse's mouth.

In addition, for the record, I never stated ARH statues aren't worth anything, so that is you putting words in my mouth. I have never liked the company or the people that run it, as I think they are shady. However, I do think the Medusa statue is gorgeous, and I've always loved it. Being that this thread is about Medusa, I think it's perfectly acceptable that I post my opinion.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #327
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The thing that I don't understand is that they're saying they're producing more to replace damaged ones, but how are new buyers like Sideshow Joe able to get one? I guess that is what seems shady to me.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #328
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
The thing that I don't understand is that they're saying they're producing more to replace damaged ones, but how are new buyers like Sideshow Joe able to get one? I guess that is what seems shady to me.
Either way I'm just happy I'm getting one and it has better box and case to boot!! Did any of you email him to see if you could get one??
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #329
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Could be somebody or a few people just decided they didn't want repair or replacement and wanted their moneyback, which would mean then ARH could sell a replacement. The truth is though that they weren't "producing" more but were replacing a small number that were broken and couldn't be sold in the original run.

I pmed ARH about the numbers and as to "complete run" originally when the statue was created they were anticipating a total production of 500. They ran into unexpected problems with shipping costs and logistics and decided to cut the run off at 300. So even with these rattle versions they are somewhere between 300 and 400 and well below the 500 originally thought to be the ES when people ordered so it doesn't seem like this is shady or mass producing to me.

Here is the quote

"WE ARE NOT MAKING MORE GREEN MEDUSA

Our Factory is making me 10 more only to replace the 10 I received broken in 2011 and could not sell! The edition size number for Green Medusa is not being altered!

Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc."
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #330
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Here is the quote

"WE ARE NOT MAKING MORE GREEN MEDUSA

Our Factory is making me 10 more only to replace the 10 I received broken in 2011 and could not sell! The edition size number for Green Medusa is not being altered!

Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc."
The only reason they're "not making any more" yet making (ten) more is because they went back to the well for this rattle variant and ramped the factory back up for this production run. Those ten green "replacements" are now going to be their own variant with the minor changes that have been made.

I'd be pretty pissed if I resorted to buying a green one on the secondary market as it was posted ad nauseam on the boards that they were all gone, nowhere to be found.

Whatever the case may be, this whole fiasco makes them look ridiculous and isn't endearing them to collectors.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote