Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #331
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
Whatever the case may be, this whole fiasco makes them look ridiculous and isn't endearing them to collectors.
The opposite is clearly true. There are a lot of people who wanted one and couldn't get one. So now 70 more people have a variant, and they are happy I'm sure or they wouldn't have paid the $600. Those that are peeved about the additional rattler version should be aware that the original ES was going to be 500 when they ordered. It is still less than that so they are still in better shape numbers wise than when they ordered it. Anybody REALLY pissed off I'm sure can sell theirs at a profit and be done with ARH if they so choose.

Ridiculous? How many Captain Americas with minor differences are put out by the same companies? Every company in the world now uses TBD edition sizes or worse, open ES. What do you think that is? They basically wait until they get the maximum sales they can and then set the ES to a little more than that. They don't limit production for the benefit of collectors.

The truth is that there is a very small and very vocal minority that has a mean on for ARH in general and Arahom in particular.

Fine by me. If people want to take on hating ARH as a hobby I guess that is their business but it is what it is. In at least a few cases that I know of some people are probably justified in some anger at ARH, but that said I don't think he has ever ripped anyone off and if anybody is completely unsatisfied I'm sure he would refund their money, which is really all anyone can realistically expect in any sales transaction.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #332
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Ridiculous?
Yep.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #333
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
The opposite is clearly true. There are a lot of people who wanted one and couldn't get one. So now 70 more people have a variant, and they are happy I'm sure or they wouldn't have paid the $600. Those that are peeved about the additional rattler version should be aware that the original ES was going to be 500 when they ordered. It is still less than that so they are still in better shape numbers wise than when they ordered it. Anybody REALLY pissed off I'm sure can sell theirs at a profit and be done with ARH if they so choose.

Ridiculous? How many Captain Americas with minor differences are put out by the same companies? Every company in the world now uses TBD edition sizes or worse, open ES. What do you think that is? They basically wait until they get the maximum sales they can and then set the ES to a little more than that. They don't limit production for the benefit of collectors.

The truth is that there is a very small and very vocal minority that has a mean on for ARH in general and Arahom in particular.

Fine by me. If people want to take on hating ARH as a hobby I guess that is their business but it is what it is. In at least a few cases that I know of some people are probably justified in some anger at ARH, but that said I don't think he has ever ripped anyone off and if anybody is completely unsatisfied I'm sure he would refund their money, which is really all anyone can realistically expect in any sales transaction.
Remember the ES was 50 for the Rattle snake version...and now it's 70! It's not much....but that's 40% more!!
I liked ARH before, because I thought they were different...after this news (Rattle snake version and the 10 extra original Medusa)...I am done with them! I was interested in the Red Sonya...now forget about it. I am afraid a year later another variant will derive from it. I AM DONE WITH ARH!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #334
furycat
Death is hereditary.

still with this issue?!?! good god, i thought you guys already move along and discussing what will be the next hulk's color variant =pp
furycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #335
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Remember the ES was 50 for the Rattle snake version...and now it's 70! It's not much....but that's 40% more!!
I liked ARH before, because I thought they were different...after this news (Rattle snake version and the 10 extra original Medusa)...I am done with them! I was interested in the Red Sonya...now forget about it. I am afraid a year later another variant will derive from it. I AM DONE WITH ARH!
That is certainly your perogative. But really? That's what it is to you? If an ES is made larger (but doesn't exceed the original given size) you feel ripped off? They said that the run was going to be 500 when people originally ordered it. Now with all the variations it is still less than 400 total.

Would you be happier if they'd suddeny made a "warehouse find" so popular with the other companies? What's the difference? You do have a point in going from 50 to 70 or 10 to 15 in the case of ARH Thor AP's because in those cases maybe people really were paying the high price because of epected rarity. If that is really important to you but then you are right that your option is to not buy from them.

Don't get me wrong. I have no issue with criticism of ARH or Arahom, he isn't a saint or anything. My issues come in when I see things like the following:

1. Thread stating that his statues are inferior and don't use "polystone" like the infallible Sideshow. Then it is pointed out they are constructed with the exact same material and in the cases of some statues the EXACT SAME factory in China.

2. Thread stating his statues are "hollow" and "cheap" when in fact every statue put out by Sideshow 1/4 scale or bigger has hollow parts and in fact ARH statues of the same size and scale are actually heavier than their SS counterparts (I'm not against hollow, it saves on cost and shipping, just saying that ARH isn't hollow and SS solid).

3. Threads stating he is "shady" and implying he is dishonest and rips people off.

If you want to complain about his similar poses, dull paint choices, or whatever I don't care. Even his customer service if he was rude to you that is certainly not going to bother me but I have been buying statues from him for about 20 yrs going back to when he was in Brazil and he has been nothing but courteous and professional with me and when there are delays or problems he explains them and answers my questions and if needed fixes or replaces damaged items. If you look at some of the main people complaining regulary about Arahom you may notice that they sometimes have difficulty playing nice with others and are on the receiving end of more than their fair share of mod warnings. Maybe Arahom was rude to them, but maybe they were less than kind to him at a high stress time in his business life? Doesn't excuse him, customer is always right and all that but maybe he isn't just a dishonest douche either.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #336
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

@TNovak . . . I do not know if your comment was directed toward me in anyway (or other people), but I am going to let you know (because you have direct quoted me recently), that for the record, I have never been on any sort of a warning from the mods here.

Just so we are clear
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #337
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
@TNovak . . . I do not know if your comment was directed toward me in anyway (or other people), but I am going to let you know (because you have direct quoted me recently), that for the record, I have never been on any sort of a warning from the mods here.

Just so we are clear
No and also just to clear things up even though I have had dealings with Arahom for years I also did contact Dicherico via pm when she wanted to sell her Cleopatra because she was so upset with Arahom but she had already sold it. She told me her side of the story RE ARH customer service she received and she was definitely given a heaping helping of unprofessional response so I am completely in agreement that she and probably you got poor customer service.

My points are that first, this isn't the normal experience I and the vast majority of people have had with ARH. Second, at that time he was taking a LOT of cr@p on boards here and elsewhere when he had made a huge investment of money and time to try and grow his company his nerves were probably frazzled and he was unnecessarily short. And finally, if you don't think that excuses his behavior that is fine but he isn't a dishonest thief, he doesn't make an inferior product, and his ES variation is really no different than what the other companies do.

And so nobody thinks I have an ax to grind against anyone both Northernlad and Decherico have also been very nice to me here on the boards and as I said I have no doubt that they were both, in fact, treated less than professionally by ARH.

Oh, and I have received a mod warning once, a few years ago. So as you can see it can happen to even the most reasonable among us...................
Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #338
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Awesome! Thank you for posting and clarifying.

I do truly love the Medusa statue (prefer green, but rattlesnake is cool too) as well as some of the other statues they've shown (Athena, Angel of Death, Angel of Darkness). I'm just not a fan of some of the things they do, that's all.

I haven't had any direct, personal dealings with him, but I have seen other forum friends and how situations went down with them.

But, on another note, congrats to anyone who did manage to get in on the few extra Medusa's they had. She truly looks like an awesome piece of art.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #339
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oh, btw, someone on the other board mentioned they would love to see other female creatures like succubus, harpy, siren, etc. I think that would be an awesome idea!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #340
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh, btw, someone on the other board mentioned they would love to see other female creatures like succubus, harpy, siren, etc. I think that would be an awesome idea!
And that, is one of the main reasons I am taking up so hard for ARH. My collection doesn't have a lot of comic characters in it and there is almost nobody producing what I like. ARH and ReelArt is about it and Reelart hasn't put out anything in a while.

When I look at the Greek God series, the Conan and Red Sonja stuff, the Norse God stuff, the Egyptian stuff, I really just think ARH should be encouraged or at least not torn down with things that aren't true. Again, I have no problem with him taking his lumps for things he actually does or any quality issues he actually has, I just think that he doesn't need inaccurate stuff piled on as well. I wish people understood what a commitment and investment of personal treasure it is for these small fledgling companies to produce statues.