Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 01-25-2022, 07:58 AM   #171
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
I got an email:

Good news, your order is arriving to our local European shipping hub and will be ready to dispatch over the next few weeks!

It mentions delivery late February.
Good to know this one will not be delayed.
I have it on order with SpecFiction and can't wait.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:54 PM   #172
Lugnuts
Birdman

Awesome news! I have it PO’d on spec fiction so probably by early Summer I’ll have this!
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:20 PM   #173
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Say what!? It is ARRIVING!? Wow! I remember when my F4F Midna left the China warehouse it took 5 months to arrive on my doorstep. Early summer is right I'd say.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:57 PM   #174
nearmint
Phoenix

There's a very discouraging pic of the portrait floating around FB. I'm hesitant to post it here because it's the typical crappy iPhone pic that we always get first.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:04 PM   #175
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
There's a very discouraging pic of the portrait floating around FB. I'm hesitant to post it here because it's the typical crappy iPhone pic that we always get first.
I hope I get mine soon, and I'll make some photos with my studio lights.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:09 PM   #176
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
I hope I get mine soon, and I'll make some photos with my studio lights.
Looking forward to it!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:19 PM   #177
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That pic you reference was from a FB account that literally was just created the same day to post the pic. There is something fishy about these guys, so no, don't post it....
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:19 PM   #178
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
That pic you reference was from a FB account that literally was just created the same day to post the pic. There is something fishy about these guys, so no, don't post it....
I had the feeling they weren't posting pics of a real Weta product, but seeing the other photos they probably just didn't have a clue how to take a decent picture. Not everyone who collects has an interest in photography, but I don't know how they did it, even trying to make a bad picture wouldn't turn out like those of the Superman statue. I can't believe there isn't a hidden agenda there.

TBH some of the other pics of that statue just look good to me. Also the Weta reply with the master and production compared don't show that much difference, I don't see the extreme difference in sculpt. And to be honest, the paint job of a prototype is never realistic for the production piece. Any I believe they also do minor photoshop retouches, noting major but making eyes a bit more vivid, maybe adjusting the paint lines to make them look more smooth...

On topic again: This TR statue is more than just the face sculpt. The previous TR sculpt differs in production from the prototype, so maybe likeness in the facial structure is Weta's weaker spot, but the added environment, the Jaguar or dinosaurs, the pose... make it so attractive I don't bother that much as some do. I think for a statue with a more boring museum pose look this would be more crucial.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:14 PM   #179
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
What, just like the Weta Superman drama?

I'm so excited for this epic piece though. My display spot is ready.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:55 PM   #180
Lugnuts
Birdman

I really hope this is good… for $1500 I want it to be perfect! I’ll be taking pictures outside with my Sony a6300 so between me and StefanCo (who also takes amazing pictures) we will see if this is good or not.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote