Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #701
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah this is gonna be a killer combo, the Rogue/Gambit duo is going to look awesome and it will get more pricey to get them as more of the X-men PFs get made. Colossus, Storm, Beast, Iceman and Phoenix in 1/4 scale pls.
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #702
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I stupidly missed out on Gambit as well.. had the EX on order, cancelled it, went back on waitlist, didn't jump on the reg because I wanted the ex to convert, missed out on reg, and yeah you know the story.. lesson learnt .. anyway I'm definitely going to go back and get this now before it goes up anymore, and already have cyc and wolv and rogue on PO so it only makes sense (I'm sure expressing this interest will somewhow cost me an extra $5 on ebay too )..

My question is, is it worth getting the EX?? From what I can see, the regular tends to add an element of realism (I know it's only a card but it looks lifelike ), whereas the EX is a great way of showing Gambit's mutant ability and apparently looks alot better in person than pictures convey (aka Gambit's hubba bubba pack).. so clearly the EX is cool, but is it really worth the extra say $200 at this point? Is it essential? Oppinions from anyone, especially those who own it in hand, are appreciated
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #703
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
I stupidly missed out on Gambit as well.. had the EX on order, cancelled it, went back on waitlist, didn't jump on the reg because I wanted the ex to convert, missed out on reg, and yeah you know the story.. lesson learnt .. anyway I'm definitely going to go back and get this now before it goes up anymore, and already have cyc and wolv and rogue on PO so it only makes sense (I'm sure expressing this interest will somewhow cost me an extra $5 on ebay too )..

My question is, is it worth getting the EX?? From what I can see, the regular tends to add an element of realism (I know it's only a card but it looks lifelike ), whereas the EX is a great way of showing Gambit's mutant ability and apparently looks alot better in person than pictures convey (aka Gambit's hubba bubba pack).. so clearly the EX is cool, but is it really worth the extra say $200 at this point? Is it essential? Oppinions from anyone, especially those who own it in hand, are appreciated
I was one of the skeptics when it came to the Ex on the full reveal. From the pics, it looks cheesy and dumb like bubble gum. I ordered the Ex anyways on the first day of PO thinking I would just display the reg.

When it arrived I was really surprised, the Ex looked really good and put a little bit of magic into the statue. It was slightly translucent and you can shine a light thru it. Now the Ex hand is the only way I will display him. Ex is a must for this piece imho. It looks fantastic in hand and very different from any pics.

If you don't get the Ex you will always feel there is something missing.
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #704
xtina_slayer
I am da law!

jus surprise that rogue thread has fewer replies than skaar since he isnt for order even
xtina_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #705
premium_substit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzylojiks View Post
I was one of the skeptics when it came to the Ex on the full reveal. From the pics, it looks cheesy and dumb like bubble gum. I ordered the Ex anyways on the first day of PO thinking I would just display the reg.

When it arrived I was really surprised, the Ex looked really good and put a little bit of magic into the statue. It was slightly translucent and you can shine a light thru it. Now the Ex hand is the only way I will display him. Ex is a must for this piece imho. It looks fantastic in hand and very different from any pics.

If you don't get the Ex you will always feel there is something missing.
Cool, thanks for the oppinion. The "kinetic energy" being translucent is definitely appealing and a nice touch, and I think that's what must be hard to capture in photos
Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #706
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
the ex for gambit is definitely the way to go... I love that energy hand ^^
we missed out on this piece because we weren't collecting marvel then, so we bought it secondhand
haven't regretted that one second
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #707
Y3E
Gen 13

I have the regular Gambit and can't say I missed having the energy hand but it would be nice to have it (If anyone has an extra hand PM I would be willing to buy it ).

BTW, can someone tell me how long it takes to deliver an SS piece (Canada or US) once it is charged to your cc? I've only had one piece bought directly from SS and can't remember if it was 2 days or more. I'm thinking it was 2 days but it couldn't be that quick. Thanks.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #708
koababa
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I have the regular Gambit and can't say I missed having the energy hand but it would be nice to have it (If anyone has an extra hand PM I would be willing to buy it ).

BTW, can someone tell me how long it takes to deliver an SS piece (Canada or US) once it is charged to your cc? I've only had one piece bought directly from SS and can't remember if it was 2 days or more. I'm thinking it was 2 days but it couldn't be that quick. Thanks.
I'm from CA, so I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but the last item I ordered diirectly arrived in less than 24 hours. Think I ordered it in the evening and it arrived next afternoon or something crazy like that. Typically 1-2 days max.
koababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #709
premium_substit

Quote:

Yes, ignorance is bliss. If you've never had it, you can live without it. The fact that those who have it say it's essential however, must mean it's something special

Quote:
(If anyone has an extra hand PM I would be willing to buy it ).
While we're at it, please feel same to the same with me
Old 09-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #710
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by koababa View Post
I'm from CA, so I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but the last item I ordered diirectly arrived in less than 24 hours. Think I ordered it in the evening and it arrived next afternoon or something crazy like that. Typically 1-2 days max.
Thanks koababa. I was pretty certain it was 2 days in Canada. I'll check my cc statements and emails when I go home.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote