Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-14-2016, 11:46 AM   #21
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I find myself slowly returning to wrestling with the talent that is flowing out of NXT. I really like what I am seeing from Hideo Itami( even though he has been around), Kevin Owens is fantastic to watch, and even Sami Zayn matches get me hype.
Mostly though, I like watching Bray Wyatt's fueds with different top wrestlers. He reminds me of a modern Taker in the sense that he wants to strike the fear of god into his opponents and have them second guessing their abilities.
However, I have a huge amount of repect for New Day. Any tag team that can take their gimmick from being really confusing to something extremely loveable and hilarious has my vote!
What do you guys think of the WWE network? Is it worth it?
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:23 PM   #22
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

wizardjones, great name.

But as far as the wrestling goes, I'm kind of with you. I didn't watch for a good 5-6 years, just started watching again maybe a year ago now. And if you are liking NXT, WWE network is worth it. I don't even watch it all that much, mostly just the PPVs and NXT but I think you get an tremendous amount of entertainment for your $10 a month. Or in my case $11.99 because Canada.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #23
MrJones

Anyone else catching Mania?
Old 03-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #24
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'll be watching. Curious to see how the Shane McMahon vs Taker match ends up turning out. I'm sure Jericho vs Styles will steal the show.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #25
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

^^^ +1. That match and Ambrose/Lesnar. My expectations for this Mania are not very high. With a depleted roster and super predictable booking, The NXT takeover is gonna be more intriguing. I hope they prove me wrong.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:27 PM   #26
MrJones

I'm with you... I always enjoy Mania, and with the Network it's not like I'm putting out $60 on a show anyways so I'll be happy either way.

Shane/Taker is one I'm very interested in. Not sure how that will play out. I'd like to somehow see them do a win/win so Taker stays and Shane gets control.

Lesnar has been my fav wrestler since his debut, minus his match against Goldberg lol... so that will be great to watch. I don't like Ambrose but there will be some holy sh*t moments.

IC ladder match will also be great as well as Jericho Styles. I think it's a shame we didn't get Style / Owens though. I think, despite how much I love the guy, that Jericho's age shows when he is against Styles.

Main event will be cool. I hope Triple H's entrance is just as metal as usual. I'd love to see a surprise finish because it seems WAY too predictable as is. I want to see Roman finally turn heel.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #27
MrJones

So what'd you guys think? I liked it, but I'm easy to please.

I will say I did not like it as much as last year. A few thoughts in no order:

Ladder match was awesome.
Shane is a crazy person and I'm happy he's not dead.
Womens championship match was great but I was very concerned Charlotte's titties were going to fall out and Sasha's weave was going to fall out.
I'm happy Lesnar won but the match did nothing for Ambrose.
New Day have really come into their own.
Hell in a Cell match was hard to watch at times, like it might have been my fav of the night, but both those guys are too old for that.
I really liked the main event, felt like an old school style match and the crowd was into it even with simple moves. But the ending really felt anti-climatic to me. Like it was too obvious that I almost really expected a twist at the end.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #28
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I loved this years mania. I thought it was just as good as last years, if not a little better. And last years was no doubt the best ever.

The ladder match was on par with last year.

Undertakers entrance was the most outrageous thing I've ever seen in my life. Was jaw dropping. For me it was my highlight of the night. Never, ever seen an entrance like that before.

Shane jumping off the cage was the craziest wrestling moment I've seen in a very long time, if ever.

The womens title match was the best match of the night. Sasha banks is tremendous. I really like Becky lynch. Charlotte kinda sucks but that backflip was awesome. Charlottes entrance with the fireworks was over the top and i loved every second of it. That was another moment where i was like WTF thats crazy. WWEs Mania production this year was above and beyond last year. Just keeps getting better and better.

New day is fantastic. Jericho vs styles was good not great. The hardcore match was fun. Brock Lesnar is such a monster. I love watching that guy. He's someone we will tell our grand kids about, cause there will never be another like him.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #29
MrJones

I agree with you, that entrance of Undertaker with the lighting and lasers and the smoke, it looked so crazy, like it had to be CG out of a Marvel movie or something but it wasn't.

Also agree about Lesnar. From the night he made his debut I have always liked watching him. You are right that there will never be someone like him again, I still remember some of his old promos and just the feats of strength.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #30
MrJones

Great review, very cool. I think WWF/WWE characters would lend themselves to some great statues.