Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2020, 04:35 PM   #1
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Itching for a statue

Anyone else feeling like a statue and frustrated with some of the (understandable) delays due to Covid-19? I have been looking more and more at Sideshow's in stock items and at ebay. And even though I may not be blown away by anything right now, I sort of just want to order something. The sweet smell of polystone would be nice to experience right now
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:44 PM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

Yep. That’s me every few months. I usually end up buying another gun though. I’m currently eyeing Thor and Colossus from SS.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #3
brianjofa4975
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Anyone else feeling like a statue and frustrated with some of the (understandable) delays due to Covid-19? I have been looking more and more at Sideshow's in stock items and at ebay. And even though I may not be blown away by anything right now, I sort of just want to order something. The sweet smell of polystone would be nice to experience right now
I'm with you. XM Doc Octopus I've been waiting for just got pushed to Q3. Haven't found a good/fair deal for any of the other statues I'm in the market for yet.
brianjofa4975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:07 AM   #4
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm in the same boat. Trying to fight that urge though. Fortunately, I'm expecting some of my POs to be delivered in Q2.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:17 AM   #5
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

I'm not ready to sign up to SA (Statues Anonymous) yet, just received a little one to keep me happy until the other 3 turn up, hopefully 2 in Q2.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:17 AM   #6
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yep. That’s me every few months. I usually end up buying another gun though. I’m currently eyeing Thor and Colossus from SS.
Haha, same here. Eyeing a few handguns.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #7
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Haha, same here. Eyeing a few handguns.
I finally found one I have been waiting on to be released for years now. I bought an IWI Tavor TS-12. The range is finally opening this week so I can shoot it for the first time! And to stay on topic I got an email that my Artfx+ Loki is in its way yesterday from BBTS!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #8
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can relate to the itching for a statue part. I put about 8 statues up on Ebay last December and 6 sold but for the past 3 months there were two hanging on. I even lowered the price and had alot of people watching but just decided to try later in the year. I unboxed them and had to rearrange my collection somewhat to incorporate them back in. So even though they were not new, giving the collection a little refresh like that actually was nice because it gave it a new look (plus it forced me to dust-ugh).
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjofa4975 View Post
I'm with you. XM Doc Octopus I've been waiting for just got pushed to Q3. Haven't found a good/fair deal for any of the other statues I'm in the market for yet.

The problem with wanting this is that you are basically asking people who paid $500+ for overseas shipping to absorb that cost for you. I get it as I would want the same thing but I can also understand the original owners not wanting to lose half their cost to accommodate buyers. All this to say that overseas purchases have all but killed the aftermarket.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:51 AM   #10
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjofa4975 View Post
Haven't found a good/fair deal for any of the other statues I'm in the market for yet.
Same boat. Between this and the astronomical shipping costs, it's causing my already waning drive to plummet faster.

I usually do my TPB/GN shopping at conventions, but since those are out for the foreseeable future I've started to tip my toes into online searches. We'll see how that goes to satisfy my collecting impulses.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote