Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #101
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
Update - It has been 16 days since my Horse arrived back at ARH and not a peep.

It is now December 9th and I started this process the middle if August. So going on roughly four months now.
You have to call them... that's what I did with my Arkhalla. It came back half fixed, but at least it came back in a timely manner. My only regret was that I didn't ride them about the state and quality of the repairs. I should have asked for pics and what not and emphasized that I need the magnet to be strong.

You shouldn't have to ride them like this on a $600 or in your case more, product but you do. If you don't, you are really rolling the dice with what you get back and when you get it back.

Call them...
Old 12-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #102
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
You have to call them... that's what I did with my Arkhalla. It came back half fixed, but at least it came back in a timely manner. My only regret was that I didn't ride them about the state and quality of the repairs. I should have asked for pics and what not and emphasized that I need the magnet to be strong.

You shouldn't have to ride them like this on a $600 or in your case more, product but you do. If you don't, you are really rolling the dice with what you get back and when you get it back.

Call them...
Can you post some photos of the repair work?
Old 12-10-2016, 06:50 AM   #103
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Can you post some photos of the repair work?
Yeah, I'll get some up.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #104
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #105
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Been 2 years since I finished paying off the ARH Huntress. I preordered it during NYCC 2014 in October of 2014. We were promised by Payman Aflatooni, aka Alex, aka Averone, that preorders at NYCC 2014 would have a separate smaller ES, better packaging, shipped first, and include a signed print/poster by Frazetta Jr.

Here I am 2 years later fighting with Arahom and Spencer. They can't deliver the signed print by Frazetta Jr. They shipped everywhere but mine. All the promised they made, worthless.

So I asked for a refund and they refuse. By law they are obligated to do so -> https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rule...elephone-order

But no, Arahom refuses and wants to proceed with shipping it. Arahom just ignores what I say and persists on finally shipping it after asking for a refund numerous times.

I got their ARH Frazetta Barbarian. It's a complete POS. It's laughably badly painted, eggshell thin, cheap plastics, terrible crumbly white foam, no artbox. The mold wasn't cleaned up right as there are things fused together such as the girls thighs. Out of the 50 or so statues I have purchased, this is by far the worse one I have ever received. I don't want the ARH Huntress anymore. Their delays are beyond unreasonable. Their products are trash. Their owner is shady and they don't keep their promises.

DO NOT BUY ARH. They are conmen.

----

Sent: December 16, 2016 5:20 PM
To: Snadden, Jesse
Subject: Re: Missing statues

Hi Jesse,

You ordered this statue from my website as a pre-order, so you were well aware the statue was not ready to ship, and that it would take time to be produced. I have spent time, money and resources to produce the statue for you. The delay was unfortunate and unforeseeable, and we deeply apologize for it, but this alone does not constitute a reason for a refund. As I said, I will ship your Huntress this next week.

Despite of the delay, we are fulfilling with our part of the deal. I'm really sorry that we don't live in a perfect world, and something unforeseen events happen. Dealing with the problems the best way possible is all we can do.

Arahom Radjah
ARH ComiX Inc.
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 12:52:40 PM
To: ARH ComiX
Subject: RE: Missing statues

No I want a refund on Huntress. Do not ship the statue. I am legally entitled at this point to have a –full- refund including the shipping. Please process my refund.

Jesse Snadden

Sent: December 16, 2016 2:46 PM
To: Snadden, Jesse
Subject: Re: Missing statues

Hello Jesse,

We are sorry for the delay on shipping your Huntress, but we will be shipping it out this next week for sure. We will send you a very low edition number with a COA signed by me. We have encountered several difficulties this year regarding the shipping of our orders, but we are finally getting everything in order, and I apologize for the long wait.

best,

Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 2:01 AM
To: Arahom Radjah Bernacchi
Subject: RE: Missing statues

It’s been over 2 weeks now since I requested my refund for Huntress. Where is my -full- refund for Huntress?

Need I remind you that you are obligated by law (https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rule...elephone-order) to provide a –full- refund as you have not provided the product within the specified time and I never consented to any delays.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #106
Atheris
The Maxx

Still waiting on my 1:3 Arkhalla, don't even know how many years it's been since I ordered it. I've emailed, called, facebooked....impossible to get ahold of anyone or reply to anything. I'm pretty sure I've lost my money and will never see this piece in hand.

Also done with ARH.

Chris
Old 12-19-2016, 04:00 PM   #107
pdenham
Teen Titans

Snadinator, You are not alone in waiting on the Huntress.

I called a few weeks back to cancel also when I saw what a cluster*ck this company was in delivering product that didn't have issues. I was told the request had to be run by Arahom and that he would get back to me. Of course he never did.

This looks like it's going to play out exactly like I've been expecting it to for a while- eventually the statue will show up.
The packing will be entirely insufficient which will have resulted in numerous instances of breakage. I will then be told that they'll be happy to repair it if I send it back on my dime.

F*ck them.

ARH had a troubling reputation prior to 2014. I thought the NYCC appearance and big push with the Frazetta license early on meant they had turned a corner and were making a solid effort. I liked what I saw with the Huntress from the work in progress pics to the final unveiling. I was optimistic enough to roll the dice.

Of course well after the payments were made they start making changes. No more promises of improved stryo. The face changed to something that doesn't resemble Frazetta in any way, shape or form, and was apparently executed at 11:59 to make a 12 o'clock deadline. Which is even more galling when the whole thing is then delayed more than a year anyway.

ARH is clearly not ready for prime time- and that word has to spread in this hobby until every newcomer understands.

You don't over promise and under deliver and expect to stay in business. You're just a con man operation if you do.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #108
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Still waiting on my 1:3 Arkhalla, don't even know how many years it's been since I ordered it. I've emailed, called, facebooked....impossible to get ahold of anyone or reply to anything. I'm pretty sure I've lost my money and will never see this piece in hand.

Also done with ARH.

Chris
Same here. No reply, no communication, no shipment of my Arkhalla. SO sad. It was my favourite company berfore and I was a good, loyal and frequent customer until now.
How can someone destroy his own company so dumb?
Old 12-19-2016, 04:29 PM   #109
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Wow. Is Arahom so self-centered as to think no one else has difficulties in life? His incompetence in running his business is not my concern. My god!

Quote:
Hello Jesse,

I can see you took a personal instance on this, so I'll write you this one last time about this matter. You have no idea of what we went through these past two years as a company, so you are passing judgment on us based on your personal feelings of being deceived or wronged, and I can understand that.

On the other hand, ARH Studios, Alex or I are not your enemy, and we have not done anything other than work hard to fulfill every single sale and promises we made despite of what you might think. The Frazetta line of statues almost bankrupted our company due to its immense and disastrous fail in sales. We were required to make a huge upfront investment in this line with royalties, sculptors fees, promotion and factory costs, but sales were so low that we were not even able to reach the minimum quantity required by our factory to make this production after we initiated the pre-orders sales in 2014. To give you a quick idea, the Huntress statue you ordered sold about 34 pieces ONLY, and none of the others did much better. Our best seller of the whole Frazetta line was the Death Dealer on the horse that sold 83 pieces, while we were expecting an easy 500 pieces ordered at least!

When we were faced with that situation back in the beginning of 2015, we had two choices, refund everyone, take a huge loss, and cancel the whole line, or wait a little more and try to offer it to wholesalers and see if we could increase the number of sales. We decided to stay with the line in hopes that we could at least reach close the minimum amount required by our factory which is 100 pieces, so we wouldn't have to refund everyone which was the last thing I wanted to do, specially after all the promotion we had made and all the Frazetta fans who were happy with our new line of statues.

Unfortunately, our license contract with the Frazetta has a very high cost in royalties, and it was not possible to offer the statues to wholesalers at a discount they would be willing to stock up on products, and the orders they places were ridiculously low and did not help much either. After intense negotiations with our factory, they accepted to produce our Frazetta line even though we had not met the minimum required quantity. The Huntress for instance, we produced only 67 pieces total. Our factory charged us almost twice as much as what they would normally charge leaving us with a negative balance on each Frazetta piece, so I was losing more money in each piece than I was making to produce them. Even though I went ahead, and I produced the statues. All I wanted at that point was to get through with all that and move on!

But as if things were not bad enough already, our factory informed us that they would not be able to start on our production until they were done with the current production they were already making for us since they were already overbooked by other companies. (They had already started producing the rest of our 2014 line) So they delayed the production of our Frazetta line for another 6 months before they could even start on it.... And, the rest you know well! The statues got late for almost two years and could only be shipped from China along with our 2015 line of statues which we received back in August this year.

To make things even worse, the Frazetta statues are HUGE, with some of them packed in two boxes, and the Death Dealer in three boxes! This alone increased the number of containers we had to receive, making our loses with this line even bigger since we needed three times more containers than we would have for normal size statues. For you to have an idea, each container costs a minimum of $7k to ship from China to the US.

Now, if all these were not enough to put ARH Studios in a really bad spot already, the moment we received the statues in August, and we were ready to start shipping everything out, we started receiving TONS of complaints about the delays in shipping the statues because some customers saw other guys receiving the statues and got pissed because we had not shipped theirs yet, and some of these complaints resulted in PayPal claims, and even though, we have been shipping every single order, and we are still shipping every order placed, some guys got mad at us because a few more days delay. Because of the PayPal disputes that were filed against us, we lost our PayPal account, and PayPal is holding many several thousands of dollars from our sales and payments that come in, without giving us access to this money, so we were left without a single dollar to keep operations going. And since we depend on the payments that come in though PayPal every month to pay our bills and ship the statues out, we got to a point of not even knowing what to do right now!

Yes... The real reason we haven't shipped ALL the statues already is because we don't have money to ship the statues. I've been desperately trying to make more sales of NEW statues to be able to raise some money and finish paying for the shipping of the last statues we have not yet shipped, and this is the reason why we are making the AP statues in house again, to try to raise some money as fast as we can until things are back to normal. You can go to our website and see that we are not even accepting PayPal anymore, exactly because of this problem. Now 80% of our sales come through PayPal, so you can have an idea of how difficult things are for us right now.

At this point, what does it really matter a freaking poster? Do you really think I would be worried about a piece of paper that I can print hundreds at a local print shop for a few bucks? This is the least of my concerns, and if a poster signed by Frank Jr. does mean that much to anyone, I'm glad to send it to him and ask him to sign it for you before I ship it. So as you can see, you are holding against me such a small detail while I'm dealing with way bigger problems. Also who said, we don't have better packing? Our styrofoam is the best styrofoam we can have, given the amount of pieces produced. The "better packing" Alex was promising around was BEFORE we started selling the statues, so we truly believed we would sell thousands of these pieces, and be able to even make colored boxes for them. Factories won't make molded foam like Sideshow has, unless you order 500 pieces or more because of the costs with molds. Now we sold and produced 67 Huntress. How do you expect we have the same packing qualities as a company like Sideshow that sells thousands of pieces?

I don't know what guys like you, on the "other side" of the story are thinking about us. Probably that we are a bunch of liars and scumbags trying steal your guys money, but the truth is a lot different than most of you think. We are not the enemies here! I have proud on what I do, and I do the best darn work I can. We encounter problems along the way, but we fix them. You guys see a problem and the first thing you think is about punishing us! At least know the reason you are upset, and if you feel like we deserve to be punished, go ahead and do what you think you should do.

That all being said, I'm going to tell you one more thing. I will ship your statue no matter what. You can go ahead and take whatever legal action you want against us, but you can be sure that after all I have been through because of these statues, I will fulfill every single order to the last one.

Arahom Radjah
ARH ComiX Inc.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #110
Finisher
Blue Falcon

This is good in my eyes. Not completely bad. Because this sounds like the first honest reply the last 12 month.. but comes late. VERY late.

Sad also that he left this and other forums. Many good advises on paintup or changes couldve been collected here. Being ignorant on this, is just a bad decision.

The Succubus was VERY promising in my eyes. Now with this paintup I am quite sure this wont sell well. Perhaps he should offer an individual paintup, if they anyway paint each by hand. The only good solution in this case...but I doubt this comes in his mind...
Closed Thread