Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskullrudd View Post
Yeah Mike, I was real happy with the pieces I got from him last year, its just unfortunate it's really suffered from taking too long. Hope is we'll all get our pieces soon. Figured having a thread for when people get theirs would at least keep everyone else positive things are still running along.
I'm not really out to bash on the guy - just hope to see some pieces come out.
I dont think its any of our intentions to bash an artist...but its great to know when one has shady ethics...if the objective is to pay bills or what have you on our dime then deliver what we agreed upon...Im not ur mommy or ur daddy to take care of ur responsibilities...so dont lure me into a false situation so you can pay rent for the month and then leave me hanging and move on to the next 1 to repeat this bogus cycle of crap....then get attitude cuz u call them out on it...as if Im sposed to just love the idea of being used
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
redskullrudd
I am da law!

can't argue with one word of your post! lol dude, I always love how you phrase stuff. 'i'm not your mommy or daddy' classic!!
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

well I just kept gettin excuse after excuse then hes like I cant do any commission work I am workin on 3 books(umm anyone know of him working on an ACTUAL comic???) due all at the last of may I sent him email few weeks ago still excuses and made a comment on his DA and he removed it lol . and to tell people you cant refund them cause your BROKE is just unprofessional.. DON'T spend the money till you do the damn work.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #14
redskullrudd
I am da law!

I think thats one of the problems with getting commissions is running into the 'unrefundable' response. If you have paid for something, and haven't received it or it hasn't even been started getting a refund should not be an issue. That's standard good business practice. I can't think of any profession where a refund for service not rendered is too much to ask.
I think if you have 3 books you shouldn't take on like 100 commissions, or at least give people the option to withdraw their pieces if you can't handle the workload. Everyone can understand that stuff comes up, but customers should be allowed the respect of knowing whats up so they can withdraw that piece if not happy.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #15
liamsynclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
well I just kept gettin excuse after excuse then hes like I cant do any commission work I am workin on 3 books(umm anyone know of him working on an ACTUAL comic???) due all at the last of may I sent him email few weeks ago still excuses and made a comment on his DA and he removed it lol . and to tell people you cant refund them cause your BROKE is just unprofessional.. DON'T spend the money till you do the damn work.
Exactly...common sense is needed...if you cant handle the work load...why get in over ur head? as far as a book...its probably titled "How to get over on the paying public as a lame artist!"
Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

well still no refund since I sent him a paypal money request for my money and recied an email from him "got it" I say we all turn him into the ICCC (internet crimes complaint dept of the FBI) IF I dont get my money back from him in the next few days I will file a complaint. I also say we see what shows he plans on showin up at and contact the promotors and tell them of his business pratices. I am tired of gettin screwed over by these artists. Especially NO NAME ones.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #17
liamsynclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
well still no refund since I sent him a paypal money request for my money and recied an email from him "got it" I say we all turn him into the ICCC (internet crimes complaint dept of the FBI) IF I dont get my money back from him in the next few days I will file a complaint. I also say we see what shows he plans on showin up at and contact the promotors and tell them of his business pratices. I am tired of gettin screwed over by these artists. Especially NO NAME ones.
U tell me what to do and I got ur back! I never got violent towards an artist for malpractice...just tried to work with them but this dude is beyond niceities...there's absolutely no reason for this type of situation from an artist...this is just flat out fraud!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #18
redskullrudd
I am da law!

you know batfan, i gotta give you credit - you always call people on the carpet when they try pull crap with commissions. You've got a wealth of experience with the process that I and probably many on the forum have benefitted from when grabbing or contemplating commissions. Anytime shady shenannigans have been attempted you've alerted the community. I doubt any of us will get far with seeing a refund. But respect to you for always stepping up and calling out these guys when it gets too far. So i' support your stance on it too. guess we'll all just have to start pressuring him.
I don't think any one of us is less than reasonable with artists, and giving them a break but this really is dragging into to nonsense - especially if yourcomments got erased.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #19
blasto14
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

http://alexowenscommissions.blogspot.com/
I commissioned him when he was doing that special thing, he's done digital colouring's of the Iron Spider-man, Psylocke and the Iron man http://kuewa.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2oirrn
http://kuewa.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2og7c6
http://kuewa.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2odnk2
I really like the Psylocke piece but I have seem no sign of the original pencils! Which I payed extra for! Has anyone else recieved their's? I wish I knew earlier and just stayed clear! If you need support for this complaint I'll willing help anyway I can.
blasto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #20
liamsynclair

This is the DA note that I sent Alex this morning...Lee got me all amped and now Im ready to rip his reputation to shreds!

Well...if I dont hear from you....

....today about getting either my commish or my refund...the good thing for you is I wont be bothering you anymore at this point...the bad thing is Ill do everything in my power to ruin your rep as a reputable artist...there is no way that a moral or even a professional artist would treat his public in this manner...there is absolutely no excuse...so you can choose to continue to ignore me...say you never received my emails and notes...but I have all records of contact including the original agreement from MONTHS ago...so if you wanna take it there I have no problem destroying your rep and I wont be alone...there are plenty of us that you seem to have decided to turn your back to and are willing to support this campaign in bringing you down and exposing this fraud! If you really bout it and respectable as a man...stand up and admit the wrong and make it right