Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
This is the DA note that I sent Alex this morning...Lee got me all amped and now Im ready to rip his reputation to shreds!

Well...if I dont hear from you....

....today about getting either my commish or my refund...the good thing for you is I wont be bothering you anymore at this point...the bad thing is Ill do everything in my power to ruin your rep as a reputable artist...there is no way that a moral or even a professional artist would treat his public in this manner...there is absolutely no excuse...so you can choose to continue to ignore me...say you never received my emails and notes...but I have all records of contact including the original agreement from MONTHS ago...so if you wanna take it there I have no problem destroying your rep and I wont be alone...there are plenty of us that you seem to have decided to turn your back to and are willing to support this campaign in bringing you down and exposing this fraud! If you really bout it and respectable as a man...stand up and admit the wrong and make it right
Go get 'em !

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 07-09-2010 at 03:20 PM.
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I have reported him to DA for fraud and asked that his Acount be deleted I suggest others who have Da accounts do the same. my next step is to send in a Fraud calim with ICCC.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #23
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
I have reported him to DA for fraud and asked that his Acount be deleted I suggest others who have Da accounts do the same. my next step is to send in a Fraud calim with ICCC.
Send me the info lee...and ill get er done!
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #24
Statue and Bust
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I just checked his DA page... he looks like a weasel. Keep hounding him!
Statue and Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #25
The Batfan

he just sent me "you'll have your refund as soon as I have the money to give it to you, I promise "

blah blah

liam to report him to ICCC http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Old 07-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #26
redskullrudd
I am da law!

Quote:
he just sent me "you'll have your refund as soon as I have the money to give it to you, I promise "

blah blah

liam to report him to ICCC http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
I still don't understand, why even after all this - so many people annoyed with his practices, he just doesn't take a day and get the sketches done. He even put on his blog they take 30 mins to do. Let's say the guy is in a tight spot and spent the cash and can't refund anyone ...would it not be simple to just draw what you agreed to and call it good? Seems like he's on that slippery slope of permanantly damaging any kind of reputation.
Lee & Mike, you guys are awesome lol you guys need to go into private practice....like the A-Team of renegade commission hunting!
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:01 AM   #27
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskullrudd View Post
I still don't understand, why even after all this - so many people annoyed with his practices, he just doesn't take a day and get the sketches done. He even put on his blog they take 30 mins to do. Let's say the guy is in a tight spot and spent the cash and can't refund anyone ...would it not be simple to just draw what you agreed to and call it good? Seems like he's on that slippery slope of permanantly damaging any kind of reputation.
Lee & Mike, you guys are awesome lol you guys need to go into private practice....like the A-Team of renegade commission hunting!
LOL well he says he's been working on 3 Books I want to find out what books these are so I can have a talk with the publisher.. I have been tryin to find what "books" he has been working on hes claims he's PRO COLORING and besides a mention on a pinup or such from zenoscope. From what I can tell his MO is to offer up commissions people pay (I was smart enuff to give my usual 50% that I send to all artists) then he gives excuses then he opens one of his "cheap" five buck commission things from what I have counted up he is somewhere about like 50+ pieces behind in for the last 3 sets of commissions offers. He is payin his rent and etc off people and not giving them anything except excuses.

If you have problem with a crooked artist and and if you can find them.. maybe you can hire the LM-Team

LOL
Old 07-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #28
Mean Green
Fantomah

The Ponzi Scheme of art...

Sorry you guys have to go through this... Awful. I agree, if it's just something you can produce, take a weekend and pump out some stuff.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #29
redskullrudd
I am da law!

its a pity....I would have figured working on 3 books would have covered a few utilities at least lol guess the industry aint what it used to be.
On another positive side, I had a great experience with Jeff's mini paintings here on the forum, and another DA artist out of Serbia - cool to know good commission experiences outweigh the Owens experience. Lesson well learned.
Hope your emails to DA get some action...I'll be throwing my voice into it too.
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #30
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
LOL well he says he's been working on 3 Books I want to find out what books these are so I can have a talk with the publisher.. I have been tryin to find what "books" he has been working on hes claims he's PRO COLORING and besides a mention on a pinup or such from zenoscope. From what I can tell his MO is to offer up commissions people pay (I was smart enuff to give my usual 50% that I send to all artists) then he gives excuses then he opens one of his "cheap" five buck commission things from what I have counted up he is somewhere about like 50+ pieces behind in for the last 3 sets of commissions offers. He is payin his rent and etc off people and not giving them anything except excuses.

If you have problem with a crooked artist and and if you can find them.. maybe you can hire the LM-Team

LOL
Listen, I'm all for you doing what you can to get your money back and out him as a crummy artist who cheats people on commissions. If he's taken your money and promised you work, and hasn't delivered, then definitely report him to the ICCC or the police or whoever. Make posts here, keep commenting on DA, here, or whatever to let others know the situation, etc. But going to his publisher and trying to mess with his job there is not right, IMO. You essentially want to track down his employer, take a non-work related issue into his job and get him fired for it. That just seems like unnecessary over-kill to me. Has anyone done that to Michael Golden? Or to Buzz? Or to EVS?

This forum is a great place to have to share these experiences. I highly doubt anyone here will be trying to get a commission from him anytime soon, I know for sure I won't be going back for more. But this mob thing it looks like you're trying to start up, it's SO high school. Put down your torches and pitchforks, share your experience, encourage anyone else to share theirs, report him to the authorities if you feel it's that necessary, and move on. Take it as a learning experience, unfortunately that's a part of this hobby.
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote