Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #241
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
No, this one sooner applies:

As Pod's reaction was childish. Bashing Jerry for this is just immature.

The above is my opinion...I'm not attacking anyone.
Erihppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #242
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Shouldn't Sideshow have to pay a NRD cancelation fee to its customers? LOL

I mean if I have to pay NRD fees to preorder would'nt it be nice for them to have to pay us if they cancel? This is the first time I have had a cancelation so I will let this one slide but the next one is on them!!!

Just a thought...
A few people posted the cancellation email they received from Sideshow. It said that the NRD would be refunded and any reward points used would be returned (I assume if any payment plan/flex payments have been made they would also get refunded). So even though it sucks, no collector will be out any money on this.
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #243
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Now Jerry can eBay the spare Tygra and make a killing. It would be the only other Tygra besides the one for himself in existence. Talk about way cool.

On the other hand, bummer that the line is dead.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #244
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

The whole situation sucks, and is understandably frustrating to fans, but at the end of the day the simple math is if there aren't enough customers willing to lay down cash to keep a particular line going then it is financial suicide to keep producing product for it. It isn't an attack on the fans, or a slap in the face to those who did support the line, it's not done out of any malice, it's just the way things are and have to be.

At the end of the day if you don't listen to the market you go broke pretty damn fast, more than ever in the current climate. I'm sure if it was in any way financially viable then Jerry would have found a way forward, sadly, sometimes, it just isn't, and you have to cut your losses and move on.

Sadly, every time a niche license with a limited fanbase is started, this is exactly the risk that gets run, and all the great sculpts in the world won't save a line that people just aren't supporting and laying down money for...just ask Hard Hero (amongst countless others) about that one.

So all you Thundercats fans have my sincere condolences, and as a fan of many a niche character and license myself, believe me, I know exactly how you guys feel, been through such disappointments myself before, sure I'll see yet more again in the future. But at least you got a couple of great pieces that can stand well on their own or together. And while that may not be all that you hoped for, it's still something.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #245
drkknight65
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well said. In the end we as a fan base killed the line. I pre-ordered my ex tygra. With less than 50% ordered I don't blame Jerry for canceling the line.
drkknight65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #246
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podolski06 View Post
Hi Jerry, can you please get us all excited about the new He-Man line and tell us which will be the first 5 character releases you have lined up.....and then cancel it after we have all bought into it. Thanks pal!
What an infant. Your "excitement" doesn't pay his overhead. No demand= no profit. Simple as that. This isn't a charity.
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #247
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post
The whole situation sucks, and is understandably frustrating to fans, but at the end of the day the simple math is if there aren't enough customers willing to lay down cash to keep a particular line going then it is financial suicide to keep producing product for it. It isn't an attack on the fans, or a slap in the face to those who did support the line, it's not done out of any malice, it's just the way things are and have to be.

At the end of the day if you don't listen to the market you go broke pretty damn fast, more than ever in the current climate. I'm sure if it was in any way financially viable then Jerry would have found a way forward, sadly, sometimes, it just isn't, and you have to cut your losses and move on.

Sadly, every time a niche license with a limited fanbase is started, this is exactly the risk that gets run, and all the great sculpts in the world won't save a line that people just aren't supporting and laying down money for...just ask Hard Hero (amongst countless others) about that one.

So all you Thundercats fans have my sincere condolences, and as a fan of many a niche character and license myself, believe me, I know exactly how you guys feel, been through such disappointments myself before, sure I'll see yet more again in the future. But at least you got a couple of great pieces that can stand well on their own or together. And while that may not be all that you hoped for, it's still something.
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #248
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Do a raffle for the Tygra... $100 per number. Do a web video of the lottery pick. Have a few smaller prizes for the losers (Few Dark Raptors?) or the chance to be first in line on another preorder on a limited edition or coupon for 5-10% off next purchase.

Alot of different directions you can go on this one to satifiy the angry mob.

You would recoup your overhead and more...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 AM   #249
Podolski06
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
What a jerk. If I was Jerry (which I am not), I wouldn't do MOTU. I would make a bunch of them for myself and then show them off so that YOU and others like YOU would get pissed even more knowing you could never get what I can make....especially since I would have the skill and ability to do it.

Grow up Pod. You should be much better than this.
but i wouldnt call Jerry a Jerk, thats a bit harsh...lets keep things civil on here please
Podolski06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #250
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

This is actually GREAT news..
Jerry has nearly killed his flagship line, Street Fighter, by indulging in all these silly lines on the side that very few care about. The result? Only 1 Street Fighter PF coming out per year and that one that does come out is riddled with QC issues. So this is a blessing in disguise, now PCS can put that much more time, focus and resources into the only line that really matters.

Actually, Jerry had BETTER focus more on the SF line because very stiff competition is heading his way via PrototypeZ Studios new SF line:

Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote